Sign in to follow this  
hydro

Cebu To Boracay

hydro

I have booked a room at the Oro Beach resort on Boracay for the 29th to 31st of December 2009 and need to arrange a return flight from Cebu.

What airlines fly to Boracay? I understand that that the closest airport is accross the channel from the island.

joemama

Please dont quote me, but when I tried to book a flight there for the middle of dec, I found out the caticlan airport is closed due to extending the runway....I was unable to book a flight on PAL or the always late Cebu Pacific, so I gave up the idea. There is an airport on the other side of caticlan maybe 1-2 hours away by bus, but i dont know the name or who flies there. there is always a boat that goes to bora i assume, but I am sure there are people here that knows more than me on the subject. good luck!

David Spicer

Please dont quote me, but when I tried to book a flight there for the middle of dec, I found out the caticlan airport is closed due to extending the runway....I was unable to book a flight on PAL or the always late Cebu Pacific, so I gave up the idea. There is an airport on the other side of caticlan maybe 1-2 hours away by bus, but i dont know the name or who flies there. there is always a boat that goes to bora i assume, but I am sure there are people here that knows more than me on the subject. good luck!

Kalibo. A v-hire is P100 or so per person to Cataclan, about 1.5 hours.

hydro

I had heard that the airport was being upgraded. I don't fancy a 1.5 hour ride in a small bus at Christmas time so i might give it a miss.

With the airport upgrade will this allow international flights? We travel from Sydney to Singaporte and then onto Cebu. It would be great to go from Singapore to Caticlan direct.

udonthani

seems a bit dumb to close the airport smack bang in the middle of the second busiest time of the year, but of course anything is possible in the Philippines. I'd avoid Boracay at Christmas/New Year and during Holy Week anyway, far too busy, also the prices, not that cheap anyway, will go through the roof.

if Caticlan airport is closed Zest Air have a direct flight to Kalibo from Cebu from where you take an easy bus to Caticlan, so no problems getting there.

musicman666

apparently that trip across the island is a real bone shaker.

Edited by musicman666