Sign in to follow this  
twostrokes

RT from US to PI

twostrokes

Looking to start booking my flights for Nov arrival.....Has anyone ever used ASAP tickets??? They are almost 1/2 price from other booking agencies. I find average price else where for tickets from San Antonio,Tx at about $1,350. ASAP quotes $750.. The only drawback I see so far is no refund, make your flight or forget your money...

Had to push back trip on month, due to surgery I just had and on the mend....We will be spending the first few weeks on Luzon, then proceed to Cebu..

Also, anyone know condition of Swagman in Manila these days??? Havn't stayed there in over 15 years, but need some place to crash one night after arriving in Manila that also will pick us up at the airport on arrival. Any suggestions of other places....bye the way, I am a low budget person, so don't need anything upscale.

Hope to make it out of here this time....have been working hard to get rid of, or place all our parrots, as we raise them, plus our pets. As much as we hated to do it, we gave away our pair of mini dashounds (sp), to lower the number of dogs to deal with. Son is taking care of our Blue Healer and German Shep, and a neighbor is taking our two small inside dogs.. Most of the Parrots are sold, we still hae about 30. We have someone who has taken them to their house and will continue to sell them off for us with a 10% commission and we pay the food while there. So animals are all taken care of. Now all I have to do is get well enough for the trip and we can be on our way.

Hope to meet up with you'll when I get there. We will homebase in Cebu and plan on making a number of short trips to other close countries while on this trip. Plan to be gone about 6 months.

jim

angelescitypi

I've heard many good things about them but like Orbitz or other discount ticket exchanges you will not collect any Frequent Flier Miles.

http://www.asaptickets.com/

Rogersea

I contacted ASAP and unfortunately they were unable beat the reservations (even though my travel dates were extremly flexible) I already had. I currently have reservations through my local regent Forex office.

Cheers,

Roger

DeezNuz

Never heard of ASAP. Is it any good?

I usually try KAYAK.com first. Then follow it up with my local travel agent in USA and Philippines to find the best rate.

ayala

If you call ASAP and give them the quote number you got from the website,you will find that that price is never correct and by the time they give you a price it will be much much higher then there website quote.In fact I think there websire quotes are ficticious.

Looking to start booking my flights for Nov arrival.....Has anyone ever used ASAP tickets??? They are almost 1/2 price from other booking agencies. I find average price else where for tickets from San Antonio,Tx at about $1,350. ASAP quotes $750.. The only drawback I see so far is no refund, make your flight or forget your money...

Had to push back trip on month, due to surgery I just had and on the mend....We will be spending the first few weeks on Luzon, then proceed to Cebu..

Also, anyone know condition of Swagman in Manila these days??? Havn't stayed there in over 15 years, but need some place to crash one night after arriving in Manila that also will pick us up at the airport on arrival. Any suggestions of other places....bye the way, I am a low budget person, so don't need anything upscale.

Hope to make it out of here this time....have been working hard to get rid of, or place all our parrots, as we raise them, plus our pets. As much as we hated to do it, we gave away our pair of mini dashounds (sp), to lower the number of dogs to deal with. Son is taking care of our Blue Healer and German Shep, and a neighbor is taking our two small inside dogs.. Most of the Parrots are sold, we still hae about 30. We have someone who has taken them to their house and will continue to sell them off for us with a 10% commission and we pay the food while there. So animals are all taken care of. Now all I have to do is get well enough for the trip and we can be on our way.

Hope to meet up with you'll when I get there. We will homebase in Cebu and plan on making a number of short trips to other close countries while on this trip. Plan to be gone about 6 months.

jim

fire1911b
If you call ASAP and give them the quote number you got from the website,you will find that that price is never correct and by the time they give you a price it will be much much higher then there website quote.In fact I think there websire quotes are ficticious.

I have used ASAP travel many times. They are fair and honest in my opinion Bill

twostrokes

That seems to be the run around I am getting....had talked to one on the phone. Later got on line in their "chat mode" and as soon as I was told that their posted price was much less than I have been quoted, the person I was chating with said "that price is before taxes and fees". I reminded her that the site specifically stated the price was all inclusive of tax and fees.....then for some reason the chat session broke connection and I was never able to reestablish it.

Seems as with 99% of posted ads for flights, they are bogus, just to get you to contact them, then they sell you what they have if they can.

Guess the airline industery is just like EVERYTHING else.....deception, deception, bait and switch, bogus ads, outright false advertising, etc etc etc.

Then the price they did give me was only good for a ticket with 60 days or less on the round trip....If I wanted to stay longer (6 mos) the basicly doubled the price.....

kinda like car dealers advertising a new car for $6,000....then you find out that does not include the bumpers, tires, engine or transmission, forget about the aircon or stereo system....actual price of car $19,869 with above items included....plus tax, title, and registration.

That is the same way the advertise tickets now days. They have seperated out so many fees and taxes, they can list the ticket at half price, before all the add-ons.....Doing business with anyone for anything just plain sucks anymore...

At least I don't have to worry for awhile....thank goodness I did not buy from asap...which is non-refundable and non-changeable on dates. I have just recovered from the horrible surgery gone wrong which caused me to push back my dates. Well, got hit by a car while on foot Sunday. Will be on the mend again with some broken bones in the foot and hip....So would not have been able to make the dates anyway. Wonder sometimes if someone is trying to tell me something about this trip....maybe I should just forget it....maybe bad things would stop happening to me..hehe

Jim

ashlogcreek

There is another , better route, albeit a bit more expensive. Atlanta to Seoul Korea, to Cebu...This route saves a full day travel. I fly out of Jackson,Ms. to Atlanta on Delta, then fly Korean airlines to Seoul and to Cebu. Also on this route, it's somehow never over booked, and you may get 2 seats to yourself on the long leg, to help with sleep. The trip thru Dallas and Japan to Manila is a more comfortable flight, but i hate the overnight in Manila. Too much time to wait in airport, but not enough time to sleep....hahahaha

Chaz

jim

I stayed at the Swagman about a year ago and it was OK then, poolside rooms in the annex across the road (where the pool and bar are) are good (if that was there 15 years ago).

Edited by Chaz

ayala

ASAP has some good deals even less then 750.00.kayak is a good one also.<br /><br /><br />

<br />Looking to start booking my flights for Nov arrival.....Has anyone ever used ASAP tickets??? They are almost 1/2 price from other booking agencies. I find average price else where for tickets from San Antonio,Tx at about $1,350. ASAP quotes $750.. The only drawback I see so far is no refund, make your flight or forget your money...<br /><br />Had to push back trip on month, due to surgery I just had and on the mend....We will be spending the first few weeks on Luzon, then proceed to Cebu..<br /><br />Also, anyone know condition of Swagman in Manila these days??? Havn't stayed there in over 15 years, but need some place to crash one night after arriving in Manila that also will pick us up at the airport on arrival. Any suggestions of other places....bye the way, I am a low budget person, so don't need anything upscale. <br /><br />Hope to make it out of here this time....have been working hard to get rid of, or place all our parrots, as we raise them, plus our pets. As much as we hated to do it, we gave away our pair of mini dashounds (sp), to lower the number of dogs to deal with. Son is taking care of our Blue Healer and German Shep, and a neighbor is taking our two small inside dogs..
Edited by ayala

Cipro

I've used Expedia, Orbitz and Kayak.com

At the present time I just use kayak.com because they always cream everyone else every time I compare.

af_phils

Looking to start booking my flights for Nov arrival.....

...Also, anyone know condition of Swagman in Manila these days??? Havn't stayed there in over 15 years, but need some place to crash one night after arriving in Manila that also will pick us up at the airport on arrival. Any suggestions of other places....bye the way, I am a low budget person, so don't need anything upscale.

jim

Keep in mind that Nov thru mid Jan is peak since that is when most balikbayans go back for holiday and prices go up CONSIDERABLY. Avoid weekend departure and arrival dates also. A good old travel agent can probably do just as well as any of the online sites.

Getting a taxi from the airport is never a problem since there are many autourized taxies always waiting there- for a (mandatory) flat fee for around p350-400 to Ermita if that's where you're going. Unless the hotel has their own shuttle vehicle, a taxi they fetch for you will probably be more than getting one yourself upon arival.

If you're now traveling with the wife, keep in mind the clientele of Swagman- that's unless she's cool with it. The thrice daily non-stop charters to Angeles makes it a bit obvious. You may want to consider a more 'proper' part of town like Makati or Ortigas...

bikerdave

Manila now has yellow airport taxi's they are all brand new the meter starts at 70 and the meter increases 4 peso every 100 or 200 meters A normal taxi from airport to ermita is about 120-150 depending on traffic. I took a yellow cab to swagman and it was 220 roughly a hundred more..........if you're in a rush maybe it;s worth the extra 100

Edited by bikerdave

Rogersea

Manila now has yellow airport taxi's they are all brand new the meter starts at 70 and the meter increases 4 peso every 100 or 200 meters A normal taxi from airport to ermita is about 120-150 depending on traffic. I took a yellow cab to swagman and it was 220 roughly a hundred more..........if you're in a rush maybe it;s worth the extra 100

I have used the new airport taxis in MNL maybe 5 times, I really like them it takes the stress out of dealing with the Manila Taxi Drivers after a long flight.

I would like to find some of those cheap airfares that I always hear about but when we are purchasing 6mos tickets they are always more expensive...

Cheers,

Roger

twostrokes

I ended up booking through Expedia, they had the lowest fare...My wife has an Uncle who will pick her up at the airport upon arrival and take her to her mothers house, so all the other problems go away.. I won't be going, as I had a nasty break in my foot and will be on crutches for at least 6 more weeks, IF they don't have to do surgery and put in pins, which is about a 50/50 shot the doc says. But our grown son is going with her, he wants to see his grandparents one last time. They are old (80's) so it will probably be his last chance to see them before they go.

Tks for all the info everyone.

Jim