The Population In The Phillipines Is About To Grow

Well, in exactly 4 weeks I will finish work at 10pm and leave for San Francisco airport for the start of my long and first trip to the Philippines.

I

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freeheeler

• crewsafe

• CaptainJackson

• Steve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

freeheeler

I wish you the best of luck and a safe trip. I hope that it is an enjoyable one. It sounds like it will be. Take lot's of pictures and tell us how it went when you get back. :cool_01:

I wish that I could go now but have to wait.......***pout*** ***pout*** LOL

freeheeler

I wish you the best of luck and a safe trip. I hope that it is an enjoyable one. It sounds like it will be. Take lot's of pictures and tell us how it went when you get back. :cool_01:

I wish that I could go now but have to wait.......***pout*** ***pout*** LOL

:as-if::P:P:P:P:P:P LOL

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll fill you in when I get back

Seems to me you're doing all the right things. Spending time with her family and friends will reveal the real woman. If there are going to be issues with the family you will know quickly too. IMO don't be over respectful just be polite and if you are unsure of a situation just ask your girl. If you get asked a question or request (money) a good quick answer is "I'll think about it".

Sounds like fun in Bohol. The river trip at the Tarsier display is well worthwhile.

Drink lots of bottled water and remember to use sunscreen.

One question I do have for people here. How are you supposed to greet her parents? Is there a special way or something you say that is more respectful than a common greeting? I

Hi Freeheeler, good luck and have fun.

Don't forget to bring some chocolates and chewing gum for the kids, they love M&M's. While you're in Cebu, you and your g/f should visit Kawasan Falls in Badian (South West of Cebu), you can stay over night there for around 10 USD per night, very romantic place.

Dude:

You had better bring along some energy pills for all of the stuff you have planned. I got tired just reading about it. :cool_01:

Safe trip. :as-if:

yes I agree with crewsafe the heat will soon have you rethink that list of activities I do have some climbing buddies that will contact you when i send your stuff along, I also have a an idea on the roosters!, but its not repeatable they have some pretty large ones there you know

man_with_an_unusually_large_cock.jpg

but I find that they dont like the BB gun so much but i do know a guy that shot one to frighten it and ended up having to buy a dead prize cockerel that had died from shock,

you soon get used to it and its part of local culture, sadly I will not be around when you get to cebu but by the sounds of it there will be other times,

James

Pazific_Dreamz

Freeheeler wrote:

"The only problem I can foresee on the trip is the goddam motherf#*#**# rooster they keep at their home. Every time I phone her, whether it is late at night or early in the morning that thing is yakking away. The assistance you have provided me with James may be useful here!!!!"

As you can read in other threads here in the forums - the problems with the roosters is really caused by the fact that they enjoy using karaoke machines!!?? :crack-up: It is simply the sound of Asia... anywhere you go...

Regarding asian/western way of...ehm... you can still stick to your traditions by bringing along toiletpaper. You might have to put it a plastic back tie it and throw it in the garbage or dig it down somewhere. Or even burn it. LOL!

________________________________________________________________________________

You have a good plan. Use it to improvise from - and go with your feelings and personal boundries. If for whatever reason something doesn't feel rigth - communicate it - and change your plans accordingly.

Enjoy! Have fun! Good luck!

All the best!

From

Pazific_Dreamz

CaptainJackson
Well, in exactly 4 weeks I will finish work at 10pm and leave for San Francisco airport for the start of my long and first trip to the Philippines.

Lucky B&$#ard...... :crack-up:

After I arrive in Cebu in the evening, I will have the pleasure of meeting my g/f. That

But I'm only 46!!!

Dude:

You had better bring along some energy pills for all of the stuff you have planned. I got tired just reading about it. :lmao:

Safe trip. :lmao:

BTW, remember most Filipino's don't use toilet paper, you'll get confronted in the CR with a plastic dipper, fill the dipper with water and pour down your crack whilst at the same time rubbing with your left hand until clean. Some Westerners get a bit freaked out by that.

I'll bring my own and some baby wipes and maybe feed them to the rooster!!!!

Seems to me you're doing all the right things. Spending time with her family and friends will reveal the real woman. If there are going to be issues with the family you will know quickly too. IMO don't be over respectful just be polite and if you are unsure of a situation just ask your girl. If you get asked a question or request (money) a good quick answer is "I'll think about it".

Sounds like fun in Bohol. The river trip at the Tarsier display is well worthwhile.

Drink lots of bottled water and remember to use sunscreen.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get some insect reppellent soon and I've told her we will have to get lots of bottled water when we are in Davao. I've known her for 7 months and she has never asked me asked me for anything. I started to send her a small amount every month to cover internet and phone calls and taking the tricycle. But that was only on the condition that she opened up a bank account and saved half of what I sent her which she did. Then she asked me if she could use what she had saved to build a new comfort room on their home for my arrival which I agreed to. Now I have a comfort room named after me in the Philippines!!!!

Buy some ear plugs. Those roosters go all night long, then they get the neighborhood dogs barking, which wakes up some people who yell at the dogs, and that gets the roosters going again.

That made me laugh :crack-up: Good idea, I will have ear plugs from my flight so I will keep them handy!!

Yes, when you meet her mother (as stated by Ginamos) reach out, take her hand and gently bow forward as you press the back of her hand to your forehead. Hold it there for a second or two. When you lower her hand and rise to a standing position they will probably be laughing. They are not making fun of you, but they are surprised that you have this knowledge. Also they are surprised that a Kano came all this way to meet their daughter. I suggest that you don't tell your g/f that you plan to do this. Just do it. It will be something to look back on in the future. ie: "Remember when you met my parents and you did Mano Po........?" I think you should just shake her fathers hand. I don't know because the family I stayed with the father had already died. Maybe someone else here can advise if Mano Po extends to a man doing this to another man????

I can see myself making a right bollox of that :huh:

Thanks for all the comments and good wishes. I'm looking forward to the trip

post-107-1165518081_thumb.jpg

Edited by Talisayus
CaptainJackson

If your girl is the lovely little thing wearing pink in that picture, you are going to have a WONDERFUL time. And yes, I think you will need those energy pills, or some kind of pills .

Oh how I wish I was at that stage already.

Good luck and you are going to have the experience of a lifetime.

Fun, exciting, educational, and you will get to feel like a hero when you help her family.

Dude, a C.R. named after you. ha ha ha ha

Edited by Talisayus

I feel I've finally achieved something in my life now!!!! I bet Bill Gates does'nt have one!!!!

Dude, a C.R. named after you. ha ha ha ha

Edited by Talisayus

Hi Mate, Glad your all set to go, the final weeks are always the longest LOL, i will email or pm you my cell and landline details, incase you run into any problems here , just call if you need anything,

regards John