Expat's Fishing Boat Attacked by Philippine Officials

Not sure why so many think Mr Stirm is European as he is just an American that sounds weird ? Anyway , for those interested i would recommend the following blog link for updates on this story .

http://junglejil.blogspot.com/search/label/Randy%20Stirm

It would appear , however , that Mr Stirm ( or his attorney )has a sense of humor based on the last paragraph of the update page . :-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishfart1

• shadow

• Jay

• retired

tom_shor
I am primarily addressing the issue of right or wrong in the taking of his boat and livelihood, not his behavior on the pier or in the video.

T

To me it seems there are many unanswered questions about this incident. I don't know Randy or any of the officials involved in this so it is difficult to just state from the evidence presented who is right and who is wrong. I know that right or wrong at this point the officials involved will go to great lengths to win this or risk losing a great deal of face. One of the other posters said it already. Even if you are right you embarass a filipino publicly at your own risk. Especially if they are someone of importance.

http://junglejil.blogspot.com/search/label/Randy%20Stirm

It would appear , however , that Mr Stirm ( or his attorney )has a sense of humor based on the last paragraph of the update page . :-)

Yeah funny :)

Ummm, but wont Randy and his attorney have to make the same 8 hour trip??

Might be funny the first time. Lets see how his sense of humour holds up after the 5 or 6th trip