Starting and Internet Business in Cebu September 8th

Also I don't necessarily want fluent English speakers...I need persons who are fluent English speakers who can writer really well. A degree and a few years experience in journalism is a bonus or as a editor for a magazine etc. Most of my SEO consists of writing and it's useless for me to train people who are not excellent writers.

Franco

I have a lot of comments here, but I'll just make one right now. The price of content is dirt cheap these days and if you are interested in well written content, you'd better luck finding cheap, good content in the US than in the Philippines. Those who are educated enough to write good content have no problem finding jobs in call centers and management level positions. And with the productive capacity of a typical filipino worker, you might end up with less content for same price.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lostgringo

• D_D

• Bob Ward

• Penguin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like everybody is shitting in the same hole these days. Wonder how long it will take until it is full.

./

When linking your site in your Signature from other sites with high PR ( LinC is only a PR 1 ), you should use the keywords as your anchor text: for example: Apartments Bogota Colombia and Accommodation Bogota Colombia

You have a long way to go to be able to develop a domain like bestofthebestseo... to be honest.. that is a crap domain is you want to be a respected SEO guru !

Yep, but he doesn't have a long way to go to get small businesses that have no idea about SEO to give them their money. There are too many gurus out there who think they know it all and they are just taking the money of unsuspecting businesses.

Anyways, it pays to be educated. there's money to be made fixing other people's problems.

Hello Sir,

I am an expat from California and I am seeking employment here in Cebu City in which I live full time.

I believe I possess the skill sets which align for a copy writer.

I have sent you an email inclusive of my resume on your gmail account.

Thanks and have a good day.

Max

Anything is possible. I do this every day for a living, it's not that easy and the market is a mess.

I have to agree with Bob, I have been working in this field and doing nicely for over 10 years but these days, it's getting to so that every I.T graduate is an SEO/SEM expert. Don't know about the US but in europe there are people offering SEO services who are paid by keyword..whats funny is that the client has no clue to the relationshiip between high traffic generating keywords as opposed to being on the first page of the serps for a rubbish keywords. I can't remember the site but I do recall reading about some guy in Phil that he is a MASTER of SEO.

Anyways, someone here did say you can run a nice SEO/SEM business if you have x number of clients..treat them well and you will make a nice living but for me I am tired of it and prefer to make money where I do not have to interact with customers. You can find lots of content writers on many freelance websites for those of you who need them. Best of luck.

I would consider myself a PC expert. This would include many versions of all software that run on the PC. The techs that I have hired with a college education fail a simple test that I have any techs take prior to hiring.

Some simple questions that I will ask:

What is HTTP?

What is TCP?

The difference between a static and dynamic IP?

What is front bus speed?

Why is a front bus speed important?

What is the difference between DDR and DDR2 ram?

Why is an PCI E graphics card better then AGP card?

Why is Windows vista a better operating system the windows XP as for performance?

Yeesh, I've been in IT full time since the mid '90s and was the "office computer guy" long before that, and I don't even know the answers to some of these questions- the hardware ones particularly. I've never been much of a gamer and have been using laptops exclusively for a few years, and I feel that if one works OK for me, then I don't care if it has the latest and greatest hardware or not.

The last question is a bit subjective though, isn't it? I don't think Vista with Aero is all that great of a performer compared to XP, both running on somewhat legacy hardware (i.e. a system that was built at around the time Vista was released), though I understand what you're getting at with systems that are optimized for Vista as most newer ones are. In any even, I've found that Linux outperforms them all- pity Linux doesn't have apps that do everything I need to do.

USMC-Retired
Yeesh, I've been in IT full time since the mid '90s and was the "office computer guy" long before that, and I don't even know the answers to some of these questions- the hardware ones particularly. I've never been much of a gamer and have been using laptops exclusively for a few years, and I feel that if one works OK for me, then I don't care if it has the latest and greatest hardware or not.

The last question is a bit subjective though, isn't it? I don't think Vista with Aero is all that great of a performer compared to XP, both running on somewhat legacy hardware (i.e. a system that was built at around the time Vista was released), though I understand what you're getting at with systems that are optimized for Vista as most newer ones are. In any even, I've found that Linux outperforms them all- pity Linux doesn't have apps that do everything I need to do.

The guy I hired looked and me and said I do not know but I am willing to learn. I could not hire him fastest enough. He would now run circles around any college tech I could have ever hired.

Diver...I haven't looked at that website for a long time. I just has someone do some work on it in February. You are right on about the title being too long and the website being too small in terms of pages. The whole site could us an overhall in terms of on page optimization. But tell me did you find anything good about it? Did you Google any of the keywords? I originally did the keyword analysis on that site 5 years ago and haven't really went over it. I have been so busy with Blogs, Bookmarking, Squidoo lenses, RSS feeds, Pinging and so many other things.

www.bestofthebestseo.com was a name I thought up when I was having a pint. I only thought i would use that for Google adsense and nothing more..maybe some affiliate stuff and look for some nice long tailed keywords.

Now go easy on the Martha thing. She is a sweetheart of mine in Bogota...fighting words...lol.

My expertise is off page optimization. Quality content in blogs, forums, one way, do follow links and so on.

You can give me shit website and I could get it on the 1st page of Google with my blogs and stuff. Give me a pitch page and I can likely do the same. Yes this does depend on the keywords and the competition. But on page optimization plays a small role in getting SERPS nowadays.

Yes on page op is good for ranking in the long run and having a "go to" website is important. Thanks for taking the time to evaluate www.welovebogota.com and www.apartmentinbogota.com... Mighty kind of you. You were being kind weren't you?

Maybe we could meet for coffee sometime and talk SEO. If you think I have anything useful to say that is?

Franco

Anyway I did not want to get into a pizzing match here. I only posted for help in terms of hiring people. I started a Computer Group in Dumaguete before I left for Canada. I would like to start one in Cebu once I am established. Just a get together now and then...everyone welcome mainly to discuss computer related stuff. Is there a group like this already in Cebu?

Franco

Diver...I haven't looked at that website for a long time. I just has someone do some work on it in February. You are right on about the title being too long and the website being too small in terms of pages. The whole site could us an overhall in terms of on page optimization. But tell me did you find anything good about it? Did you Google any of the keywords? I originally did the keyword analysis on that site 5 years ago and haven't really went over it. I have been so busy with Blogs, Bookmarking, Squidoo lenses, RSS feeds, Pinging and so many other things.

www.bestofthebestseo.com was a name I thought up when I was having a pint. I only thought i would use that for Google adsense and nothing more..maybe some affiliate stuff and look for some nice long tailed keywords.

Now go easy on the Martha thing. She is a sweetheart of mine in Bogota...fighting words...lol.

My expertise is off page optimization. Quality content in blogs, forums, one way, do follow links and so on.

You can give me shit website and I could get it on the 1st page of Google with my blogs and stuff. Give me a pitch page and I can likely do the same. Yes this does depend on the keywords and the competition. But on page optimization plays a small role in getting SERPS nowadays.

Yes on page op is good for ranking in the long run and having a "go to" website is important. Thanks for taking the time to evaluate www.welovebogota.com and www.apartmentinbogota.com... Mighty kind of you. You were being kind weren't you?

Maybe we could meet for coffee sometime and talk SEO. If you think I have anything useful to say that is?

Franco

I am sorry I thought it was a current site of yours since it was in your sig. The text volume is good since there are 861 words on the page. The source code of the page is perfect.

Yeah I have bought thousands of domains while I as drunk.. some I of course woke up the next looking at my credit card and regretted... a few I was very happy with and doubt I could of thought of them if I was sober.

I am sure Martha will alwasys have a special place in your heart but I did'nt think it was needed for the SE's to crawl.

If you know a lot of about SEO you should be very careful who you teach. Most of the workers here who worth their weight will leave and work from home or be whoring there newly found talent out on oDesk or some of the other thousands of freelancer sites. There are a lot more who will never absorb anything and be as clueless when they leave as the day they walked in. I am sure you have already experienced this if you ran an office in Dumaguete.

I guess it was to take 5 mins to show you if you are looking for someone to hire I may be the one for the job. But of course like any good seo work it does'nt come cheap. There are very few good SEO guys for hire are Filipino prices. To be honest you would be better off outsourcing all the tasks thank paying for the over head of an office, 13 months pay, medical benefits, security. Do you realize how many paid holidays there are in the Phils.

I don't really drink coffee and am more at ease chatting on SEO forums. I wish you the best of luck with your business and your stay in the Phils.

I am going to conduct my business from my house not from an office. Yes people will end up leaving me. But some will stay especially if I pay them well. Anyway I enjoy teaching and when I do this I also learn. If I cannot get the people I need I will go to Bangalore. It would cost me too much to outsource at this juncture. Maybe once the domains are developed. Many are going to flipped.

Diver why can't I put a "human touch" on my front page? Martha happens to be my partner and she rents out the condos. Makes perfect sense to me.

Franco

"I have a lot of comments here, but I'll just make one right now. The price of content is dirt cheap these days and if you are interested in well written content, you'd better luck finding cheap, good content in the US than in the Philippines. Those who are educated enough to write good content have no problem finding jobs in call centers and management level positions. And with the productive capacity of a typical filipino worker, you might end up with less content for same price."

Truer words were never said...and I'm a sucker for punishment...

post-1665-1251898299_thumb.jpgSCHOOL BUS IN JAPAN

post-1665-1251898031_thumb.jpg

SCHOOL BUS IN INDIA

post-1665-1251898087_thumb.jpg

But where did you call when you have a technical problem with your computer?

Japan or India?

Edited by Lostgringo
Diver why can't I put a "human touch" on my front page? Martha happens to be my partner and she rents out the condos. Makes perfect sense to me.

Franco

Well I was thinking since humans are not the ones spidering the meta data... but then agian Google Bots are getting smarter and smarter every day thinking even smarter than humans. So mayber you are right.

Well I was thinking since humans are not the ones spidering the meta data... but then agian Google Bots are getting smarter and smarter every day thinking even smarter than humans. So mayber you are right.

But diver aren't humans the ones that "read" what is on the website? I mean if the website and the text written is not appealing you kind of shoot yourself in the foot! IMHO

Well I guess I am not going to find any suggestions where to actually find help in Cebu from anyone on this forum or at least this particular thread. I will poke around on my own. I actually have two people already and they are helping me.

Franco