Filipino Caregiver For Usa

I'm interested in sponsoring a caregiver from the Philippines to take care of my father in the United States. Does anyone have any information they can provide to help point me in the right direction?

The Mason

Good luck with getting a work visa for a caregiver. There are quotas on how many work visas are issued each year and in the stated order of preference, caregivers fall pretty far down the list.

You can read the State Dept. overview of work visas at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1323.html

smokey

you would have to go thru an agency and of course it would cost you ... i would think at least as much as hiring a local.. This is one of the many many many ways people over the years have tried to go around the K-1 K-3 visa...

Got the PM..thanks.

My father is 92 and has taken ill. Had a major operation and seems to be pulling through well. At his age we know he probably won't last too much longer, but if he does get strong enough to leave the hospital we wanted an experienced Filipina Caregiver to take care of him at his house. This way his remaining days will be at home and pleasant as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I PM'd you Rob

Hello. I would like to hire a person I've known for 3 years and met in Cebu to care for my mother in the US. Trust is important so I don't want to hire a stranger. Would you please give me helpful information about how I could my friend?

Hiro

Well, we ended up hiring a nice lady in the town my Dad lives in. We're paying her $9 an hour but at least my Dad likes her cooking enough to eat more. Hopefully, he will get stronger and recover sooner.

Thanks for the help.

Well, we ended up hiring a nice lady in the town my Dad lives in ..... We're paying her $9 an hour

And to think, a Filipina caregiver over here in the PI would cost you 250 pesos ($5.32) per day

Well the lady we hired isn't a care giver, she is merely a helper that has experience working with the elderly. The caregiver companies in the US were charging $15-$18 per hour.