U.S. Dollar down P46.57

The estimated population of the United States is 307,065,942

so each citizen's share of this debt is $38,852.32.

I paid off my share of that debt last year with a little left over, I guess I can stop now?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Effervescent

• JohnFromTexas

• GoneAsiatic

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

isnt it what the peso buys that matters? Ok i remember when i bought a brand new VW in the us it cost me US 1,700 but of course i only earned US 1,75 an hour .. the exchange rate only matters on what

Posted Images

Effervescent

I don't see why everyone is acting so surprised, we (Scianna54, a few others, and myself) predicted all this months ago. We had our critics then, but I doubt we'd have as many now. Check out our past threads and everything that is happening should be no shocker and if you followed our advice you are sitting pretty. If you didn't then you still have time to salvage what you can.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?showtopic=10899&st=0

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11533&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Quite a few other threads where we hashed it out and gave our thoughts, predictions and fought off the critics if you care to search.

smokey

My first trip to the Philippines it was 27P to the dollar.My last trip out of the Philippines it was 56P to the dollar.I talked to folks there who remember when it was 8P to the dollar.So 46.57P is still real good to me.

isnt it what the peso buys that matters? Ok i remember when i bought a brand new VW in the us it cost me US 1,700 but of course i only earned US 1,75 an hour .. the exchange rate only matters on what the peso will buy not on the number of them received ...

• Like 1
Effervescent

Exactly right Robert. So few understand inflation.

The US dollar is finished as the world reserve. It has already been decided, just the public doesn't know it. The US dollar will continue its slide as we predicted months ago and all commodities will continue to rise. The DJ didn't make any amazing recovery. All you have to do is factor in inflation and you see the DJIA hasn't gained any significant amount. The inflation from the 2 trillion that was pumped in is hitting. The US dollar has lost huge amounts to every other currency of significance and the plan is to continue this. There is no way out now. It is not possible for the US to pay the debt, and they can't default on it yet either. That leaves only the printing press and the continued mass devaluation of the US dollar. The other countries know this, they have already written off the US debt as non-recoverable. China who has the single largest share of the debt is leading the charge to end its reserve status, so don't think for a second that they are trying to save it. 2018 is the official last day for the US dollar as reserve, but it is almost impossible at this point for it to last even that long. This is a currency that has lost 40% of its value in 6 years and next year another 1 trillion deficit is already projected to be printed by the presses and most predict that to be far from what the actual will be.

Article detailing the ongoing meetings where they already decided that 2018 will be the deadline for oil to be traded in US dollars:

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2009/gb2009106_736291.htm

>>>>>>"clean coal" (not yet a reality). The US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission said America may not need any new coal or nuclear plants "ever" again.

I am not qualified to judge where gas excitement crosses into hyperbole. I pass on the story because the claims of BP and Statoil are so extraordinary that we may need to rewrite the geo-strategy textbooks for the next half century.

Sorry, I only noticed this article today. Very interesting indeed! If America could reduce it's energy deficit, that would have a huge impact on its currency.

PS. If you quote an article line for line, then it's a good idea to quote the source :lol:

I'm an Optimist.Inflation is of course very easy to understand.I guess I just don't complain about the peso being 46.57 when it could be 40 or lower.46.57P is 46.57.If it was 40P I still would not need to complain or worry,I would make the necessary adjustments.

isnt it what the peso buys that matters? Ok i remember when i bought a brand new VW in the us it cost me US 1,700 but of course i only earned US 1,75 an hour .. the exchange rate only matters on what the peso will buy not on the number of them received ...

Edited by ayala
GoneAsiatic

Exactly right Robert. So few understand inflation.

The US dollar is finished as the world reserve. It has already been decided, just the public doesn't know it. The US dollar will continue its slide as we predicted months ago and all commodities will continue to rise. The DJ didn't make any amazing recovery. All you have to do is factor in inflation and you see the DJIA hasn't gained any significant amount. The inflation from the 2 trillion that was pumped in is hitting. The US dollar has lost huge amounts to every other currency of significance and the plan is to continue this. There is no way out now. It is not possible for the US to pay the debt, and they can't default on it yet either. That leaves only the printing press and the continued mass devaluation of the US dollar. The other countries know this, they have already written off the US debt as non-recoverable. China who has the single largest share of the debt is leading the charge to end its reserve status, so don't think for a second that they are trying to save it. 2018 is the official last day for the US dollar as reserve, but it is almost impossible at this point for it to last even that long. This is a currency that has lost 40% of its value in 6 years and next year another 1 trillion deficit is already projected to be printed by the presses and most predict that to be far from what the actual will be.

Article detailing the ongoing meetings where they already decided that 2018 will be the deadline for oil to be traded in US dollars:

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2009/gb2009106_736291.htm

I have no idea what will happen that far out in 2018, and any economic decision based on today's volatile markets will be a matter of conjecture. It is certainly possible and even quite likely, but nobody knows what will happen between now and then. What struck me as odd about that article was its obvious bias. Its source was a British newspaper that claimed that China suspects that the U.S. persuaded the UK to renounce adopting the euro. I don't know how the author knows what the Chinese think because they are notoriously circumspect about their international dealings. There are some obvious reasons why Britain would retain the GBP, including its love-hate relationship with the EU, not to mention that the U.S. would hardly be able to influence the UK in an internal issue such as this.

The article shows further bias in faulty logic by not substantiating a causal relationship between U.S. involvement in Iraq war, and Saddam Hussein's reported refusal of the USD. It makes no mention of Hussein

Effervescent

I have no idea what will happen that far out in 2018, and any economic decision based on today's volatile markets will be a matter of conjecture. It is certainly possible and even quite likely, but nobody knows what will happen between now and then. What struck me as odd about that article was its obvious bias. Its source was a British newspaper that claimed that China suspects that the U.S. persuaded the UK to renounce adopting the euro. I don't know how the author knows what the Chinese think because they are notoriously circumspect about their international dealings. There are some obvious reasons why Britain would retain the GBP, including its love-hate relationship with the EU, not to mention that the U.S. would hardly be able to influence the UK in an internal issue such as this.

The article shows further bias in faulty logic by not substantiating a causal relationship between U.S. involvement in Iraq war, and Saddam Hussein's reported refusal of the USD. It makes no mention of Hussein

From todays Washngton Post

......"The U.S. dollar is headed for also-ran status, and it will continue to lose its value against many other currencies and assets," Miller Tabak equity strategist Peter Boockvar said. "The rest of the world wants the U.S. dollar to lose influence, but no one wants it to be abrupt, as it's in no one's interest. An evolutionary process is what is wanted."

The question is: When will that happen?" .........

Read the full article here good read:

http://www.washingto...9100700072.html

Sounds like an idiot saying some stupid shit about something he knows almost nothing about. Why do peole believe those idiots? The dollor's value could go up or down. It has nothing to do with what a stupid idiot thinks. I'm sure you heard the saying, opions are like ass holes, everyone has one.

GoneAsiatic

Efffervescent, as usual you are avoiding the question and using the ploy that if you throw enough crap on the wall, some of it will stick. You have still not answered the question as to why you claim: "The DJ didn't make any amazing recovery" . How can you say that when U.S. markets have increased 23% in the first three quarters, and that includes losses sustained during the March lows? Additionally, the third quarter alone saw an increase of 15%. http://news.morningstar.com/quarterendnet/CoverPage.aspx?docid=308074&msection=QEList1

The S&P 500 index rose 52% since March 9, and that makes it the best rally since the Great Depression. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a_XpcU5pY0f4

If you want to answer that disrcepancy, and that discrepancy alone, in your dismissive statement of the U.S. stock market recovery, then go ahead. Otherwise please don't bore me with unrelated, and condescending rants. If I made money in the U.S. markets and you did not have the foresight to do so, then suck it up.

Edited by GoneAsiatic
Effervescent

Efffervescent, as usual you are avoiding the question and using the ploy that if you throw enough crap on the wall, some of it will stick. You have still not answered the question as to why you claim: "The DJ didn't make any amazing recovery" . How can you say that when U.S. markets have increased 23% in the first three quarters, and that includes losses sustained during the March lows? Additionally, the third quarter alone saw an increase of 15%. http://news.morningstar.com/quarterendnet/CoverPage.aspx?docid=308074&msection=QEList1

If you want to answer that disrcepancy, and that discrepancy alone, in your dismissive statement of the U.S. stock market recovery, then go ahead. Otherwise please don't bore me with unrelated rants.

Asiatic you're the one bringing up the Iraq war and uncertain, unpredictable timelines and all this other crap. Try not to embarrass yourself any further. The numbers are right there. You don't know what you are talking about. Me and others have made this prediction months ago and we are right so far. Here are the numbers.

http://www.chartingstocks.net/2009/03/dowgold-ratio-hits-7-a-new-multi-decade-low/

You are straight out wrong. Period. You have not factored inflation and gains in commodities. Commodities like gold have out performed the Dow Jones. Period. It is not debatable. The US Currency index is now at 76. If you are unable to understand how this factors into the price of stocks you need to stop talking. You don't know enough to continue this conversation. If you follow the charts you see that factoring in the rise in commodities and inflation the Dow has actually not gained anything and has been losing value for 2 years straight against everything else. You are the one throwing useless crap like the war and China buying oil and I told you to knock it off. Now take your own advise and drop the hypocrisy. Here is the chart for the hang seng IN HK DOLLARS.

http://www.advfn.com/hkex/HangSengCharts.asp?index=HSI.X

Now factor in it's gain of 12000 points and the increase in value of the HK dollar and you have a real gain, unlike the DJ. Now do the same with the Shanghai composite or any other Asian exchange that you care to choose and see what a real recovery is. These are hard numbers and they are fact, you were in the wrong market. Period. Now stop criticizing and making personal attacks when it is plain as day that the DJ is being outperformed even by people who just bought gold and silver, nevermind the rallies in the Asian currencies and stocks that have both outperformed the US dollar(obviously) and the DJ.

GoneAsiatic

No, you are wrong! You don't know that I am invested in commodities, base metals, precious metals, Ag, and many other stocks that give protection against inflation and/or a declining dollar, and did so during the March and April lows.

I did not think you would be man enough to admit your error, because you have never done so in the past. Consequently, I have lost all respect for you and am placing you on ignore. You can make as many foolish posts as you want, and as you have been doing, but just don't expect me to read them.

Effervescent

I answered your question exactly. That is exactly why the DJ has not made an amazing recovery. I gave you multiple sets of numbers proving this. I am open to any other set of numbers proving this otherwise. Stocks gave some protection, but as you can see on the charts provided in fact metals out performed the average stock on the US exchanges. The gains on the Asian exchanges far exceeded the US exchanges and were a much better hedge against loss.

I never stated what you were invested in. You always pull this and try to make it about your own personal investments. You always say don't bore me with some side crap but then you unload a pile yourself about the war or some other moral issue to distract from the point. The question is 100% answered. It is you who should be admitting that the question is completely answered and my data provided by the exchanges shows it.

I don't care what you are invested in, but I don't think you should be misleading and luring other investors into false gains. You are invested in commodities yourself but push the DJ to others as a recovery that is gaining. I don't care if you don't respect me. I'm going to tell you the truth even if it means you hate me. I provide the data and opinions for people looking to preserve wealth. The data there stands as fact. It is your error, but you choose to elude that and run for the ignore to escape. I have made multiple predictions before on these forums and anyone could call me out on any of them.

I stand by my original point that I see no valid reasons for investment within the US and that the US financial system is still in a much greater degree of distress compared to almost any other market, and especially compared to the Asian markets. I continue to see a slide in the dollar index for the US $ in the coming months and the continued rise of gold against the US $, but I'm open to seeing any data showing otherwise.

Effervescent

Sounds like an idiot saying some stupid shit about something he knows almost nothing about. Why do peole believe those idiots? The dollor's value could go up or down. It has nothing to do with what a stupid idiot thinks. I'm sure you heard the saying, opions are like ass holes, everyone has one.

It's difficult to call them all idiots. The story of the 2018 end to the US$ reserve currency is an attack on the dollar, although I think it should be scrutinized. It is important to look at the source though, and the source was Robert Fisk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk

He is a well respected journalist who holds more journalism awards than any other foreign correspondent with 30 years experience in the middle east including covering the Gulf war. Anyone can be wrong or even just straight out lie, but that does seem to be something he has ever done before. I would personally not see him as an idiot at least.

It's difficult to call them all idiots. The story of the 2018 end to the US$ reserve currency is an attack on the dollar, although I think it should be scrutinized. It is important to look at the source though, and the source was Robert Fisk.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Robert_Fisk

He is a well respected journalist who holds more journalism awards than any other foreign correspondent with 30 years experience in the middle east including covering the Gulf war. Anyone can be wrong or even just straight out lie, but that does seem to be something he has ever done before. I would personally not see him as an idiot at least.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I just know I don't like to hear people making predictions because almost every prediction is wrong, even weather predictions. People have neen predicting the end of the world for about 6,000 years and I can look outside and tell you what the weather will be today better than any weather forcaster can. And, if predictions are accurate, everyone could be rich by playing the stock market. Only God can predict the furture. End of story.