Sign in to follow this  
liquido

BEWARE: Yellow Airport Taxi's

liquido

My friend just told me he took one of those airport (fast meter) yellow taxi's from the airport to the Diplomat Hotel..He said he shit when the meter price was 265p...Frickin ripoff bastards..I told him next time to take one of the white city taxi's that pull up right behind the yellow ones that park on a diagnal.I just took a metered white taxi from the airport to my place here in mactan on friday and payed the normal meter price..

Cary

I agree with you about the yellw taxi at the airport. The first time I came to Manila in 2004 to meet my wife, I took a yellow taxi from the aiport to her mother's house. Long story short, the taxi drove me around in circles for over 30 mins. before he finally dropped me at the house and over charged me as well. Since then, every time I go to the Philippines I am now met by my lovely wife and family. So if at all possible have your friends and family meet you at the airport.

DeezNuz

I took the Yellow Taxi before and it wasn't that bad. I was going to Panagdait and think it was in the realm of P150. A normal white taxi would of been just a bit less.

I myself wouldn't mind paying a hire price with as many times the white taxis tried to rip me off going to/from the airport. Especially since the Yellow taxi's are nice, clean, newer models and the drivers drive a bit more safe.

kc8ual

The Yellow taxi has a higher initial meter when it is first turned on. I believe its like 3 or 4 times that of a standard cab and the per kilo rate is more then 3 times the rate. They do this because the yellow taxis only go from the airport out and are not allowed to bring return trips. They are also employees and not leases so the drivers get paid a set rate if I am not mistaken. Just take the regular white taxis because they don't want to leave the airport empty.

-Nick

Chaz

My friend just told me he took one of those airport (fast meter) yellow taxi's from the airport to the Diplomat Hotel..He said he shit when the meter price was 265p...Frickin ripoff bastards..I told him next time to take one of the white city taxi's that pull up right behind the yellow ones that park on a diagnal.I just took a metered white taxi from the airport to my place here in mactan on friday and payed the normal meter price..

As far as I understand it the white taxi's are only allowed to drop off passengers at the departures section of

the airport, to the left of the yellow taxi rank. In theory they arnt supposed to pickup passengers after dropping

people off, but I believe you can get away with that if you ask the driver after he has offloaded his passengers

at departures, but I'm not sure how long it will be before the guards stop that.

Edited by Chaz

Bob Ward

As far as I understand it the white taxi's are only allowed to drop off passengers at the departures section of

the airport, to the left of the yellow taxi rank. In theory they arnt supposed to pickup passengers after dropping

people off, but I believe you can get away with that if you ask the driver after he has offloaded his passengers

at departures, but I'm not sure how long it will be before the guards stop that.

If that were the case, I'd hire the yellow piece of shit to take me just outside the gate or just to the main road. Get out and get a regular taxi. Boy that would piss them off!

spooks

If that were the case, I'd hire the yellow piece of shit to take me just outside the gate or just to the main road. Get out and get a regular taxi. Boy that would piss them off!

Manila you cannot get a white taxi as they are not accredited.

pointless getting a yellow one out at such a high initial boarding fee and transferring to a white cab for its initial fee, you be saving centavos not pesos.

I find the yellow taxis cleaner, safer and more secure than the white ones, the vehicles are maintained etc.

for the short medium trip yellow is ok value longer trips and may be questionable.

Yellow is mellow lol

Mike

liquido

The white taxi's were parked diagonally sitting there waiting behind the yellow taxi's..when i walked up to the white taxi the guard gave me that little slip of paper that you get if there was a complaint..so i guess its not an issue...piss on them yellow taxi's...

smokey

Manila you cannot get a white taxi as they are not accredited.

pointless getting a yellow one out at such a high initial boarding fee and transferring to a white cab for its initial fee, you be saving centavos not pesos.

I find the yellow taxis cleaner, safer and more secure than the white ones, the vehicles are maintained etc.

for the short medium trip yellow is ok value longer trips and may be questionable.

Yellow is mellow lol

Mike

the yellow are nicer to ride in ... bottom line is we have no say only a choice to take what is offered or find another way ..

DeezNuz

Yes you do have a choice...you can take a much safer, accredited and nicer Yellow Taxi. Or get a serviced car.

Anyways...aren't we only talking about a couple dollars here? How cheap does someone want to be?

smokey

Yes you do have a choice...you can take a much safer, accredited and nicer Yellow Taxi. Or get a serviced car.

Anyways...aren't we only talking about a couple dollars here? How cheap does someone want to be?

i use the yellow cab which is cheaper then the private cars they usually offered .. if you want to play you have to pay... look at the locals we are helping with a decent wage..

Bob Ward

It's not about a buck or two. It's about the rich here getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The officials in all their wisdom and greed have decided that one taxi company owns the airport routes, with a little payola I'm sure. It's simply status quo! Never said I would save money by boycotting the yellows, just a simple rebellion against the powers that be owning the rights to rape and pillage!

DeezNuz

Dude...when I'm finished with a flight. The last thing I want to do is worry about spending a dollar or two more for transportation to my house or hotel. I could care less who's getting richer/poorer off of me.

You want to rebel...lets start our own Airport Van service with half-naked bikini girls as the drivers.