Visa extension costs

ancienrocka

I thought I'd give you some idea of what it will cost you to stay here on a tourist visa for the first 6 months so you can budget a little better:-

If you arrive with no visa you get 21 days free and then your first 38 day extension will cost you 3030p taking you to the end of month 2.

If you arrive with a 9a "3 month single entry" or "6" or "12 month multiple entry visa" then you can stay in RP for 59 days without renewing your visa.

From the end of month 2 to the end of month 4 your extension will cost 4830p

From the end of month 4 to the end of month 6 your extension will cost 2830p

If any of you want further extension costs, let me know.

Paul

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancienrocka

• Bob Ward

• Woolf

• David Spicer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok bob, I get your point, but me, I'm going to stay legal and get my extensions every two months. And I still carry a photo copy of the photo page and most recent visa stamp with me at all times. Ju

If you enter the country with your wife, and are given a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, you have the privilege of staying in the country for a period of one year (12 months) visa free. As of the d

8am   once I started the day in Fuente, got my extension in Mandaue and then made it to Bantayan in time for lunch.

David Spicer

Here's a short list:

Visa Waiver (38 days): P3,030

1st Extension: P4,830

2nd Extension: P2,830

3rd Extension: P4,240

Succeeding Extensions: P2,830

• 1 month later...
ashlogcreek

I have been here for 18 days, so I decided this morning to go ahead and get my Visa Extension/Waiver

I questioned 5 taxi drivers (separately)who were sitting in front of hotel, and all of them knew where the

Dept. Of Immigration was in Mandaue. So no problems there at all.

3030 Pesos, and it took about 30 minutes. All the employees there were extremely nice and respectful. There was 1 Foreign guy who was really giving them fits about what he wanted and why it was taking so long, and they never got ruffled at all. They handled him very well, and eventually he calmed down and everything was fine.

visa waiver application fee 1000

visa waiver 500

Certificate fee 500

legal research fee 30

express lane fee 500

express lane fee(certification) 500

------

Total Fees 3030 pesos

I'm now good until March 2nd, 2010

Edited by ashlogcreek
  • 1 month later...

Great info! I did something stupid though. I read "3 month visa" as a visa allowing for a stay for 3 months. So, my stay in the Philippines is 61 days. Dammit!

So, do I just have to suck it up and pay 60-100USD for those two additional days? Or, is there some other way? Thanks :rolleyes:

I have been here for 18 days, so I decided this morning to go ahead and get my Visa Extension/Waiver

I questioned 5 taxi drivers (separately)who were sitting in front of hotel, and all of them knew where the

Dept. Of Immigration was in Mandaue. So no problems there at all.

3030 Pesos, and it took about 30 minutes. All the employees there were extremely nice and respectful. There was 1 Foreign guy who was really giving them fits about what he wanted and why it was taking so long, and they never got ruffled at all. They handled him very well, and eventually he calmed down and everything was fine.

visa waiver application fee 1000

visa waiver 500

Certificate fee 500

legal research fee 30

express lane fee 500

express lane fee(certification) 500

------

Total Fees 3030 pesos

I'm now good until March 2nd, 2010

You should be good till approximately April 4th.

lazydays

Great info! I did something stupid though. I read "3 month visa" as a visa allowing for a stay for 3 months. So, my stay in the Philippines is 61 days. Dammit!

So, do I just have to suck it up and pay 60-100USD for those two additional days? Or, is there some other way? Thanks smile.gif

You can extend for just 1month at a reduced cost,which will cover your extra day.

If you flew out on the 60th day you would not need to extend,as the day you fly out is not counted.

If you fail to extend,you will be fined.

• 3 weeks later...

So, do I just have to suck it up and pay 60-100USD for those two additional days? Or, is there some other way? Thanks smile.gif

You can extend for just 1month at a reduced cost,which will cover your extra day.

If you flew out on the 60th day you would not need to extend,as the day you fly out is not counted.

I overstayed in January by about 1 week, I was fined 3,030 peso's, to behonest I wouldn't even know where to go for an extension in the provinces, (So. Leyte) did one in Manila once and paid 4,000 for it, I think that was to what's known as a fixer... very quick though.

lazydays

I overstayed in January by about 1 week, I was fined 3,030 peso's, to behonest I wouldn't even know where to go for an extension in the provinces, (So. Leyte) did one in Manila once and paid 4,000 for it, I think that was to what's known as a fixer... very quick though.

I'm not certain,but i believe for extentions in Leyte,you can get them done in Tacloban City.

Hopefully,someone on the forum will be able to clarify this.

• 1 month later...

I'm not certain,but i believe for extentions in Leyte,you can get them done in Tacloban City.

yep-theres one in tacloban but none in ormoc...

• 1 month later...
TheLoneStar

Ok, so I got up to the 4th month extension and decided the trips to Imtramuros had to end. So I went awol and overstayed for 10 months. I'm leaving now, so I finally had to cough it up, and I thought I'd share the info:

I originally paid the 38 day and the first 2-month extension. After that I stopped.

Now I paid as follows, for a total of 14 months.

3000 Express Lane Fee

500 Express Lane Fee (Certification)

1500 Monthly Extension Application Fee

300 Annual Report Fee

500 Motion for Reconsideration

1400 Certificate of Residence for Temporary Visitors

5000 Monthly Extension Fines (for all those months I didn't pay - non overstayers don't pay this)

5000 Monthly Extension Fee

500 Certificate Fee

70 Legal Research Fee

2339 ACR I-Card Fee

-----------------------------------

20110 total

+3030 38-Day

+4830 first 2-mo extension

-----------

P27,970 total for staying here 14 months.

If I didn't overstay, judging by the other posts in the thread, I would have paid P25,760 (including ACR I-Card). A difference of P2,210, but 4 fewer trips to Immigration Office, which to me, is worth P550. I don't think I'll be overstaying next time though - fool them once, shame on me. Fool them twice, I'll be blacklisted :)

NOSOCALPINOY

P27,970 total for staying here 14 months.

If I didn't overstay, I would have paid P25,760 (including ACR I-Card). A difference of P2,210, but 4 fewer trips to Immigration Office, which to me, is worth P550. I don't think I'll be overstaying next time though - fool them once, shame on me. Fool them twice, I'll be blacklisted :)

The Lone Star,

:)But how do you know that you haven't been black listed already?

Anyway, good luck on your next return trip back to the Philippines!

I don't see why immigration just don't allow tourists to pay for the months they want to stay up upfront instead of doing the every 2 month extensions! I hope they're reading this and they implement my suggestion!

I used to do the 6 month extensions at a time after our one year BB stamp has expired, but even that, the 6 months extensions, they have discontinued without showing any memorandum saying it's so!

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
udonthani

yep-theres one in tacloban but none in ormoc...

there's two BoI offices on Leyte, in Tacloban and Maasin city. Tacloban is one of the quickest I've done one, average about 20 minutes.

KennyF

Why not leave your passport with an agent like our own Ancientrocker.

I leave mine with an agent and pick it up only at the end of two years when fingerprints are needed.

I pay the agent via gcash.

And just as an aside, the biggest problem with overstaying is being found by the police, say after an accident.

I believe they jail you straight away as an illegal alien or something.

I would not advise anyone to overstay.

KinAC

Bob Ward

And just as an aside, the biggest problem with overstaying is being found by the police, say after an accident.

I believe they jail you straight away as an illegal alien or something.

I would not advise anyone to overstay.

KinAC

I wish people would stop posting rumors and innuendo versus reality.

From the US DoS website!

"Persons who overstay their visas are subject to fines and detention by Philippine immigration authorities."

The police do not care about overstay, although they might try and shake you down for some jing. Only the BoI has jurisdiction in these matters.