Sign in to follow this  
JohnFromTexas

I finally booked a ticket from Manila to Cebu online

JohnFromTexas

I tried to find the thread about purchasing tickets online but couldn't find it... I booked my flight back to manila today and went to the cebu pacific site and noticed the online form on the payment page was different... i tried to book a ticket and... it WORKED!!! First time ever PAL or cebu pacific worked for me. I'll be back in Cebu Jan 14th ;)

Paul

Hey Tex, we have a welcome back party scheduled for you ... on the 13th. :D

Seriously, glad it all worked and, hopefully, people will be able to continue to book online. I know it has been a pain in the ass for many, when trying to book through Cebu Pacific online.

newtocebu

It seems that there has been a complete role reversal with PAL and Cebu Pacific when making online credit card bookings.

Historically, I was never successful with Cebu Pacific

State Trooper

It seems that some who book a ticket with Cebu Pacific with a credit card run into problems when they show up at the ticket counter to check in. I personally know someone who paid for their tickets with a credit card and when they arrived on the day of their flight to check in were told that there was a problem with the booking and payment even though the person had a receipt showing that Cebu Pacific got their payment. You bring your confirmation of payment which is an e-ticket.

After much arguing about the payment they were told that the airlines would refund the ticket price on their credit card but they had to pay cash if they wanted to board the flight. This statement is curious to me because if there was a problem with the payment on the credit card, what is there to refund? Anyway, The person that I know had to pay for their tickets in cash and at a higher fare but never got the money refunded to their credit card. They were basically paying double for the flight.

I have used Cebu Pacific but I always pay them in cash.

Just Google "cebu pacific reviews" or "cebu pacific scam"

Turbota

Just be advised of the very poor exchange rate you will get with Cebu Pacific if you pay online with a non-Filipino credit card.

Case in point: I just booked a flight tonight (round-trip Bacolod to Manila for 2 passengers)

The total cost was 6,167 pesos.

They charged my US issued Mastercard $138

That's an exchange rate of 44.7 pesos to the US dollar

The official exchange rate per Yahoo Finance at the time of the ticket purchase was actually 47.2 pesos to the US dollar

liquido

Thats a good point...So maybe its less aggravation going to a ticket office paying cash even though the published price is cheaper on the internet.The higher ticket office price equals the exchange rate possibly??

Just be advised of the very poor exchange rate you will get with Cebu Pacific if you pay online with a non-Filipino credit card.

Case in point: I just booked a flight tonight (round-trip Bacolod to Manila for 2 passengers)

The total cost was 6,167 pesos.

They charged my US issued Mastercard $138

That's an exchange rate of 44.7 pesos to the US dollar

The official exchange rate per Yahoo Finance at the time of the ticket purchase was actually 47.2 pesos to the US dollar

Turbota

As I stated above, I just purchased a ticket on-line with my US issued Mastercard CC. Well, I thought it worked! ... but in the end, it did not! I never recieved an email with an e-ticket attached.

They never billed my credit card. I called the Cebu Pacific customer service number in Manila. After getting disconnected on the 1st attempt, and then being on hold for at least 25 minutes on the 2nd attempt to call them, they finally told me there was No Record of my reservation. Then I drove down to the local travel agent here in Bacolod and bought the tickets with cash.

CEBU PACIFIC SUCKS ! ! !

Below is a screen print copy of my transaction after entering my credit card info. I called my bank that issued the credit card, and they said Cebu Pacific never contacted them for any payment

CebuPacific.jpg

Edited by Turbota

bret

It seems that there has been a complete role reversal with PAL and Cebu Pacific when making online credit card bookings.

Historically, I was never successful with Cebu Pacific

Turbota

I was just thinking ... We have a discount airlines much the same as Cebu Pacific in the US ... It's called Southwest Airlines.

But, there is a BIG difference between the two:

1. The customer service people at Southwest are easy to get hold of and much more friendly and responsible with helping you.

2. There is never a problem with booking a flight on-line with Southwest.

Just what is it with Cebu Pacific anyway? There so-called "Customer Service" is the absolute worst in the industry, and for some strange reason, they either don't have the brains to fix it, or just don't care!

Edited by Turbota

lost aussie

As I stated above, I just purchased a ticket on-line with my US issued Mastercard CC. Well, I thought it worked! ... but in the end, it did not! I never recieved an email with an e-ticket attached.

They never billed my credit card. I called the Cebu Pacific customer service number in Manila. After getting disconnected on the 1st attempt, and then being on hold for at least 25 minutes on the 2nd attempt to call them, they finally told me there was No Record of my reservation. Then I drove down to the local travel agent here in Bacolod and bought the tickets with cash.

CEBU PACIFIC SUCKS ! ! !

Below is a screen print copy of my transaction after entering my credit card info. I called my bank that issued the credit card, and they said Cebu Pacific never contacted them for any payment

Perhaps the answer is here ,did you complete the transaction???ohmy.gif

post-141-12596705854_thumb.jpg

post-141-125967060913_thumb.jpg

Turbota

Yup ... That was also on the previous page ... Until I clicked "Complete Transaction", it did not ever say "Status Pending".

I was thinking the Status Pending shows up until the bank pays the airline (but in my case, this transaction was never sent o the bank that issued my credit card).

Oh Well ...

bret

I have done the exact same thing on the CebPac online ordering site.

Their site is something left to be desired with their e-commerce site, that is for sure. You would think they could spend a few bucks on having a professional e-commerce experience consultant help them with their crappy site.

They did not really have much "user testing" obviously. They have one extra step for confirmation after they make it appear that you have booked your order with the credit card. What's worse is the way the page is designed, if you do NOT SCROLL down, you would never know that you have not pressed the EXTRA button to confirm charging your card.

Why they have this extra step or put it at the bottom of the page that requires scrolling, is beyond me.

But, a lot of things CebPac does makes you go "hmmmmmm".

You get what you pay for though. I only paid $125 round trip during X-mas to fly from HKG to CDO.

I get low fares on CebPac and have come to "expect" low levels of service from them.