When The Dollar Rallies, The Market Will Crash

David Spicer

Looks like we're all doomed.

The Public Debt is much lower.

upatnitemikey

good article, thanks for posting. once i thought i could retire, silly me. now i may be able to take a long vacation say four or five months a year perhaps in the pi but i will have to work the rest of the year at some crappy underpaying job to be able to do that. retirement my ass.

Maybe you can get one of those promised "green" jobs. They will need people to clean up thousands of dead birds killed by the wind farms.

Jonie Mitchell surely did write the song.

My favorite singers of it were crosby stills nash and young.No conspiracy.biggrin_01.gif

what...that was jonies song ..always will be.

• 3 months later...

"Everyone who watches the market has noticed the inverse correlation of stocks to the dollar. When the dollar fades, stocks soar. And when the dollar strengthens, stocks plunge. Eventually, the dollar will reverse-course and stage a comeback, probably when Bernanke stops his printing operations. That will trigger the next severe correction which will burst bubbles across all asset classes."

Pretty obvious if you ask me. Well the dollar has gone up but we are still here, lol. How these guys get paid for writing such drivel is beyond me. Soar, plunge, severe, burst I suppose is better than go up or down a little bit!

JohnFromTexas

The dollar has gone up, but still only to pre-recession lows. It has not gone up to levels it has achieved before the last few years. If you remember even before the great recession, the dollar was already very low. What will bring it up? Raised interest rates and a growing economy. They just raised the discount rate the other day a quarter percent, although they have promised to keep interest rates for general consumers where they are now throughout most or all of 2010. Once the interest rates really go up, you'll see the dollar make much larger gains. The economy growing will not only increase dollar strength, but will promote further interest rate hikes by the fed.

Bernanke ain't going to stop printing money until the federal government does. So don't expect it for at least another year when the november elections make it impossible for the democrats to put through any budget they want. The only problem is whether people will really stand behind the kind of budget cuts that need to be made to get the deficits down to a reasonable level. I hope the public and congress for once don't go solely for their short term gain at the expense of the long term detriment of the country. We're only 5-10 years away from being Greece at the current rate, and if people don't like cuts now they are REALLY not going to like what has to be done once we are in that situation. Not to mention all this government borrowing is using up credit that could be extended to companies to help spur the economy. It's a no win situation when the spending is out of control like it is now.

Jess Bartone

I remember when my son was about 5, he said "Dad, can we (insert item of interest for 5yo's)?".

I thought I was being clever when I replied "no Jake, I haven't got any money", but his immediate come back was

"well just go to the bank and get some more".

"but Jake, you have to have money in the bank to take it out...................."

We should be able to feel confident that our bankers/leaders would not run our lives on a 5 yo's logic... shouldn't we?

JohnFromTexas

I don't blame the poliicians... I blame the people. First of all, you get who you vote for. And politicians are generally responsive to the voters when they fear for their reelection -- if they fear that they are going to get voted out if they don't do what they should, they generally shape up. If they think they can get by without repurcussions, they usually will do what they want. If they act like 5 year olds and we don't vote them out, we get what we deserve. A lot of people could have told you that the current situation we're in fiscally was going to happen with the people that were elected. I think in the long run it could end up being a positive though, as those who replace the people who are about to get kicked out of office know it will be them next election cycle unless they get finances in control. It's crazy that only the moderate wing of those in power seem to be worried about what's coming in the elections and the rest are just acting like they can keep going at what they're doing and it's not going to be a problem.

Edited by Tex

Tex, I was thinking that "We're only 5-10 years away from being" 14th Century feudal serfs.

I'm sure the dollar will rise gradually this year to much better levels, I certainly hope so since I make my money in the USA.

JohnFromTexas

Don't fool yourself... even the american poor live better than most filipinos. That being said, there are a lot of people a lot poorer than they used to be.

I trade for a living. As long as the dollar moves, I am happy. Up or down, I don't care. Have to say to any Germans on the site. I LOVE U AND YOUR DAX.

Jess Bartone

I don't blame the poliicians... I blame the people. First of all, you get who you vote for. And politicians are generally responsive to the voters when they fear for their reelection -- if they fear that they are going to get voted out if they don't do what they should, they generally shape up. If they think they can get by without repurcussions, they usually will do what they want. If they act like 5 year olds and we don't vote them out, we get what we deserve. A lot of people could have told you that the current situation we're in fiscally was going to happen with the people that were elected. I think in the long run it could end up being a positive though, as those who replace the people who are about to get kicked out of office know it will be them next election cycle unless they get finances in control. It's crazy that only the moderate wing of those in power seem to be worried about what's coming in the elections and the rest are just acting like they can keep going at what they're doing and it's not going to be a problem.

All due respect Tex, but if you really believe this, you're out of touch. Elections are about personalities and egos, nothing else, the real players prefer their anonymity.