Processing A Non-immigrant 9(a) Visa For Visiting The Philippines

I tried for 12 month 9A visa in Kuala Lumpur but the embassy staff flatly denied that such a thing exists. When persisted to explain (politely) that yes there is a 12 month multi entry 9A visas he finally acknowledged yes it does exist but gave some flimsy excuse about it can only be issued in Manila and hence I cannot have it. A**hole.

Also be aware that different embassies have differing requirements to get a 9A visa. For example embassy in Kuala Lumpur requires an invitation letter from a filipino as part of the documentation. The embassy I got my 9A from wanted a copy of my bank statement. I am sure some other embassy might require something else. In my opinion 9A visa is not worth the hassle. When my current one (12 month multi entry) expires i don't plan to get another one.

seaman

Yeah I had to give a bank statement, well I just gave them a credit card statement of a card that had nothing on it and blanked out the numbers.

I'm going to get the 1 year in Thailand from what I read it sounds easy enough.

• 1 month later...
sheffieldmel

i have applied for a visa to stay for a month and now wish i had just left it till i got there and got the extension in Manila or Cebu ok i must have not read the application through i assumed they signed the consular part when they recieved it but they phoned me to say they need a notary public figure to sign it just phoned a solicitor in sheffield and he wants £70 to do it. The best option now could be to ask for my passport back and go to immigration during my stay

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Thanks for this info. Anyone have insight on the retirement visas?

The retirement visas are probably the easiest and most streamlined to obtain (apart from 13a) IMO. But maybe it deserves its own thread??

They have a special office and the people working there are very friendly and surprisingly competent. They even help you with other government agencies.

The website says it all. www.pra.gov.ph

I look extensively into it, met with them and almost pulled the trigger. Im just a bit too young for it to make sense for me. And since Im married to a Filipina the 13a is far less expensive in the long run, doesn't require me to loan the government money and if I ever decide to cancel my visa, I don't need to chase after someone to get my money back.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

i have applied for a visa to stay for a month and now wish i had just left it till i got there and got the extension in Manila or Cebu ok i must have not read the application through i assumed they signed the consular part when they recieved it but they phoned me to say they need a notary public figure to sign it just phoned a solicitor in sheffield and he wants £70 to do it. The best option now could be to ask for my passport back and go to immigration during my stay

Save your £70 for visa extensions. No need to get a visa up front.

• 2 weeks later...
SkyMan
In my opinion 9A visa is not worth the hassle.
I'm surprised at the troubles you and some others have had with the 9A. I got a coupl e of them mailing my passport/visa app/and a few other docs to the Chicago Embassy and had no problems. I know I saved time and money doing that before the trips.

I know nothing I had sent in required a notary for example.

Edited by SkyMan