American, shot dead in Dumanjug, Cebu

David_LivinginTalisay

smokey

May the greedy murdering bastards be damned.

How to survive in a corrupt land? Keep a low profile. Avoid financial entanglements with locals. Avoid disputes with locals. Don't make enemies.

or have a bigger gun then they do... when pushed push back ..

David when are you going to realize typing long winded responses time and time again over and over again, is a waste of bandwidth, get over it! you lost your wives commission money now move on! I for one am tired of your stories.

wow we agree on something...........

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• billten

• Mik

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May the greedy murdering bastards be damned.   How to survive in a corrupt land? Keep a low profile. Avoid financial entanglements with locals. Avoid disputes with locals. Don't make enemies.   .

David when are you going to realize typing long winded responses time and time again over and over again, is a waste of bandwidth, get over it! you lost your wives commission money now move on! I for

I don't think it's really a good idea to post so much information about this when there's still an ongoing investigation. You never know who may be reading this public forum.

Posted Images

David_LivinginTalisay

David when are you going to realize typing long winded responses time and time again over and over again, is a waste of bandwidth, get over it! you lost your wives commission money now move on! I for one am tired of your stories.

PiRider,

You are the one who posted this reply:-

Well if a second one of you Five Estafa guys get tapped. then we will know , WHO DONE IT.

Not everyone might know the background on what this was about, so I gave some!

There was no mention of "wives commission money" so don't quite know the relevance of you, slipping that in?

I was one of the 'Five Estafa guys' that Soronio tried to have deported!

There are considerably more filing Charges against her and the number is growing, Atty Estandarte stated.

We will have to wait and see if John Zuke getting shot was in connection with this, or dispute with his Ex or something else.

Pretty sure that Michael Joseph Langdon's death was from his poor state of health, as it was a blood clot in his brain, that officially killed him, I understand (rather than any suspicious or more sinister circumstances connected with Soronio?).

He was NOT one of those '5 Estafa guys' incidentally, as their 'V8' investment, was in his Filipina asawa, Susan's name.

She said she is still going to persue the case against Soronio as Michael would have wanted that.

------------- Line deleted, per David's request --------------

So if I suddenly get shot, is it likely to be someone who does not like my posts on this Forum, or Soronio or what?

Edited by Admin

You dont have much use for wallets I heard.

But do you know about rice ?

(directed to udonthani, but other rice experts please feel free to butt in )

Benjamin, talk to Chris Stokes (that's also his user name here.) He and his wife are into rice business in Bohol.

How to survive in a corrupt land? Keep a low profile. Avoid financial entanglements with locals. Avoid disputes with locals. Don't make enemies.

Amen to that! I think every foreigner who is considering moving to the Philippines should heed this advice!

David_LivinginTalisay

The problem however is in managing to keep a 'low profile'!

A foreigner would have to live in little more than a 'Nippa Hut' to keep a really low profile. Have a half decent house, better than the ones around you, they will consider you 'wealthy' and you become a potential 'target'?

We have lived in a modest 'Camella Homes' Subdivision, here in Lawa-an 1, Talisay City. There are few Foreigners living here, but scattered around the subdivision, and very much in the minority. None have particularly big or splended houses, since there are 'locals' with bigger and better houses, and larger, more expensive SUV cars. The locals assume we dont have that much money or we would be in a much more up-class subdivision,. and drive a more expensive vehicle. We have never been broken into, in nearly 9 years of owning a house here, and it is not a 'gated subdivision with a wall all around. Then again we never leave the house empty or unattended either.

Wow billten, that's a sharp double edged sward your playing with. Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out.

Just curious, I don't know what kind of compensation the bad boys were asking for. not knowing any of the details. In the long run would some sort of small settlement offer be cheaper than a long battle in the courts that if you when they will be even more disgruntled. and resort back to revenge? Just asking.

They want half the land, of course they want the half with our house built on it. Its just a mugging, plain and simple, only filed the case once the house was all built.

Anyhow, as i said, we are taking the legal route, but up here in the bukid, that is definitely not the first choice for the locals. They would have no other option than to resort to violence, not because they are violent people, but because they would have no other way of finding justice.

Be polite, smile as much as you can, make as many friends as possible, don't involve yourself in local business or politics and most importantly be willing to kill someone if they cross the line. And make sure everyone in your barangay knows it...

Edited by billten
Athena

Be polite, smile as much as you can, make as many friends as possible, don't involve yourself in local business or politics and most importantly be willing to kill someone if they cross the line. And make sure everyone in your barangay knows it...

As a filipina, id say you got it right - filipinos respect this attitude!

musicman666

The problem however is in managing to keep a 'low profile'!

A foreigner would have to live in little more than a 'Nippa Hut' to keep a really low profile. Have a half decent house, better than the ones around you, they will consider you 'wealthy' and you become a potential 'target'?

We have lived in a modest 'Camella Homes' Subdivision, here in Lawa-an 1, Talisay City. There are few Foreigners living here, but scattered around the subdivision, and very much in the minority. None have particularly big or splended houses, since there are 'locals' with bigger and better houses, and larger, more expensive SUV cars. The locals assume we dont have that much money or we would be in a much more up-class subdivision,. and drive a more expensive vehicle. We have never been broken into, in nearly 9 years of owning a house here, and it is not a 'gated subdivision with a wall all around. Then again we never leave the house empty or unattended either.

my thoughts exactly ..my sub division in mandaue isnt flashy ..but its quiet and everyone just keeps to their own and its all really calm and very safe.

David_LivinginTalisay

An American, John Zuke, separated from a Filipina and living with another Filipina, in his home in Dumanjug, Cebu, was shot dead when he neared his home after a trip into Cebu City about 4pm on Saturday (2nd October 2009).

But let us not speculate, on WHO might of shot John Zuke (or hired someone to kill him?), or WHY?

An American, with 'Permanent Resident' status, living in Dumanjug, with his new Filipina wife (common law), was shot, and died from this apparently. Wait for more news and autopsy report to confirm what happened.

David Whittall

Here some news on John Zuke being 'ambushed' returning home from Cebu:-

03-10-2009 1249763959-880.gifKano gi-ambush, namatay GI-AMBUSH ug gipatay ang usa ka American national sa lungsod sa Dumanjug, Sugbo sa duha ka wa mailhing mga tawo nga nagsakay og motorsiklo.

superb_logo_cebu.gif

Home » SuperBalita Cebu » Balita

Kano gi-ambush, namatay

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ni Dennes R. Tabar

GI-AMBUSH ug gipatay ang usa ka American national sa lungsod sa Dumanjug, Sugbo sa duha ka wa mailhing mga tawo nga nagsakay og motorsiklo.

Samtang pangulo sa Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) nipadala nag mga imbestigador aron palawman na ang imbestigasyon sa hitabo pasado alas 3:00 sa hapon niadtong Biyernes sa may karsada sa sityo Lomboy, barangay Camboang.

logo%20betaresized65.png

Balita Amerikano gi-ambush

Ni Guam P. Logroño (Banat) Updated October 04, 2009 12:00 AM

CEBU, Philippines - Patay ang usa ka Amerkano human gi-ambusan sa duha ka mamumuno samtang mopauli na unta kini paingon sa ilang panimalay sa sitio Lombos barangay Camboang lungsud sa Dumanjug niadtong Biyenes sa hapon.

Ang namatay giila sa kapulisan nga si John Walter Zuke, 64, dunay kapuyong Pilipina ug nagpuyo sa barangay Lawaan sa nahisgutang lungsud.

Samtang ang gitumbok nga mamumuno mao ang duha ka wala mailhing suspetsado nga nagsakay sa kolor itom nga binabaye nga motorsiklo nga daling misibat human sa krimen.

Si PO1 Renante Lucaylucay sa Dumanjug Police Station nga gikahinabi sa Banat News nagkanayon nga gikan sa dakbayan sa Sugbu ang biktimang si Zuke dihang gibanhigan sa duha ka mga suspetsado.

Matud pa ni PO1 Lucaylucay nga nagsakay si Zuke sa iyang van ug nagsubay sa national highway apan pag-abot sa sitio Lomboy barangay Camboang diha na kini gipa-uwana'g mga bala.

Gibutyag niini nga nadala pa unta sa mga residente sa lugar ang biktima sa Barili District Hospital apan walay swerte tungod kay nabugtoan sa iyang kinabuhi.

Sumala pa niini nga dunay samad pinusilan sa dughan ingon man sa iyang ulo nga nilapos sa agtang gikan sa kilid sa dunggan si Zuke.

Wala pay matumbok nga suspetsado ang kapulisan ingon man motibo sa maong krimen ug nagpadayon pa hangtud ning pagsuwat ang ilang imbestigasyon niini.

Si Sr. Supt. Jesus Gaquing, director sa kapulisan sa lalawigan sa Sugbu nagkanayon nga niadtong milabay'ng gabii nipadala na siya'g mga imbestigador gikan sa Provincial Intelligence Branch (pib) nga moabag sa imbestigasyon sa kapulisan sa Dumanjug.

Gipadala usab niya ang ubang sakop sa Provincial Mobile Group (PMG) aron sa paggukod sa mga suspetsado tungod kay duna na sila'y lead sa mga suspetsado.

Hinuon nagdumili si Gaquing pagbutyag kun unsay motibo sa pagpusil patay sa biktimang American national. (BANATNEWS)

Man indicted for adultery

(The Freeman) Updated December 27, 2007 12:00 AM

The Cebu Provincial Prosecutor's Office has indicted the son of a judge for allegedly having an affair with the wife of a foreigner.

The case stemmed from a complaint filed by American national John Walter Zuke

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

PiRider,

You are the one who posted this reply:-

Not everyone might know the background on what this was about, so I gave some!

There was no mention of "wives commission money" so don't quite know the relevance of you, slipping that in?

I was one of the 'Five Estafa guys' that Soronio tried to have deported!

There are considerably more filing Charges against her and the number is growing, Atty Estandarte stated.

We will have to wait and see if John Zuke getting shot was in connection with this, or dispute with his Ex or something else.

Pretty sure that Michael Joseph Langdon's death was from his poor state of health, as it was a blood clot in his brain, that officially killed him, I understand (rather than any suspicious or more sinister circumstances connected with Soronio?).

He was NOT one of those '5 Estafa guys' incidentally, as their 'V8' investment, was in his Filipina asawa, Susan's name.

She said she is still going to persue the case against Soronio as Michael would have wanted that.

John Zukes son, Andrew, will pressumably still be continuing the case against Soronio, and fighting to get his Dad's share of any Court Claim, (if the common law wife of John agrees he should).

So if I suddenly get shot, is it likely to be someone who does not like my posts on this Forum, or Soronio or what?

At least your posts are getting shorter.

Who is gonne go after you because of being guilty sucking in so many foreigners into those "safe" schemes?

My critical comments were not appreciated anymore when you even scammed in our moderator and friend into that mess.

Pay back all the commissions you have collected from your friends and acquaintances and maybe karma will pay back and your life and health will improve.

./

Have there been any updates since this ws posted? I can onlly think that because of the storms that the police l ready have their hands full and may put this on the back burner until things get better there.

An American, John Zuke, separated from a Filipina and living with another Filipina, in his home in Dumanjug, Cebu, was shot dead when he neared his home after a trip into Cebu City about 4pm on Saturday (2nd October 2009).

John Zuke had phoned me just the day before, to ask what was the latest on PDIC Claims, and Claims against Celso G de los Angeles Jr. and Claims against Catherine L. Soronio.

I got to know John Zuke, since he was one of those who also filed a Case of Syndicated Estafa against Catherine L. Soronio et al, using Atty. Ervin Estandarte, who was representing Susan & Michael Langdon. In fact he was another whom Catherine L. Soronio tried to get BI to deport for not having a Work Permit to be a Motorcycle Dealer (but that failed miserably since we are 'Permenant Residents' and 'exempt' the need for 'Alien Employment Permit, so are allowed to work, so a BS 'charge')!

The NBI are investigating the shooting, as possible 'murder', as the local word is, there was a witness who saw the 'hired gun', it was reported on local Radio.

I am NOT suggestion it was connected with his filing of Syndicated Estafa - that could not be connected to his possible murder.

More likely it might turn out to be connected with his Filipina 'Ex', as we heard there was a 'dispute' over money and property ownership.

But let us not speculate, on WHO might of shot John Zuke (or hired someone to kill him?), or WHY?

An American, with 'Permanent Resident' status, living in Dumanjug, with his new Filipina wife (common law), was shot, and died from this apparently. Wait for more news and autopsy report to confirm what happened.

If I hear any more, will update this Forum.

David Whittall

I don't think it's really a good idea to post so much information about this when there's still an ongoing investigation. You never know who may be reading this public forum.

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

Have there been any updates since this ws posted? I can onlly think that because of the storms that the police l ready have their hands full and may put this on the back burner until things get better there.

Cary, not sure what you are on about really as there were no Typhoon problems here in CEBU, where this ambush and murder took place - only Northern Luzon area.

I posted an update giving what was in the local papers - did you not read (translate) from my update post?

Sounds like they may have a suspect, but not providing any more details at this point.

David_LivinginTalisay

American John Zuke, being ambushed by 2 men on a motorcycle in his Hi-Ace Van returning to his home from a trip to Cebu, is now reported in the local press.

Kano gi-ambush, namatay

Amerikano gi-ambush

There was also a report in the press back in 2007, of John Zuke having filed a case of Adultery against his Filipina wife.

Man indicted for adultery

So this information is already public knowledge, as should the Court Case, filled against Catherine L. Soronio.

Investors threaten to sue bank

I am not suggesting there is any connections - just presenting the information, that any good investigation team, will be looking into.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay