Salvacion, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur.

Benjamin22

I have never been.

So I wondered if I may impinge on the good graces of any reader with knowledge about this area.

Perhaps, hoping to know about barangay level (salvacion) is too optimisitc, so thoughts about Bayugan helpful too.

I guess jackpot would be thoughts from someone living there and male and mid thirties/early forties.

But I ll try to decipher cultural references about the place from those in the 20s and 50 plus age range too.

Most good !

TA

State Trooper

I have never been.

So I wondered if I may impinge on the good graces of any reader with knowledge about this area.

Perhaps, hoping to know about barangay level (salvacion) is too optimisitc, so thoughts about Bayugan helpful too.

I guess jackpot would be thoughts from someone living there and male and mid thirties/early forties.

But I ll try to decipher cultural references about the place from those in the 20s and 50 plus age range too.

Most good !

TA

I lived in Bayugan for some time and still go there regularly since I have 2 children who live there with my X. Bayugan is a fairly primitive town. Shopping consists of the market area and a small dept store called "Flairmart". The last time I was there in January there was talk of a Jollibee going in next to Mercury Drug near the center of town so there is some growth.

Bayugan is about a 50 minute drive to Butuan where there is ample shopping, fast food, and entertainment. There is also an airport just outside of Butuan in Bacasi and about 30 minutes out of town in the city of Nasipit, you cna catch the ferry to Cebu.

The road between Bayugan and Butuan is excellent and a real joy to drive since there isnt much traffic and the views are spectacular as you wind your way over the mountain.

People there are friendly and I never worried about my safety in northern Mindanao the way I worry about it in Cebu City.

Im not sure where salvacion is but I can check into it a little deeper.

Benjamin22

Thanks for the excellent detailed response.

I was sort of thinking a response of the nature that you made, would be forthcoming.

As I am a veteran of worse places than Cebu city, (London!!!!!), Malate, (Well, dodgy!!!!) etc, I think that I ll have no probs in Bayguan.

Thanks for the info !