Sign in to follow this  
Willie

"tabo"

Willie

I've seen references to "tabo"in a couple of posts this week, but can't figure out what it is or means. Like someone said it was good to eat with durian for either constipation or diaharia, but someone else said NEVER EAT THIS FOR THAT! Another post said it's always in the bathroom. So what is tabo?

Angie

I've seen references to "tabo"in a couple of posts this week, but can't figure out what it is or means. Like someone said it was good to eat with durian for either constipation or diaharia, but someone else said NEVER EAT THIS FOR THAT! Another post said it's always in the bathroom. So what is tabo?

Tabo as explained by Hoz is a Tagalog word which means dipper but the act of washing is simply "hugas". In Cebuano, we call it "kabû"

Tábù in Cebuano has more than one meaning depending on its usage.

(Pronunciation = stress on the first syllable, glottal stop on the last vowel.)

Tabu = verb, means to meet someone.

Ex. Ako'ng tabu-on si Paul sa Tabunok.

I will meet Paul in Tabunok

= meet each other on the way, same meaning as the word "tagbu"

Ex. Nagtagbu sila si Paul ug Bob sa karsada gabii.

Paul and Bob met each other on the way (home or somewhere) last night.

= verb, converge at a place for market

Ex. Magtabu sila kada Sabado sa Barili. They converge for market in Barili every Saturday.

= noun, periodical converging to hold market

Ex. Naa'y tabu sa Barili kada Sabado. There's market in Barili every Saturday.

= noun, with the suffix "an" a place where periodical market is held

Ex. Moadto ko sa tabuan sa Barili ugma. I will go to the market in Barili tomorrow.

I should have posted this under Filipino Languages.

Edited by Angie

HTM

Tabo as explained by Hoz is a Tagalog word which means dipper but the act of washing is simply "hugas". In Cebuano, we call it "kab

Angie

No No! :-)

Tabu = a manual bidet

LOL

Harry

Yuck!!!! Hehehehehe....

Tabo is just a dipper. Its use is not only limited to washing yourself after moving your bowel. It just happens to be stationed in the bathroom for that purpose but you can also use that with other things. You can use the kabu (in Cebuano) in bathing, this is for those who don't have a shower fixed in their bathrooms.

Edited by Angie

Willie

Now I know! Thanks Folks ;)

Cary

Likewisetongue.gif

Now I know! Thanks Folks thats-funny.gif