Starting and Internet Business in Cebu September 8th

IT people generally do not have the writing skills to be content writers. Top notch content wrirters are communications professionals. Lostgringo the number of typos and poor english in your posts suggests you will need to buy in the necessary writing and editing skills. Of the contributors to this site Markham is the best writer I have seen. Perhaps you could engage him as a consultant. The woman I employed to manage web content at my workplace would rather be burnt at the stake than get caught out with a typo or grammatical error.

Edited by loosehead
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lostgringo

• D_D

• Bob Ward

• Penguin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not try posting/contacting this site www.batangyagit.com the site is maintained by Winston Almendras who is a SEO practitioner and he is also doing an internet SEO tutorials. However, he is based in Makati?! and not Cebu

It would cost me too much to outsource at this juncture. Maybe once the domains are developed. Many are going to flipped.

No, it will cost you much less to outsource, that's the entire purpose of outsourcing, costing you less money.

Your English isn't that great and even you had problems with the content produced before. I can only assume that your content will always have problems and going to Bangalore means that you'll get Indian content.

I will reiterate, if you want quality content, your only choices are either a well qualified Filipino or a native English writer. A well qualified Filipino will need to be paid 20k to 25k per month, plus all the benefits. Their production capacity won't be what you expect because a) they don't have a wide breadth of knowledge, b)they haven't had their writing BS skills honed in the American school system and c) they have the high job level attitude.

I tried to do what you were doing when I was in Cebu for some of my overflow content and I just couldn't find any decent, qualified Filipinos willing to do extra work for 50 centavos a word. In fact, I couldn't even find less qualified people willing to do it for 50 centavos a word. FYI, you can find quality native English writers on the net for 1 penny a word and that's what I did.

Let's see now, where does an idiot SEO guy start who has poor English writing skills in this thread.?

First, I did say "I am not looking for advice on how to run a business in Cebu and so on." You guys can read English correct?

looshead: You said "Lostgringo the number of typos and poor English in your posts suggests you will need to buy in the necessary writing and editing skills." Thanks for you input and for letting me know you are and educated writer.

Penquin: You said, "Your English isn't that great and even you had problems with the content produced before." Same thing with you, thanks for the your input and trying show your English writing skills are better than mine. Whatever.

I never had problems editing content in terms of "my" skills. The problem was that I had to edit say 20 blogs, posts in forums and so on all day and ever day! These kind of posts etc., have to have good English as you are trying to sell a product and so on.

On the other hand, I have always felt that writing on forums like this was not like writing a formal letter or posting for the purpose of SEO. I often see spelling and grammar mistakes others make on forums like this..so what? I guess I have really have to watch myself with you guys.

Just to set the record straight I used to grade papers for Masters students at my University! Suffice it to say, there is a time and place for everything...IMHO. Sorry to say, you guys are really petty and anal about my writing skills in this thread and what I want to achieve with SEO in the Philippines.

Elinel out of all the posts here and all the "reviews" you are the only who has been generous enough to actually offer your help. Thanks Elinel for being kind enough to go out of your way to help me without being condescending.

Franco

Ever heard of SPi Technology?

It is one of the biggest outsourcing company in the Philippines, it's located at Paranaque Metro Manila near Ninoy Aquino Int'l airport.

My daughter works there in Graphic Design, likewise my SIL is in Publishing (Journals) & Design.

I hope this info be a help.

thanks but I do not want to outsource. I want to have my own team doing this. thanks anyway.

Franco

ok. no problem. :huh: Good luck also.

MattFromGA

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I've been busy dealing with my own biz. Anyway, seeing you're not concerned with English skills, productivity or background, your best bet for employees is in an area of Cebu called Colon or Carbon. If you go around 7 to 10pm you will find many filipinos willing to work for as little as 70 pesos a day. I think you might find some loyal employees there if you paid with "shabu" rather than pesos.

Given you range of acceptable employee, I think you'll do just fine here. Welcome to... "The Philippines".

Of the contributors to this site Markham is the best writer I have seen.

But Lostgringo clearly specified that he needed content written in English. :P Mark is from the UK. :P:lol: :lol:

But Lostgringo clearly specified that he needed content written in English. :P Mark is from the UK. :P:lol::lol:

Bob, I know you've only made a fleeting visit to the UK umteen years ago so I'll forgive you for forgetting that English is named after England - the country that is one of the constituent parts of the UK!

As for Kevin's suggestion - and kind words for which, thank you Kevin - I rather doubt Lostgringo could afford my hourly rate!

They speak English in England? :lol:

I think nowadays it's considered Speaking British. I've seen my share of 'B' Rated movies including that of all the Science Fiction samples that always have British accented actors portray the more advanced alien race.

So if everything you see on TV is supposed to be real, all Britsh people are from outer space. :P

if you paid with "shabu" rather than pesos.

Shabu is illegal, you know that. :shocked:

Are you a pusher or a user?

You are a very bad influence to the filipino society! <_<

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I've been busy dealing with my own biz. Anyway, seeing you're not concerned with English skills, productivity or background, your best bet for employees is in an area of Cebu called Colon or Carbon. If you go around 7 to 10pm you will find many filipinos willing to work for as little as 70 pesos a day. I think you might find some loyal employees there if you paid with "shabu" rather than pesos.

Given you range of acceptable employee, I think you'll do just fine here. Welcome to... "The Philippines".

Well said.

I am often reminded of remarkable people I have met. Not by their wealth, appearance, whit or intelligence. Those remarkable men that impress me the most are the ones who are humble. To be humble is a virtue and in my opinion the greatest virtue of them all.

Clearly we have some people here who have allot of time on their hands. I like the saying, "hire a teenager while they still know everything." But that kind of applies to most of the posters here on this thread...there are few exceptions of course. Nuff said. Oh yes, my spelling ...sorry to the anal savants here lol.

I won't bother with this thread anymore as it is waste of my time.

Good Day,

Franco