Sign in to follow this  
targetlock

Purchasing an airline ticket from cebu

targetlock

My wife's paperwork has been finished here. I am just waiting for her to have her interview and physical in Manila. How does the one way ticket from there to the U.S. work does she have to buy it there and what is the best west coast airport to fly her into?

broden
My wife's paperwork has been finished here. I am just waiting for her to have her interview and physical in Manila. How does the one way ticket from there to the U.S. work does she have to buy it there and what is the best west coast airport to fly her into?

i'm not sure about the rest .. just don't remember right now .. but we always go through San Fran airport .. nice airport not as crowded as LAX and a pretty straight forward layout

targetlock

My first visit I went through San Fran and the last time through LAX. I am wondering which one would be better on the immigration interview part

thanks for the reply

JohnFromTexas

hey targetlock similar situation myself... how long have you been married and how long has it taken your paperwork to get processed for the visa?

Bob Ward

Targetlock, how is anyone going to have that data. They would have had to bring in two fiancees in the last year or so through different west coast airports. On second thought, with some of the numb nuts I've read about here, it's possible! Seriously though, what has she got to hide that you need to find the path of lease resistance? .... Don't sweat the small shit, I'm still a bit drunk from Gecko and the damn B-52s, Pimms, Jose Quervo, J

targetlock
hey targetlock similar situation myself... how long have you been married and how long has it taken your paperwork to get processed for the visa?

I got married April 20th in Cebu and I started the paperwork on June 3rd. I just got word from the gov last week that the paperwork was all approved over here and is being sent to the embassy to finish. I am figuring somewhere around Christmas plus or minus

Lee

Congratulations Targetlock.

Don't forget about the CFO class that I believe is required before she can buy a ticket and the other things she will need to take the class.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm

targetlock
Congratulations Targetlock.

Don't forget about the CFO class that I believe is required before she can buy a ticket and the other things she will need to take the class.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm

thanks for advice

traveller2104

Hi

When my wife came over on the fiancee visa in 2002. I got her ticket from Ron and Fe Perry in Tulare California. I paid for the ticket there with a U.S. credit card and Juliet picked it up at a travel agent in S.M. mall. I continue to use them as my source for tickets as their prices have always been competitive. Their contact info is on the website for the resort that they own in northern Cebu: http://www.virginbeachresortcebu.com/site/

Now as for which airport, I cannot comment on Seattle because I have not been through there. I have not come into the country through New York and it is not west coast. Between Los Angeles and San Francisco it is a clear choice for me in San Francisco. In L.A. to continue on domestic you have to switch terminals which can be very confusing. In S.F. everything is in one building. As a comforting point either of these airports have many Philippine employees who are ready to help a "hometown" traveller.

Lee
thanks for advice

You are welcome. I forgot to answer the airport part. It is really going to depend on what time of the year she comes in and where the terminals are located compared to the airline she is going to take to get to you, or meet you. We use LAX all the time and PAL and find it pretty convenient to AA and not bad to Delta which is just past and next to AA which is the very first one in the adjacent terminal, but you still have to go outside to get there. That time of year it is going to be pretty cold and I would highly recommend your meeting her at whichever airport you decide on, and be sure to bring a very heavy coat for her, even if it is in the 60's. My wife freezes below 72 :rofl: and was worse when she arrived the first time. :welcome:

As far as immigration at each, it is going to depend on whether they woke up on the wrong side of the bed or not that day, and if she has a green card already, then she should just breeze through. Also be sure to tell her not to bring anything that is not allowed such as plants or any fresh fruits. Filipinos tend to do that, and if caught it could be bad news. Ahhh the fun of it all and the anticipation. Hang in there, the time will just fly by. :cool_01:

samatm

When my wife came over for the first time we cleared INS at Guam... which at the time was EZ and we were the only couple they were seeing. We had maybe 3 hrs between flights and had plenty of time to clear INS..and catch the next flight to HNL on to IAH.

On a side note: it was wierd that our passports in the PI were stamped NOV 1 in MNL exiting ... then as we entered Guam our passports stamped OCT 31... and then again in HNL they was stamped Nov 1. Who says time travel isn't possible?

LAX / SFO ---- I don't know about clearing INS.. but as far as I can see the difference in connecting flights at the two Airports is about a toss up. Just go with whichever combination has the shortest layover time. 9 Hours in SFO hanging out is no fun. BTDT.

bikerdave

Eva air has a promo tickets are 285/330/385 plus tax mnl to lax/sfo/sea the 285 ticket including tax is 411.60 usd one way internet price

targetlock

If I were to buy it on the internet myself would she still be able to claim the ticket at the counter when she checks in?

I do plan on meeting her at whatever airport that she flies into and I have already sent her a coat with hat and gloves for the trip. The first stop will be the mall to get her some warm clothes as Missouri is cold in December.

Markham
If I were to buy it on the internet myself would she still be able to claim the ticket at the counter when she checks in?

The airline industry has pretty much gone over to eTicketing and when you purchase one online it will generally be sent to you via email - you can simply forward it on to your lady.

However, I would strongly advise you to check with the airline to see if the passenger should either be the same person as bought the ticket (as evidenced by producing the credit card used) or, if bought on behalf of someone (ie your lady), she may need to produce a clear photocopy of both sides of your credit card. This is certainly true of both Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific.

Penguin

From my experience, don't waste your money with a travel agent in the Philippines because prices are much cheaper online. Every time I have bought a ticket to the US from the Phils, it's been significantly cheaper to just buy it online direct from the airlines.