Starting and Internet Business in Cebu September 8th

They speak English in England? :shocked:

I think nowadays it's considered Speaking British. I've seen my share of 'B' Rated movies including that of all the Science Fiction samples that always have British accented actors portray the more advanced alien race.

So if everything you see on TV is supposed to be real, all Britsh people are from outer space. <_<

Mark is a good friend of mine and I meant that as an inside joke. But the Brits are used to a different sort of humor and sometimes miss the finer points of US wit. Many of my friends here are British and I meant no dig against them.

BigRob is a new friend! Once you meet him, you gotta love the guy! He's an equal opportunity offender. :D :D :D

Lostgringo, I know you will still read this. :-) There will always be nay sayers and those who will have every reason on the planet not to do this business or that. When you break through the bullshit, there are some pearls of wisdom there regardless.

The truth is that the people who are successful at it are not going to share their information and flood their market further. It's only natural.

Truth be told, there is no reason to move here in order to start a business of that nature. In fact it's better done online as you don't have the hassles in dealing with direct employees, graft and bureaucratic red tape. But that's your choice.

PM me and we will set up a meet.

Edited by Bob Ward
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lostgringo

• D_D

• Bob Ward

• Penguin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little update on my situation. I am now living in Angeles City. I will be starting my business in 2 weeks. I will be working out of a call center at the Clark Freeport Zone.

I will be dong SEO for a friend of mine here and will be getting the use of his brand new call center complete the 30 computers and a T1 Internet connection. Most people did not understand what I am trying to accomplish. Besides doing SEO for my self I am going to be outsourcing my services. The outsourcing will pay my staff and help me with the funds to develop over 50 domains that I own and other websites I own that need a little tweaking. I have access to 30 computers in this call center. I will have my staff working a night shift. That is the only drawback.

If all goes well in the days ahead I want to have 30 people working on those computers. Naturally I will either have to pay for our seats at the call center or do massive campaigns for my friend. I have been having allot of good responses for persons wanting to take an apprenticeship program I am offering. I have success in hiring a number of very good English speaking persons some whom are English teachers. These persons will be my key people. I have offered wages that are very competitive with call centers in this area. I have offered full benefits and bonuses.

Now imagine if you will that just 10 of my team:

1. Create just 10 emails each

2. Each one creates 1 Squidoo lens with specific keywords

3. Each one creates 10 High PR Blogs

4. Each one (uses a proxy) and post/answers questions in Yahoo Answers

5. Each one posts comments on 10 high PR forums using keywords in just forums..with DO FOLLOW LINK

6. Each person submits a customer's website to 10 High PR blogs with a DO FOLLOW LINK

7. Each person submits the website to a link directory with high PR for a ONE WAY - DO FOLLOW LINK

8. Pictures are created for the client and keywords are are used to describe the pictures..they are submitted to 20 different photo hosting sites like Flickr for example.

9. A video is created and submitted to at least 15 high PR sites that host videos like Youtube and so on

10. All blogs have RSS feeds implemented and all blogs are DO FOLLOW! Yes even Blogspot can be made into a DOFOLLOW blog. Blogs when done must be Pinged!

12. All of the team starts making comments on each other's blogs and Squidoo lenses

13. Each blog and Squidoo lens is created in such a way as to maximize Google "link juice"

14. Each member will Bookmark each blog to over 15 high PR BM sites

Note that a press release will be created and submitted to 10 top ranking sites

Note that an article will be created and submitted to over 10 different high PR sites.

RINSE AND REPEAT! RINSE AND REPEAT! RINSE AND REPEAT! RINSE AND REPEAT!

Once my people are trained this entire process should only take 2 days. Remember folks all of this is done using specific keywords.

Could you get this kind of work done in India? How much would it cost in the US? What is more important is the quality of the work and the special way I link all of this together! No I am not going to share that with anyone only my team.

But imagine the power in all of this. We had a customer last year who wanted his keywords ranked well with Google. In3 days we were able to occupy all 9 out of 10 positions on the 1st page in a Google search.

THERE ARE OTHER THINGS WE WILL BE DOING BUT I AM NOT PREPARED TO SHARE THE WHOLE PROCESS. IMAGINE THE POWER IN THIS SEO WHEN I UNLEASH A TEAM OF 30 WELL TRAINED "SEO CONTENT WRITERS." That's what I am trying to do here in the Philippines. Now you know the whole story. Will I succeed? Well let's face it folks the odds are against me here in the Philippines. However, I am still prepared to forge ahead and give it a go.

Could you get this kind of work done in India? How much would it cost in the US?

We had a customer last year who wanted his keywords ranked well with Google. In3 days we were able to occupy all 9 out of 10 positions on the 1st page in a Google search.

Now you know the whole story. Will I succeed? Well let's face it folks the odds are against me here in the Philippines. However, I am still prepared to forge ahead and give it a go.

Yeah I think you can also do that in India. Yes it would cost a lot in the US.

What was the keyword you topped google with for your customer ? How long did you stay on top ? Where is your position today ? What was the ROI ?

I am happy to see you are at the Stage 1

The googlebot has been going through many new iterations in the last few months. Many of the previously devised linking schemes, white or black hat, have been identified and neutralized or seriously degraded in effectiveness. Douglas' questions are very pertinent in knowing the long term effectiveness of you plan. Many linking strategies will show good short term effectiveness, but most don't stand the test of time. The googlebot learns more every day and is probably one of the preeminent AI platforms in the world. It's not easy to fool him long term.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is an interesting read. I am thinking to locate my "company" in a trade zone and take advantage of the cheap labor. I will do Internet marketing so I have less need to computer techs but I certainly do need people who can write in Engrish!

If I were looking for labor there with writing skills, besides the sources already mentioned, I would look at offering apprenticeship programs to journalism students.

Also unconventional sources: look for people who run their own blogs and write well now: Friendster, Facebook pages. Mail-order-bride and penpal listings...

You have to offer benefits? Bummer. I want to keep it to a salary and let them take care of their medical. I suppose there are insurance programs that can be had.

Would appreciate knowing what kind of visa you are using.

Hey lostgringos,

how is Angeles going for you? Get all 30 seats filled?

I know you from another forum.

Edited by bkdubs

I have been an IT pro since 1977.

Your plans seem too ambitious and based on what you want to have (staff, home, computers) and not on a coherent business plan. You should be able to make by yourself. Once you have positive or break even cash flow then you add people who as their labor will increase your profits, market share, or cash flow overall.. I also think you should be sure you can make money at home doing it. If you know what you are doing, you can get it started where you are now without new expenses. And, as an earlier commenter suggested, look at the bboards specific to the technical area. I have a colleague in Boston who has worked with Filipino staff now for years without ever leaving the US.

-Chris