Visa extension costs

KennyF

And just as an aside, the biggest problem with overstaying is being found by the police, say after an accident.

I believe they jail you straight away as an illegal alien or something.

I would not advise anyone to overstay.

KinAC

I wish people would stop posting rumors and innuendo versus reality.

From the US DoS website!

"Persons who overstay their visas are subject to fines and detention by Philippine immigration authorities."

The police do not care about overstay, although they might try and shake you down for some jing. Only the BoI has jurisdiction in these matters.

Bob, are you saying that the police don't care if you are an ileagle alian?

KinAC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancienrocka

• Bob Ward

• Woolf

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok bob, I get your point, but me, I'm going to stay legal and get my extensions every two months. And I still carry a photo copy of the photo page and most recent visa stamp with me at all times. Ju

If you enter the country with your wife, and are given a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, you have the privilege of staying in the country for a period of one year (12 months) visa free. As of the d

8am   once I started the day in Fuente, got my extension in Mandaue and then made it to Bantayan in time for lunch.

Bob Ward

And just as an aside, the biggest problem with overstaying is being found by the police, say after an accident.

KinAC

I wish people would stop posting rumors and innuendo versus reality.

From the US DoS website!

"Persons who overstay their visas are subject to fines and detention by Philippine immigration authorities."

The police do not care about overstay, although they might try and shake you down for some jing. Only the BoI has jurisdiction in these matters.

Bob, are you saying that the police don't care if you are an ileagle alian?

KinAC

There is a big difference in being an "illegal alien" and an overstaying tourist. An illegal alien has entered the country illegally and is therefore subject to arrest, prosecution and probably deportation. But the BoI still has jurisdiction!

An overstaying tourist has entered the country legally and has just neglected to pay his extensions. Whether the BoI decides to get more serious with the person in question is up to them. But the police have no hand in the matter.

KennyF

There is a big difference in being an "illegal alien" and an overstaying tourist. An illegal alien has entered the country illegally and is therefore subject to arrest, prosecution and probably deportation. But the BoI still has jurisdiction!

An overstaying tourist has entered the country legally and has just neglected to pay his extensions. Whether the BoI decides to get more serious with the person in question is up to them. But the police have no hand in the matter.

Ok bob, I get your point, but me, I'm going to stay legal and get my extensions every two months.

And I still carry a photo copy of the photo page and most recent visa stamp with me at all times.

Just cautious I guess.

KinAC

• Like 2
lazydays

For those who may wish to live/retire here one day,its best to abide by the rules.

udonthani

I think Kenny's confusing Philippines with Thailand here. There, if you've overstayed on your visa, and the police pick you up for something - anything - and they see you've overstayed, even by one day, you're going straight to the immigration slammer. No ifs, buts, or maybes, very little chance of them accepting a small in their hand bribe, as they'll want to pick up a much bigger one after you've been booked in. Overstaying is never a good idea anywhere.

but I have heard of people overstaying in Thailand for years, when they do they can go to the immigration office and sort it out by paying the maximium 20,000 baht fine, which sounds easy, but they were lucky. If the cops had picked them up for anything at all during all that time they'd overstayed, they'd have been in some pretty serious shit.

Markham

Why not leave your passport with an agent like our own Ancientrocker.

I leave mine with an agent and pick it up only at the end of two years when fingerprints are needed.

I pay the agent via gcash.

KinAC

I would advise against leaving your Passport with anyone for any length of time regardless of the convenience factor for you. For one thing, you can be asked to produce it by a Government official at any time and whilst a photocopy of the relevant pages will satisfy shops, banks etc., Government officials expect the real thing.

More importantly though, you should be aware of the risks of identity theft and the fraudulent misuse of your Passport. Be very wary of anyone who wishes to make and retain a photocopy of your Passport - foreigners who rent property will be more likely to come across this. Some Travel Agencies will ask for a copy of your Passport if you book flights to the US - as all inbound passengers must be pre-cleared by the Department of Homeland Security and US Immigration regardless of citizenship.

Paul ("Ancienrocka") makes every effort to return his clients' Passports on the same day he collects them for Extensions of Stay and, as far as I know. does not offer to hold their Passports for future Extensions.

If you are apprehended by the Police and they believe you to be an overstayer - or have some doubt as to your Immigration Status - then they may well refer the matter to BoI and whilst overstaying is a criminal offence, the BoI is the enforcing body not the Police.

I echo your advice - keep your Extensions of Stay up to date and do not become an overstayer!

Mark

• 1 month later...
TheLoneStar

For informations sake - I'm back, not blacklisted :D but as I said, I don't think I'll be so bold this time as to overstay. Especially in Cebu, where the Immigration Office is so easy to get to and so fast.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I extended my Visa for the 2nd time - I was expecting to pay about 4800 - but it cost 7538 - something about the ACR-1 (do they mail that to me or what?)

I was also told by the Cebu City Registrar and confirmed it with Immigration yesterday - that when we come back into the country from our Honeymoon - if we take the Marriage License with us - they will give me a Year upon our return -

Now I have to hope things have cooled down between RP and Hong Kong before Nov 20th - any other destinations recommendations for a honeymoon?

Thanks

ancienrocka

Paul ("Ancienrocka") makes every effort to return his clients' Passports on the same day he collects them for Extensions of Stay and, as far as I know. does not offer to hold their Passports for future Extensions.

Mark

I actually do offer that service and currently have a number of passports, safely locked away, from people who live on remote islands or even the other side of Cebu.

• 9 months later...

Here's a short list:

Visa Waiver (38 days): P3,030

1st Extension: P4,830

2nd Extension: P2,830

3rd Extension: P4,240

Succeeding Extensions: P2,830

Why do the first and 3 rd extrensions cos more please?

David Spicer

Why do the first and 3 rd extrensions cos more please?

There are different requirements at beyond 59 days and beyond 6 months. The fees are outlined in the link below. The first extension is now about P7,500 due to the cost of the new TVV ACR I-Card.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43

Woolf

There are different requirements at beyond 59 days and beyond 6 months. The fees are outlined in the link below. The first extension is now about P7,500 due to the cost of the new TVV ACR I-Card.

http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43

November 2010 I paid 6766.50 PHP for the first extension, that includes 2200.50 PHP for the ACR I-Card

David Spicer

November 2010 I paid 6766.50 PHP for the first extension, that includes 2200.50 PHP for the ACR I-Card

Nice! It appears that you somehow got away without paying one of the Express Fees.

Woolf

Nice! It appears that you somehow got away without paying one of the Express Fees.

Nope 1500php in express lane fee's

David Spicer

Nope 1500php in express lane fee's

Interesting. I just quick total of the schedule of fees on their website and it came to over P7,500.