Sign in to follow this  
mangodelight

Exit ticket E-ticket?

mangodelight

There are these E-tickets that seems to be a lot cheaper than real tickets. Your ticket is just a electronic data saved by the airline and you get an receipt(email) that you can print and take with you. And you pay via credit card.

I want to buy the exit ticket too, but what if i have a exit ticket from another airline and i show them my printout receipt. I mean they dont if its real, i could have print a fake receipt of the exit flight. How do they check out if its real? Do they already now it, i mean do they have access to the data of the other airline or do they exchange their data?

i think it will be no problem, but its always better to find out before you loose money and nerve power.

Mailman

A valid E-ticket will be just fine.

Doc Smith

It seems invalid e-tickets are just fine too. The travel agency that booked my ticket was willing to sell me a fake ticket to use as my exit ticket for a small fee.

abw

There are these E-tickets that seems to be a lot cheaper than real tickets. Your ticket is just a electronic data saved by the airline and you get an receipt(email) that you can print and take with you. And you pay via credit card.

I want to buy the exit ticket too, but what if i have a exit ticket from another airline and i show them my printout receipt. I mean they dont if its real, i could have print a fake receipt of the exit flight. How do they check out if its real? Do they already now it, i mean do they have access to the data of the other airline or do they exchange their data?

i think it will be no problem, but its always better to find out before you loose money and nerve power.

Firstly, all airlines use E-tickets these days.

I

Doc Smith
I

Paul

First, to my knowledge, at the immigration counter anyway, I don't believe they can verify the validity of your e-ticket concerning your outbound trip from the Philippines. However, I do not know this to be a fact.

Second, and just for the record, when I entered the country in December of 2006 on my return trip home, I used a valid e-ticket that was scheduled to leave a few months later from Clark to Macau. I think I paid less than $40 USD for that e-ticket, through Tiger Airways. Upon my entry at the airport, the immigration agent barely looked at my e-ticket. Note: I had a valid 9(a) visa in my passport as well.

Third, I do not wish for members to post offering, or accepting illegal advice on this forum. If anyone attempts to use an illegal and invalid e-ticket to enter the country and gets caught, they should be prepared to suffer the consequences. In this country, they will not like being in any jail, for any length of time.

Now, something that people don't tend to think about here, but should probably verify is, for the past couple of years, you may now legally stay in the Philippines longer than one-year. Since you cannot book outbound tickets for longer than one-year, I am under the impression that you don't necessarily have to have an outbound ticket now, or do you? Does anyone know if this is the case? (I do realize that, in the past anyway, some airlines would not let you board their planes to the Philippines, without having first seen an onward ticket from the Philippines.)

mangodelight, I would suggest securing a 9(a) visa prior to leaving your home country on your trip to the Philippines. If your plan is to retire here, I would suggest a single entry 9(a) visa. It will be valid for 90 days from the date of issue, and will allow you to stay in the country for a total of 59 days upon entry into the Philippines. Here is what my 9(a) visa looked like, when purchased in 2006:

9(a)_visa_mod.jpg

Jim Sibbick

Now, something that people don't tend to think about here, but should probably verify is, for the past couple of years, you may now legally stay in the Philippines longer than one-year. Since you cannot book outbound tickets for longer than one-year, I am under the impression that you don't necessarily have to have an outbound ticket now, or do you? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I spent part of Saturday going through every part of the Bureau of immmigration website

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

to make sure this page of my website was up to date

http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

It definitely said that an onward ticket or a return ticket is required for tourists. Try this page

http://www.immigration.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37

and if you are thinking it is on old page, it is not. It has definitely changed in the last 6 months.

By the way one question that is often asked here was answered on the Bureau website

Question

If a visa expires on a weekend and /or holiday when will be the deadline to apply for extension of stay and pay the corresponding fees?

Answer

Effective 17 September 2007, applications for extension of tourist visas as well as payment thereof, shall be made on or before the expiry dates of the alien's lawful stay, otherwise, payments shall include those for penalties and motion for reconsideration. If the expiry date of the alien's lawful stay falls on a Saturday or Sunday or a legal holiday, the application for extension of tourist visa and the full payment thereof shall be made on or before the last business/working day immediately preceding the expiry date of the alien's lawful stay, otherwise, payments shall also include those for penalties and motion for reconsideration. (MCL Memorandum dated 10 September 2007)

The penalty referred to is P500. The motion for consideration is P510

Regards: Jim

JohnFromTexas

All I know is that I just came and went, and I made sure to have a ticket back even tho I didn't know if I'd be using it... and no one ever checked or asked about it. Luckily one way tickets usually cost as much or more than there and back, so there's not really a good reason not to have one back if you're coming from the US. If there's an airline that offers one way significantly less than 2 way, let me know which -- I haven't found it.

udonthani

I think just about all airlines are in the pretty advanced stages of getting rid of the old paper-type tickets, and they're all e-tickets now. Though this time I got an intercontinental budget airline Air Asia, thst has never issued paper tickets throughout it's short history, I flew with Emirates, a 'big' arline, last year with just an e-ticket too. Three years before that, when I flew with the same airline, they issued this bulky paper ticket by snail mail. It won't be long before paper tickets will exist only under the glass display cases of commercial aviation museums, and everyone will wonder how bizarre it was that people really DID used to travel with the cumbersome, bulky things.

David Spicer

All I know is that I just came and went, and I made sure to have a ticket back even tho I didn't know if I'd be using it... and no one ever checked or asked about it. Luckily one way tickets usually cost as much or more than there and back, so there's not really a good reason not to have one back if you're coming from the US. If there's an airline that offers one way significantly less than 2 way, let me know which -- I haven't found it.

If you had a valid onward ticket or a round trip there would be no reason for the airline to ask since this would more than likely reflect in their system. A one way ticket is not half price but it should be significantly lower than a round trip. Try here: http://bt-store.com/

hey joe

That is some interesting and potentially useful information to know. I always have a regular return trip ticket, but I could always to the balikbayan visa route if I needed to.

WorldlyPatriot

Now, something that people don't tend to think about here, but should probably verify is, for the past couple of years, you may now legally stay in the Philippines longer than one-year. Since you cannot book outbound tickets for longer than one-year, I am under the impression that you don't necessarily have to have an outbound ticket now, or do you? Does anyone know if this is the case? (I do realize that, in the past anyway, some airlines would not let you board their planes to the Philippines, without having first seen an onward ticket from the Philippines.)

I can confirm that Northwest Airlines (NWA) in Chicago will NOT allow you to board the plane if you don't have an onward ticket. Furthermore, in NWA's interpretation, the onward ticket must be within 21 days of your arrival. For example, if you're arriving on a 21-day Tourist visa, and your valid outbound ticket is on the 22d day after your arrival, NWA will force you to purchase a very expensive outbound ticket before you can board the aircraft.

This exact scenario happened to me. I purchased an outbound ticket (E-ticket) from Air Asia. It was a very cheap ticket, and I thought it would fit the requirement. Unfortunately, the outbound E-ticket was for the 22d day after my arrival in RP. NWA would not accept it, and I had to purchase an outbound ticket to Japan within the 21-day window. The outbound ticket to Japan was refunded to me about a week later, but I had to waste a day at NWA in Makati to get refunded.

udonthani

n NWA's interpretation, the onward ticket must be within 21 days of your arrival. For example, if you're arriving on a 21-day Tourist visa, and your valid outbound ticket is on the 22d day after your arrival, NWA will force you to purchase a very expensive outbound ticket before you can board

my onward ticket is 4 months in advance, no problems with Air Asia this time or last time. In fact no problems with any of the airlines I've ever used that far in advance (Kuwait, Emirates). I've heard elsewhere that some of the US airlines can be strict.

USMC-Retired

First, to my knowledge, at the immigration counter anyway, I don't believe they can verify the validity of your e-ticket concerning your outbound trip from the Philippines. However, I do not know this to be a fact.

I would not know of anyone that just printed a fake e-ticket and presented it the Airlines and to the immigration and it was never verified. Pretty sure though lets say 100% it can be done.

Edited by USMC-Retired

udonthani

it definitely can be done. There's definitely no shortage of people on the travel forums gloating about how they beat the system and saved themselves twenty or thirty dollars, and not just in Philippines. Plenty of other countries have similar onward ticket requirements. Somehow I bet they're somewhat less likely to boast if and when they get caught and their subterfuge is blown though. The airlines must be aware how easy it is to fake an e-ticket, and if the passenger gets caught with a fake onward ticket at immigration, the airline would I assume be liable for their repatriation, just as they are if they fail to check for any onward ticket at all, fake or not. It's kind of tempting I suppose, but I wouldn't do it.