American, shot dead in Dumanjug, Cebu

David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

An American, John Zuke, separated from a Filipina and living with another Filipina, in his home in Dumanjug, Cebu, was shot dead when he neared his home after a trip into Cebu City about 4pm on Saturday (2nd October 2009).

John Zuke had phoned me just the day before, to ask what was the latest on PDIC Claims, and Claims against Celso G de los Angeles Jr. and Claims against Catherine L. Soronio.

I got to know John Zuke, since he was one of those who also filed a Case of Syndicated Estafa against Catherine L. Soronio et al, using Atty. Ervin Estandarte, who was representing Susan & Michael Langdon. In fact he was another whom Catherine L. Soronio tried to get BI to deport for not having a Work Permit to be a Motorcycle Dealer (but that failed miserably since we are 'Permenant Residents' and 'exempt' the need for 'Alien Employment Permit, so are allowed to work, so a BS 'charge')!

The NBI are investigating the shooting, as possible 'murder', as the local word is, there was a witness who saw the 'hired gun', it was reported on local Radio.

I am NOT suggestion it was connected with his filing of Syndicated Estafa - that could not be connected to his possible murder.

More likely it might turn out to be connected with his Filipina 'Ex', as we heard there was a 'dispute' over money and property ownership.

But let us not speculate, on WHO might of shot John Zuke (or hired someone to kill him?), or WHY?

An American, with 'Permanent Resident' status, living in Dumanjug, with his new Filipina wife (common law), was shot, and died from this apparently. Wait for more news and autopsy report to confirm what happened.

If I hear any more, will update this Forum.

David Whittall

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• billten

• Mik

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May the greedy murdering bastards be damned.   How to survive in a corrupt land? Keep a low profile. Avoid financial entanglements with locals. Avoid disputes with locals. Don't make enemies.   .

David when are you going to realize typing long winded responses time and time again over and over again, is a waste of bandwidth, get over it! you lost your wives commission money now move on! I for

I don't think it's really a good idea to post so much information about this when there's still an ongoing investigation. You never know who may be reading this public forum.

Posted Images

Well if a second one of you Five Estafa guys get tapped. then we will know , WHO DONE IT. :welcome:

Benjamin22

Well if a second one of you Five Estafa guys get tapped. then we will know , WHO DONE IT. :welcome:

Really worrying stuff.

Murky underbelly of normal life in Cebu.

Is Cebu especially bad for this sort of stuff ? Or not really ?

David Spicer

Really worrying stuff.

This did not happen in Cebu (City), it happened on Cebu.

post-1696-125458633164_thumb.png

udonthani

nobody said that it did happen in Cebu city.

not that it is of course anywhere near inconceivable that something like this might happen in that particular Filipine metropolitan area.

Benjamin22

You dont have much use for wallets I heard.

But do you know about rice ?

(directed to udonthani, but other rice experts please feel free to butt in )

Really worrying stuff.

I am currently working thru the process of being sued over a land dispute and i think being involved in this has given me an insight into why there is so much of this gun-for-hire and people taking the law into their own hands.

My case involves an honest family who i bought my land from and their cousins who are a bunch of lazy do nothing scum. I have dealt with the honest group in good faith and they have without doubt been honorable and direct with me at every turn during the sale of their land. After the sale, the cousins family made a crazy claim that they should have been paid compensation for the land. Problem is that they found a lawyer who would take the case and voila, we are both being sued. The honest sellers have no extra money to pay a lawyer and i have agreed to cover their legal costs until the case is settled.

Anyhow, bottom line is that in talking to the honest family, they are SOOOO grateful that we are making them take the legal route in fighting this action. I have been assured repeatedly that if it was not for us someone would have gotten shot. They don't have the money to fight the case and have a healthy distrust of the legal system in any case, feeling that as poor people they would get screwed somehow. And they are probably right.

So you have an honest group of people that feel the only way they could ever get justice for an obvious group of scammers is to resort to killing them. That is really scary and sad to say, they are probably correct in their beliefs.

Wow billten, that's a sharp double edged sward your playing with. Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out.

Just curious, I don't know what kind of compensation the bad boys were asking for. not knowing any of the details. In the long run would some sort of small settlement offer be cheaper than a long battle in the courts that if you when they will be even more disgruntled. and resort back to revenge? Just asking.

David Spicer

nobody said that it did happen in Cebu city.

not that it is of course anywhere near inconceivable that something like this might happen in that particular Filipine metropolitan area.

"Murky underbelly of normal life in Cebu."

To me, "in Cebu" refers to Cebu City, as opposed to on Cebu.

Wow billten, that's a sharp double edged sward your playing with. Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out.

Just curious, I don't know what kind of compensation the bad boys were asking for. not knowing any of the details. In the long run would some sort of small settlement offer be cheaper than a long battle in the courts that if you when they will be even more disgruntled. and resort back to revenge? Just asking.

I would have to agree with Pi Rider 100%. As unpalatable as it may seem it would be far cheaper to settle with the baddies ensuring all Ts are crossed and Is dotted so no more reclaim. Once tied up in the courts with money sucking attorneys working in league with the the other baddies attorneys costs will become astronomical.

I have always made settlement as soon and cheaply as possible even knowing full well there was no genuine legal claim against me. its just not worth the on going expense and cases which have no resemblance of legal or common sense.

David_LivinginTalisay

I would have to agree with Pi Rider 100%. As unpalatable as it may seem it would be far cheaper to settle with the baddies ensuring all Ts are crossed and Is dotted so no more reclaim. Once tied up in the courts with money sucking attorneys working in league with the the other baddies attorneys costs will become astronomical.

I have always made settlement as soon and cheaply as possible even knowing full well there was no genuine legal claim against me. its just not worth the on going expense and cases which have no resemblance of legal or common sense.

Good advice, but it cuts both ways! Those who filed a case against Catherine L. Soronio, were doing so because her offer to pay over longer Term, was not acceptable. Those that went with her 'Option 1' offering, when she broke the original Contract, found the replacement Checks issued under the new 'scheme' are also now 'bouncing'. Soronio refuses to negotiate, yet seems to be getting increasingly desperate. She tried to get some of those 'Foreigners' who Filled the Case against her, 'Deported' under trumped up complaint. She ought to realise that sitting down at a negotiation table, is her only certain way of staying out of Jail. She no doubt has different ideas about how to take care of the 'problem'?

The following is a Summary of what led us to filing such 'Syndicated Estafa' Case against Sorionio and others (directors of the Bank who signed the Bank Guarantee 'Resolution' making it 'legal' and permitted, but failed to uphold the stipulation - they 'colluded' with her, as she was 'President' and a major shareholder of the Bank.

Catherine L. Soronio sold us on her Motorcycle expansion scheme, whereby she would buy Motorcycles in large quantities from reputable manufacturer ('Zongshen' of China that manufactures engines for the 'ZIP' Scooter of 'Piaggio', Italy, and has business agreement with 'Harley Davidson'). These shipped in sub-assembly pieces and assembled in the Philippines under license (that considerably reduces the Duty charges). Sold competitively, in the Philippines, such Motorcycles would give 200% ROI. Banks offering Chattel Mortgage Financing on these Motorcycles, with payment typically as low as Php100/day, over 3 years term, would triple that figure almost! The theory of the 'Business Plan' looked good, and the Banks making the money from the Finance was offing a 'Bank Guarantee'. A resolution was formally passed, by over 2/3 the 'Shareholders' of Oriental Bank (RB of Mabinay), agreeing to such 'Bank Guarantee', but stipulating that the "funds so raised, be used exclusively for the expansion of the V8 Motorcycle business. In April 2009, we discovered the reason 900 x 'V8' OEM Zongshen Motorcycles, were still in the Mandaue warehouse of Toro Motors since Nov/Dec 2008, was because essential parts were 'missing' (Zongshen had 'deliberately' withheld such parts, as they had not been paid Php10M by Soronio for these Motorcycles). In other words Soronio had not paid for the Motorcycles, with the funds, fraudulently obtained from the Investors. Bank Officers, Directors and Shareholder colluded together to make believe it was a genuine Motorcycle business, yet the Motorcycles were never paid for. Financial Data, produced by V8 Motorcycles finance Dept. (to show prospective investor), declared that Php350 million had been raised! Soronio did not even spend Php10M of that, to buy the Motorcycles that got imported into the Philippines from Zongshen. No effort made to pay up and get the parts needed. No sales of assembled Motorcycles, no finance profit to the Banks - no Bank Guarantee!

To date we do not know what Soronio did with the money, and she refuses to say. If that Php350M figure is not correct, whey was it being purported to be correct to a prospective investor? Seems Soronio only lived in a modes rented apartment. The Mercedes, she was driving around in, was on 'HP' apparently (as the Finance company was seeking it to repossess as installments not paid for several months!).

Micheal Langdon, and his wife Susan, introduced John Zuke and several other Foreigners, to this 'V8 Motorcycle' Dealer/Investor 'scheme'.

John Zuke, his son, myself, a Swedish Guy, and another American, were the ones Catherine L. Soronio, tried to have deported, with the 'Complaint Affidavit' she submitted to the BI

"

The said aliens, through misrepresentation and fraudulent intent, entered into a dealership/investment agreement with V8 Motorcycle and Parts Dealer with business address and showroom at RDT Building, Mandaue City, Cebu without disclosing that they were not authorized to enter into said dealership/investment agreement on account or their immigration status because none of them are bearers of investors visas or clothed with the proper permit to capacitate them to act as business dealers of V8
. Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
eggnoggin

Good thing you havent built a house on your land ...as this is a universal scam whereby the ....lawyers...and relatives wear you down .. ..the girlfriend begins to become unhinged..the bad vibes hysteria constant expense and bs all part of a chinese firedrill that goes back to fist bumps and eyerolls when youre not there.just a walking atm..sooner or later theyll get your number ..only the vietnamese are better pretenders and backstabbers...as soon as they get the first house and an inkling of how gullible kind and easily led most white knights are.. its off to the races....eventually another old american shot poisoned with sure fire carcinogens run off wore down led to drugs and alcohol or if theyre lucky escape back to candy mountain with an extra pair o knickers and a squeezed out tube of toothpaste..theres never enough money or kindness to snuff out or mitigate the fantasies of the poor...take it for what is .....youre just kindling on the fire of their raging quest for any kind of class association or identity...soon you just become an obstacle to obtaining your funds...be a moving unidentifiable undefined barely solvent disappearing in the night without a trace not leaving a penny behind kind of guy...theyll just nod and confirm your just too good to be true...then laugh and remark... with an admiring...he was a smart one ..dont see many of those..not to worry ..another jelly bean will soon roll off candy mountain into our lazy laps...har har har

May the greedy murdering bastards be damned.

How to survive in a corrupt land? Keep a low profile. Avoid financial entanglements with locals. Avoid disputes with locals. Don't make enemies.

• Like 1

A philosopher of truth.

Then there's the one who puts his true love through college blind,when she graduates,what happened-you mean it was'nt real true love.

<br />Good thing you havent built a house on your land ...as this is a universal scam whereby the ....lawyers...and relatives wear you down .. ..the girlfriend begins to become unhinged..the bad vibes hysteria constant expense and bs all part of a chinese firedrill that goes back to fist bumps and eyerolls when youre not there.just a walking atm..sooner or later theyll get your number ..only the vietnamese are better pretenders and backstabbers...as soon as they get the first house and an inkling of how gullible kind and easily led most white knights are.. its off to the races....eventually another old american shot poisoned with sure fire carcinogens run off wore down led to drugs and alcohol or if theyre lucky escape back to candy mountain with an extra pair o knickers and a squeezed out tube of toothpaste..theres never enough money or kindness to snuff out or mitigate the fantasies of the poor...take it for what is .....youre just kindling on the fire of their raging quest for any kind of class association or identity...soon you just become an obstacle to obtaining your funds...be a moving unidentifiable undefined barely solvent disappearing in the night without a trace not leaving a penny behind kind of guy...theyll just nod and confirm your just too good to be true...then laugh and remark... with an admiring...he was a smart one ..dont see many of those..not to worry ..another jelly bean will soon roll off candy mountain into our lazy laps...har har har<br />
<br /><br /><br />

David when are you going to realize typing long winded responses time and time again over and over again, is a waste of bandwidth, get over it! you lost your wives commission money now move on! I for one am tired of your stories.

• Like 1