My friend Glen passed away recently...

I have a heavy heart this morning because I just learned that Glen, my friend, has passed away.

While I doubt anyone on the forums new him personally, I did. But, some of you will know of him because he was the father of Mai-Mai. If you recall, those who were members early in April learned of my accident where "I hit a little girl" (click the link to read the thread).

Back then, I went against what others personally advised me to do, like, "Get a signed release from the family" and "Be cautious, because Filipinos will try to get tons of money out of you". Not all people are like that, folks. Not all of any race of people are bad, or crooks. I simply dealt with the family as I would anywhere in this country, and it worked out fine for me, as it usually does for me. People tend to be too negative when dealing with others during a crisis. Anyway, all we got past the accident, especially Mai-Mai. If you click on the following link, you will see where Mai-Mai and her friends and family had a great birthday party just 14 days after our accident: Mai-Mai's Birthday Party

One positive thing happened as a result of the accident. Glen, his wife Evelyn (NN), and their entire family became my friends. I later learned of Glen having a good foreigner boss who paid for medications he (Glen) had desperately needed due to having a heart problem. In fact, I was always concerned about that for him, because Glen was about my age and I wasn't sure how bad his condition really was. I stressed for him to always take his medications as needed, though.

Well, perhaps his heart condition was worse than even I thought. Glen died from a heart attack two days ago. Now, he has left a widow and five young kids, the oldest being about 14 years old.

Please keep Glen and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I have a heavy heart this morning because I just learned that Glen, my friend, has passed away.

While I doubt anyone on the forums new him personally, I did. But, some of you will know of him because he was the father of Mai-Mai. If you recall, those who were members early in April learned of my accident where "I hit a little girl" (click the link to read the thread).

Back then, I went against what others personally advised me to do, like, "Get a signed release from the family" and "Be cautious, because Filipinos will try to get tons of money out of you". Not all people are like that, folks. Not all of any race of people are bad, or crooks. I simply dealt with the family as I would anywhere in this country, and it worked out fine for me, as it usually does for me. People tend to be too negative when dealing with others during a crisis. Anyway, all we got past the accident, especially Mai-Mai. If you click on the following link, you will see where Mai-Mai and her friends and family had a great birthday party just 14 days after our accident: Mai-Mai's Birthday Party

One positive thing happened as a result of the accident. Glen, his wife Evelyn (NN), and their entire family became my friends. I later learned of Glen having a good foreigner boss who paid for medications he (Glen) had desperately needed due to having a heart problem. In fact, I was always concerned about that for him, because Glen was about my age and I wasn't sure how bad his condition really was. I stressed for him to always take his medications as needed, though.

Well, perhaps his heart condition was worse than even I thought. Glen died from a heart attack two days ago. Now, he has left a widow and five young kids, the oldest being about 14 years old.

Please keep Glen and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear that Paul, he sounded like a nice guy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

I empathized to his widow and children....my prayers goes to them. May they have the strength to face this new chapter in their lives.