Four Americans Arrested For Trafficking

The Mason

I will be the first to say, always, that I rarely believe much printed by the smut-star newspaper. It's more of a tabloid than a real paper anyway. But, I don't believe they were innocent. Now, there is a lot of corruption in this country. But, does anyone here really believe the police would have forced them into a room with a 14 year old, JUST to be able to file a case against them? Police here don't even like doing traffic reports.

I can believe that with no hesitation or second thoughts. After all your time in the Philippines, I'm shocked that you think the police are not capable of such behavior. The best advice I ever got on this forum was to avoid the police at all costs because they are NOT there to help you.

Its also equally plausible that the accused did the crime, so I'm not concluding its a police setup, but I'm also not dismissing the possibility. Weird stuff happens to foreigners in the Philippines, especially if you are high-profile.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• Cipro

• Mailman

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which really fecking sucks because these jackasses would have younger people believe that "youngsters" should RESPECT ALL THEIR ELDERS. I've said it once and I'll say it again. OLD GEEZER CRADLE ROBBE

I don't believe that sexual abuse of children can be compared to speeding. IMHO the US dosn't want to be responsible for exporting "evil" to other counties. This man is truly evil, this isn't the fi

I guess, what I am getting at here is, two guys are supposedly outside the room, just walking down the hallway. The third is alone in the room with the girl, and the police come by simply to push the two innocents into the room just to make a case out of it?

That is what I don't buy. They were there already. This is karma coming back to at least one of the guys, I'm very sure.

Let me put it like this. I previously thought one of these guys was a Canadian, in a previous thread I created a while back. He's the father of the baby I call "Max". Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

smokey

I can believe that with no hesitation or second thoughts. After all your time in the Philippines, I'm shocked that you think the police are not capable of such behavior. The best advice I ever got on this forum was to avoid the police at all costs because they are NOT there to help you.

Its also equally plausible that the accused did the crime, so I'm not concluding its a police setup, but I'm also not dismissing the possibility. Weird stuff happens to foreigners in the Philippines, especially if you are high-profile.

maybe if we knew how much it cost for his first arrest we can tell if the police would think of his arrival in cebu as an early christmas present.

Dinuguanboy

Who is the 4th person? He isnt even mentioned in the newspaper article. Is that what you call bribery? Why is that picture cropped?

Edited by Dinuguanboy

maybe the 4th one had the cash on hand before he left the building :D

From the article it appears the police might have sort of jumped the gun and pounced when some of the folks were in the hall, but reasonably speaking it sounds like they were up to no good. I wonder how old the other 'minors' were, the paper was pretty eager to report one as 14, but I wonder what the others were aged?

In any case, I know what it means to be alone with someone and a party of six is not alone by any definition of the term.

What is interesting about that particluar article is this:

Ylanan said this was a violation of Republic Act 7610, a 1992 law providing for special protection against child abuse. Under this law, it is prohibited for any person to keep or have in his company a minor 12 years or younger to a private or public place, hotel, motel, disco, or similar establishment.

They are being charged with a law that specifies the age of 12 or younger. The article fails to mention the girl's age (other articles say 14), but this one leads you to believe it is under 12.

That is the only article that states there were 3 minors in the room as well. SunStar only reported the one 14 year old.

Good stuff.

Edited by Mailman

But, does anyone here really believe the police would have forced them into a room with a 14 year old, JUST to be able to file a case against them? Police here don't even like doing traffic reports.

If he has had previous charges, then it's not surprising that he got himself into the same trouble again. He's just not alone this time.

And he's 66? My God!!! :not_see::thumbsup:

Sometimes, the saying "Wisdom comes with age." doesn't apply to everyone.

If he has had previous charges, then it's not surprising that he got himself into the same trouble again.

Fair enough, but what trouble is it? No one has been able to come up with a specific law that addresses the circumstances yet.

I have found that I'm always by myself when I'm alone. :thumbsup:

You just made me laugh, Sonny, hahahahaha....

Cute and funny, hehehehehe....

Let me put it like this. I previously thought one of these guys was a Canadian, in a previous thread I created a while back. He's the father of the baby I call "Max". Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Really, Paul?

Well, he had it coming, karma, karma, karma!!!

I think what to take from this is if you meet someone online you better demand a copy of the birth certificate before you get in too deep.

Really, Paul?

Well, he had it coming, karma, karma, karma!!!

Yep, the one in the same, Angie. I fully believe in karma. When I do good for others, good comes back to me ten fold. If I do bad to others, bad comes back to me ten fold. That's why I will make it a point to even go out of my way, if necessary, to help anyone.

I think what to take from this is if you meet someone online you better demand a copy of the birth certificate before you get in too deep.

True that. I have seen girls here who "looked" 18, or older! When asked their age, they definitely were under 18. On the other hand, I have met Filipinas who were over 18, yet looked under 18.

udonthani

seems a bit bizarre to ask a girl by text message to make sure she brings her ID with her when you first meet them, but I've done it plenty of times.

there's a lot of this sort of thing about. I see girls clearly under 16, never mind 18, in cyber cafes chatting to old guy foreigners as well as the their pinoy friends in different chat windows on webcam all the time. It never occurs to these bozos that the girls might be talking their age UP. Because they're old themselves, they just automatically assume that everyone on the internet talks their age DOWN, like they probably are.