Four Americans Arrested For Trafficking

FOREIGNERS BE WARNED: Make sure your girlfriend is of age before you get your ass in a LOT of hot water. One of the below mentioned (accused) names IS a member of this very forum.

gallery_1_99_14752.jpg

The following is on the front page of the Sun-Star this morning:

McNeely, two others found in hotel room with girl, 14, face anti-child abuse charge

AN American boxing promoter who was once arrested and jailed for charges of rape and acts of lasciviousness--charges the court later dismissed--was arrested again yesterday afternoon. Perry McNeely, 66, was arrested by a team from the Investigation and Detective Management Branch of the Cebu City Police Office, who allegedly found him with a 14-year-old girl inside a hotel in Barangay

Lahug at 4:15 p.m. yesterday. Two other Americans identified by Chief Insp.

George Ylanan, who led the team, were also arrested. They are Michael Lopez, 44, who lives in Barangay Linao, Minglanilla, and Andre Breeding, 46, of Talamban, Cebu City.

Ylanan said that Lopez and Breeding were with McNeely inside the room.

Alone Although the suspects were not doing anything to the girl, Ylanan said, McNeely and his two American companions still violated Republic Act 7610 or the Anti-Child Abuse Law.

Section 6, he pointed out, forbids "any person who, not being a relative of a child," from staying "alone with the child inside the room or cubicle of a house, an inn, hotel, motel, pension house, apartelle or other similar establishments, vessel, vehicle or any other hidden or secluded area, under circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to believe that the child is about to be exploited in prostitution and other sexual abuse."

Based on that provision, Ylanan said, the police placed McNeely, Breeding and Lopez under arrest.

Ylanan said the police launched the operation after they received information that an American was found with a minor inside a hotel.

Photos Ylanan's office is working with the Family Juvenile and Gender Sensitivity Section (FJGSS) and the International Justice Mission (IJM) in evaluating the possibility of filing a separate complaint based on Republic Act 9208 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003.

Ylanan told reporters last night that the police found at least 100 photographs of women, some of them nude, stored in McNeely's phone.

One of those photographed was the 14-yearold, he said.

Except for Lopez, McNeely and Breeding refused to comment on the allegation. Lopez, in an interview with reporters at the stockade of the Cebu City Police Office, denied the allegation and accused the police of making up the alleged crime.

Lopez said he and the two other Americans were walking in the hallway after a meal when a group of men, whom he later found out to be police officers, waylaid them.

He claimed they were forced inside a room.

He denied knowing the girl.

Counter-charge He said he was just visiting McNeely in the hotel as they have been friends for the past 10 years.

"It was false. I did not do anything," he said. Lopez said he is planning to file a case against the police for their abusive behavior.

Ylanan, in a separate interview, said Lopez's claims were just alibis.

In 2001, McNeely was charged with rape and acts of lasciviousness, but the court dismissed all these cases.

In September 2003, McNeely, who had been detained at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for more than two years for being an "undesirable alien," left the country.

Ylanan said he will coordinate with the BI to check the details of McNeely's recent return to the country.

Edited by Admin
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• Cipro

• Mailman

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which really fecking sucks because these jackasses would have younger people believe that "youngsters" should RESPECT ALL THEIR ELDERS. I've said it once and I'll say it again. OLD GEEZER CRADLE ROBBE

I don't believe that sexual abuse of children can be compared to speeding. IMHO the US dosn't want to be responsible for exporting "evil" to other counties. This man is truly evil, this isn't the fi

In September 2003, McNeely, who had been detained at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for more than two years for being an "undesirable alien," left the country.

If I am reading this right, he spent 2 years at the BoI jail starting in 2003? Then, when they let him out he left the country only to return again at some point before now? If I am getting that right, how did he get back into the country as he was marked as an "undesirable alien"? Wouldnt that imply he was black listed too?

If these charges are true and McNeely did do as charged a second time, then his ass is grass. But again I say IF. For his sake and the other two guys they better get a good lawyer.

I will be the first to say, always, that I rarely believe much printed by the smut-star newspaper. It's more of a tabloid than a real paper anyway. But, I don't believe they were innocent. Now, there is a lot of corruption in this country. But, does anyone here really believe the police would have forced them into a room with a 14 year old, JUST to be able to file a case against them? Police here don't even like doing traffic reports.

SmokyMtnRon

If I am reading this right, he spent 2 years at the BoI jail starting in 2003? Then, when they let him out he left the country only to return again at some point before now? If I am getting that right, how did he get back into the country as he was marked as an "undesirable alien"? Wouldnt that imply he was black listed too?

I was wondering the same thing Doc :D

But, does anyone here really believe the police would have forced them into a room with a 14 year old, JUST to be able to file a case against them?

Yes I believe it is possible that police would do that, but not just so they could file a report. Possible motives are:

1. Like previous cases in the Philippines, where cops setup foreigners so that they can be blackmailed for money to get out of trouble. According to Robert51, his son had a police officer drop a half smoke joint on the ground near him. Why would the police drop a half smoked joint near a foreigner? So they could fleece them for funds. There was a old white guy who got taken down for shabu at his hotel. The guy made a web site (cant recall the name now though). He got out in the end, but had to spend some time in jail while it got worked out.

2. Like that movie "Mulholland Falls (1996)" where the LA Police would do things like kill people or run them out of town because they were undesirables and it was time to get them off the street before they became a real problem.

The title says that 4 Americans were arrested but I only count 3. Who am I missing?

You left out another possible motive, Doc. Someone really didn't want that softball rematch in April. :D

Edited by Mailman

yes and the old white guy was smoking shabu though wasnt he :D

Just a simple question, how can someone be alone with someone else if there are 4 people in the room? I'm no English major but I think I know what those words mean.

FOREIGNERS BE WARNED: Make sure your girlfriend is of age before you get your ass in a LOT of hot water...

...and get your friends in a lot of hot water too. Avoid being alone with minors like you would avoid the plague. There is a reason they are called jail bait.

and in the U.S. on that statement the case would have been thrown out. Good job Perry Mason

Its either yellow journalism or the facts are being fudged to railroad someone.

Just a simple question, how can someone be alone with someone else if there are 4 people in the room? I'm no English major but I think I know what those words mean.

smokey

isnt one of these guys McNerry own a taxi company and had a beef with his wife <<<<<<< hummmmmm

I have found that I'm always by myself when I'm alone. :D

Exactly

...and get your friends in a lot of hot water too. Avoid being alone with minors like you would avoid the plague. There is a reason they are called jail bait.