IMG International Marketing Group & Kaiser International

Has anyone heard of IMG/International Marketing Group? Supposedly they're a Philippines affiliate of WFG/World Financial Group. IMG sells term life insurance from CocoLife and others, health insurance through something called Kaiser International (which is another company I'd like more information on: it sounds similar to, but doesn't seem to be associated with, Kaiser Permanente) and others, mutual funds though PhilEquity and others.

They give free financial advisory seminars to try to provide average Filipinos with a sound financial education and help them to acquire enough wealth, over time, so that they can retire comfortably as well as provide for their families if something happens to them. Things like calculating one's personal financial responsibility to one's family, how much insurance is required to meet their health care needs and provide for them if you die early, how to invest extra money so that you can accumulate enough streams of passive income that you can eliminate the insurance later on, building sound personal financial habits: paying yourself first by saving then paying expenses afterward, getting out of debt, that sort of thing.

Are these (IMG and Kaiser Int'l) legitimate companies, or scams?

Bob Ward

99% of those free seminars (no matter where you are in the world) are there for no other purpose than to separate you from your cash. The seminar they provide, many times with a meal, is free, but their services are not. Fair enough, but that is the fact. Most of them don't give to shits about helping people, they just want you to invest in their programs.

It doesn't matter if they are legit or not to some degree. The nature of the beast itself is what you must look out for. It was posted here recently where an expat went to one of these free seminars. When he tried to share a contrasting point of view, he was ushered to the door. Beware of this type of scenario.

My best friend in the US did this sort of thing for years and was very successful. That's because he took 8% of each investment in the way of commissions and advisory fees.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, I've found that 1) IMG is an authorised agent of PhilEquity mutual funds, 2) Kaiser International is an accepted health insurance provider at Cebu Doc, but 3) IMG isn't associated in any way with WFG. I think IMG may be legit, at least as legit as any MLM company is, and is just patterned after WFG rather than being a child company thereof.

Channel 28 on SkyCable.

This means what, exactly? (I don't watch TV nor own one.)

This means what, exactly? (I don't watch TV nor own one.)

The channel is operated/sponsored by IMG. Damn man! Shame on you for not owning a TV!

JohnFromTexas

Kaiser offers major health care plans here in the US -- good ones last I heard -- not sure if they are the same company. They are a major company not a fly by night that's about all I could tell ya ;)

• 3 weeks later...

IMG is managed by mormons, for what it's worth. The first few seminars are free and the information is quite good. The "scam" to separate people from their money is to get them to buy life insurance and health insurance. Also, they encourage people to register to sell insurance to people they know(MLM of it all).

Once you look at their rates and what other people are charging, you realize that it really isn't a scam, just a way to sell insurance.

IMG is managed by mormons, for what it's worth. The first few seminars are free and the information is quite good. The "scam" to separate people from their money is to get them to buy life insurance and health insurance. Also, they encourage people to register to sell insurance to people they know(MLM of it all).

Once you look at their rates and what other people are charging, you realize that it really isn't a scam, just a way to sell insurance.

Lol! They are not mormons. I think it is not a scam, if it is a scam, it should have already been shutdown 13 years ago. Hehehe!

I think this is a very good company and best business oppurtunity since they partnered with Ayala Land, Crown Asia, PhilEquity Management, Philam Asset Management, First Asset Metro, Cocolife, Malayan Insurance, MAA, Generali Pilipinas, Kaiser, Intellicare. These are big Financial Instituions in the Philippines. They will not partner if they know that it is just a fly by night operation. They charge same price rates even you go direct with their partner companies.

IMG uses and outsourcing and distribution type of system. Major companies now adays are into cost cutting that is why outsource distribution is very helpful in the economy just to cut cost.