Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

Taxis After Arriving At Domestic Air Terminal

udonthani

I just realised that although I have arrived at the domestic terminal in Manila twice before, I was met by somebody each time with a car and never took a taxi out of there, though I've got taxis to the domestic terminal and I know roughly what the fare is from Makati (if memory serves, not a right lot, about the 100-150 mark). I'm getting off a Zest Air plane at about 10pm.

so does anyone know what kind of system do they have there. Voucher/coupon, meter, or what?

newtocebu

I am assuming that you are arriving into Terminal 3 ? If so..

Immediately outside the arrivals area, there are two separate bays for both the yellow airport metered taxi's ( with the higher flag fall and per km / min rates ) and the regular metered taxi's. The bays are about 30-40 metres apart and are well signposted.

Typically, the regular metered taxi

udonthani

no not Terminal 3, or the Ninoy Aquino airport, my understanding is that the Zest Air flight from Clark arrives at the Domestic terminal which is about 2km away from the bigger airport.

T.S.

I think that is the one that Cebu Pacific used before Terminal 3. There was just a line of white metered taxis last time I was there a couple years ago. Somebody wrote the taxi number on a piece of paper and gave it to me before getting inside. The paper said something about the driver being required to use the meter, but the driver still tried to rip me off.

David Spicer

I just realised that although I have arrived at the domestic terminal in Manila twice before, I was met by somebody each time with a car and never took a taxi out of there, though I've got taxis to the domestic terminal and I know roughly what the fare is from Makati (if memory serves, not a right lot, about the 100-150 mark). I'm getting off a Zest Air plane at about 10pm.

so does anyone know what kind of system do they have there. Voucher/coupon, meter, or what?

A pretty good plan is to go to the departure area and grab a taxi that is dropping someone off. They're normally glad to have a fare and will not try to fight about the meter.

Cary

Insist that the taxi driver turns on the meter. If he doesn't then get another taxi. I got ripped off the first time I went to Manila and thats because I didn't know about the meter.