22" LCD monitor

Greetings:

I am in the market, well, browsing anyway, for a 22" LCD monitor.

I currently have a 19", but am in need of adding another. So, what brand would you folks buy here, if it were your decision?

AOC? Viewsonic? Mag?

Greetings:

I am in the market, well, browsing anyway, for a 22" LCD monitor.

I currently have a 19", but am in need of adding another. So, what brand would you folks buy here, if it were your decision?

AOC? Viewsonic? Mag?

Try one first. I had a 17 and a 19 which are more or less square and the new one I got is a 22 which is the new long shape and I am thinking of going back to the old one because I have to keep grabbing the edge of things like forums and spreading them out. The old square ones displayed better IMO.

Try one first. I had a 17 and a 19 which are more or less square and the new one I got is a 22 which is the new long shape and I am thinking of going back to the old one because I have to keep grabbing the edge of things like forums and spreading them out. The old square ones displayed better IMO.

I hadn't thought of that. The one thing that is on my mind, though, is the fact that my vision isn't as good as it once was.

Dang, I hate gettin' older.

http://openpinoy.com/shop/step1.php?number...19&sm_cdoe=

Nice price on this one....... Add 500 pesos for shipping

K O R E A N Made?

USMC-Retired
I hadn't thought of that. The one thing that is on my mind, though, is the fact that my vision isn't as good as it once was.

Dang, I hate gettin' older.

K O R E A N Made?

Chinese

I just bought a wide-screen 22" Benq from a shop in SM Cyberzone for around 9,500 Pesos. It was about 4,000 cheaper than a similar Samsung. I like it because it has a matt case rather than shiny, which I find very distracting. Very happy with it.

I've been using AOC no problems so far its about 2yrs old I would probably buy another one

I just bought a wide-screen 22" Benq from a shop in SM Cyberzone for around 9,500 Pesos. It was about 4,000 cheaper than a similar Samsung. I like it because it has a matt case rather than shiny, which I find very distracting. Very happy with it.

That is a very nice looking display.

I got the HP w2207h, very nice :)

Where did you buy your HP w2207h?

David_LivinginTalisay

My LCD Panel Monitor that I bought in Hong Kong back in 1998 stopped working. I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 632NW for Php5,500 in the meantime.

Thinking Tools checked out my LCD panel and determined it to be just the DC PSU that was faulty. So get a new 12V DC Regulated PSU with the required current rating and it should be operational again.

If I wanted to buy a bigger LCD Monitor, I would go for one with HDMI Digital interface as my PC Video Card has 2 x HDMI outputs.

A Monitor that can be used in Portrait Mode, as well as wide screen Landscape mode might be useful if a lot of time is spent reading documents, rather than watching Movies

This Samsung 245T is 24", so bigger than you were looking for

(having said that it is not the SIZE that matters but the RESOLUTION!)

How many PIXELS in Width and Height?

Do you want this just for PC or for watching Blue-Ray HD Movies ? If the latter, you need 1080 capability (Full High Definition) for maximum quality (but this will mean going for bigger TV screen)?

HD HO FHD WDXGA/FHCH

[1366X768] [1600X9001 [1920X1080] [2048X1152]

WXGA+ WSXGA+ WUXGA WCXGA

[1440X900] [1680X1050] [1920X1200 [2560X1600]

SXGA

[1280X1024)

LCD Panel Technology Explained

There are many different panel technologies used in the production of LCD monitors. They range from budget TN panels to expensive, professional quality S-IPS and S-PVA panels. The average consumer usually has no idea what panel technology is used in their LCD. In fact, many power users are also unaware, simply because the panel type is rarely listed by the manufacturer in the monitor specifications. Many users buy monitors based on price and size. Price should be a factor, but you should still know the advantages and disadvantages of the different LCD panel types and be able to identify them before you decide which LCD to purchase.

Read more

navbits_start.gif PinoyExchange > The Digital World > Technology Today navbits_finallink_ltr.gif LCD Monitors

I don't know about TN panels, T series, or B Series. I'm not familiar.

I'm eyeing the Samsung 22" Monitor:

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/samsung_226BW

Is this ok for Graphics?

post_old.gif Jun 26, 2008, 10:17 PM #5

BlueTear

shivering solitude Join Date: Jul 2001 Location: QC Phils/Carson CA Samsung is the way to go! post_old.gif

Jun 27, 2008, 09:13 AM #9

rhk111 Son of Boltok The Rapist Join Date: Nov 2000 Location: The Borg Here's my blog containing the 22" AOC Monitor that I bought, which seems to have similar specs to the Samsung 22" LCD Monitor mentioned above:

* Poor Man's LCD TV

post_old.gif

Jun 27, 2008, 10:16 PM #10

FBI

true); Member Join Date: Oct 2004 I found this LCD screen technical test. Find out how your LCD monitor performs:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Samsung SyncMaster 245T Monitor with HDMI

Samsung

has announced a flagship monitor in the Korean market for graphics

professionals and photographers. The 24-inch LCD display is an

expensive machine with all the high end specs money can buy. Plus it

boasts some innovative technologies such as Motion Picture Acceleration

to improve image quality and a unique picture-by-picture mode that

supports multi-window applications by splitting the screen into two

parts. It comes with 1920 X 1200 resolution, 300cd/m2 brightness,

1500:1 contrast ratio, 6ms response time, 178/178 degrees viewing

angle, and HDMI. The SyncMaster 245T is now available in Korea for

about $1,115.

samsung_245t-8.jpg

Samsung Launches New Range of LCD Monitors with Sleek Styles and

samsung_2263dx.jpg

The Samsung 2263DX is an interesting concept! The rather normal 22″ LCD monitor is tagged along by an additional 7″ LCD monitor that has a decent pixel format of 800 x 480. You can use the 7″ LCD for anything you'd like such as email notification, video conferencing, instant messaging, etc. The 7″ can be located on the left, right or top and is connected via a UbiSync USB connection. Kudos to Samsung for adding a little something extra. Will the additional display improve productivity? We'll see. Maybe it might be used for improved gameplay instead! For instance, if game developers used the extra screen for GPS, status information for engine, robot, self, etc., that might actually improve gameplay. Of course, you'd want to improve the main monitor first since it's really not high-performance.

Source: Samsung

Samsung T190, T220, T240, T260: Touch Of Color LCD Monitors

in LCD Monitor

Samsung T190, T220, T240, T260

Sizes: 19″, 22″, 24″, 26″

Pixel Format:

• 19″: 1440 x 900
  • 22″: 1680 x 1080
  • 24″: 1920 x 1200
  • 26″: 1920 x 1200

Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1 (dynamic)

Response Time: 2ms GTG (T190, T220), 5ms (T240, T260)

Input: HDMI (T240, T260)

Power Consumption: 0.3 watts at standby

Availability: Now (T190, T220), End of July 2008 (T240, T260)

Pricing: $259 (T190), $359 (T220), $499 (T240), $599 (T260)

samsung_tseries.jpg

Samsung announced on April 23, 2008 the launch of its Touch of Color (TOC) line of LCD monitors: T190, T220, T240, and T260. They have a minimalist design, a deep ruby red infusion, and a glossy piano-black finish. From the picture, the TOC design looks very nice. But I prefer a different color: blue. By introducing a color, Samsung has put itself into a position of having to introduce more color varieties in the future. Not good or bad, just pressure.

The 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for a LCD monitor is pretty impressive. I really do hope that Samsung puts in a Super PVA LCD panel into the T240 and T260 models. That might not happen as the price of the 24″ T240 is very aggressive. Very aggressive pricing almost always equal TN+Film technology. We can expect street prices to be found at much lower than $499 for the T240 at the end of July.

Samsung T220HD: 22″ LCD TV

by Jin on June 1, 2008

in LCD Monitor, LCD TV

Samsung T220HD

Size: 22″

Aspect Ratio: 16:10

Brightness: 300 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 (static), 10,000 (dynamic)

Response Time: 5ms

Viewing Angle: 170/160 (CR >10)

Input: HDMI (2), DVI-D, VGA, Composite, Component

Power Consumption: 58W (operational), <2W (standby)

Dimension:

w/stand: 20.47 x 17.38 x 8.46″

w/o stand: 23.66 x 21.34 x 6.14

Weight: 13.6lbs

samsung_t220hd.jpg

Samsung's T220HD is the result of some hybrid work that the industry has been conducting. What is that hybrid work? Brands such as Samsung is incorporating 22″ LCD monitor panels into LCD TVs. You would assume that TVs would sport either a 1366 x 768 or 1920 x 1080 pixel format, in general. But this one is special, unique, or weird: 1680 x 1050.

This pixel format is definitely from the LCD monitor world. So, contrary to the model name of T220HD, it's really not HD. It's a bit more than 720p HD but not quite 1080p HD. You might consider it pseudo-HD.

Will HD content come out well? It depends on how good the video content is to begin and to a large degree how good the video processor is. The specifications seem to suggest that this could be a very decent personal TV. Just don't expect eye poppin' quality from your 40″ LCD TV in your living room.

As a LCD monitor, the T220HD can be an excellent option. With a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1, a fairly fast 5ms and a decent viewing angle of 170/160, the T220HD is one capable LCD monitor, if you choose to use it that way.

Source: Samsung

Samsung 2253LW: 22″ LCD Monitor

by Jin on April 30, 2008

in LCD Monitor

Samsung 2253LW

Size: 22″ (21.6″)

Aspect Ratio: 16:10

Pixel Format: 1680 x 1050

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1, 8000:1 (dynamic)

Response Time: 2ms (Gray to Gray: GTG)

Viewing Angle: 170/160

Input: DVI-D with HDCP, VGA

samsung_2253lw.jpg

Another Samsung 22″ LCD monitor! The 2253LW, similar to the 2243NWX has a superb 8000:1 dynamic contrast ratio specification. Aside the from the size and the limited viewing angle, the two are distinct. For instance, the GTG response time of 2ms for the 2253LW is extremely fast. What this means is that watching motion picture or playing games on it would look fairly good. The DVD-D with HDCP will allow you to watch HD content without a hiccup. Also the design is fairly nice. I am noticing a transparent bar on the bottom of the 2253LW. I wonder what that's for.

Samsung SyncMaster 220TN, 225UW: Video Calls, VoIP Calls

Samsung SyncMaster 220TN

Connectivity: USB (4)

Special Features: Embedded Networking/Video Call Software, Built-in Camera, Microphone, Speaker, PC Not Required

Samsung SyncMaster 225UW

Response Time: 5ms

Connectivity: USB (2), VGA, DVI-D

Special Features: Microsoft Unified Communication ID Management, VoIP Calls via Built-in Camera, Microphone, Speaker, PC Required

AOC 22" 2217V WIDE LCD MONITOR - Brand New!

PHP 11,450.00+PHP 300.00

Samsung 24" LCD Monitor SyncMaster 245T LS24HUCEBQ

Store: shop4usb PHP 66,945.49+PHP 2,396.79

www.villman.com

52. Samsung 2233sw 22in. Widescreen LCD New 22" Widescreen LCD w/ DVI

Promo: FREE 4GB USB or SDHC Card for Cash Payment P 10,488 0% (6 mos) * 53. Samsung 2243SWX 21.5" Widescreen LCD New 21.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Promo: FREE 4GB USB or SDHC Card for Cash Payment P 10,488 0% (6 mos) * 54. Samsung 2253LW 22" Widescreen LCD New 22" LCD Monitor w/ DVI

Promo: FREE 4GB USB or SDHC Card for Cash Payment P 10,998 0% (6 mos) * 56. Samsung 2333SW 23" Widescreen LCD New 23" widescreen LCD monitor w/ DVI

P 11,988 57. Samsung LD220G 21.5" Wide Lapfit LCD Monitor New 21.5" Widescreen LCD

Promo: FREE 4GB USB or SDHC Card for Cash Payment P 11,988 0% (6 mos) * 61. Samsung T220 22in. Touch of Color LCD Monitor New 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Get a Free Samsung 7" Digital Photo Frame for every purchase of Samsung T220 LCD Monitor P 13,998 0% (6 mos) *

9. Samsung T240HD 24in. LCD TV with 2 HDMI (1920x1200 resolution)

New 24" HDTV Widescreen Monitor - looks more like artwork than a high-performance video display. It features revolutionary Crystal Design with 10000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for sharp images. Beautifully designed, the T240HD is unlike any monitor you have ever seen.

FREE: Samsung DVD-F1080 Stylish Portable DVD Player w/ HDMI P 22,998 0% (6 mos) *

I'm watch tv and movies on my 19" Viewsonic. I am about to buy a 14" LCD for viewing documents and web page design. I want the 22" for my box that I'm currently running the 19" on, so I can put the 19" on the other box that will be running Linux (Mint 7). I want to explore Mint for a while and see how I like it. Otherwise, I really don't have to have a monitor. But, I decided that, if I am going to buy one, I am going to buy what I want. Right now, I feel as though a 22" LCD will suite me very well.

I have had an AOC 22" for a couple years now. Works good and has a lot of features you can adjust.

Clarity and response rate is not as good as the higher end brands but is a damn good buy for the buck.

If you're a Windows user, Windows 7 may help with this issue. There is a feature called "snap" that will adjust the open window to either the side or the top of the display. This is to assist lining up side by side documents. The idea is that you drag the toolbar of the open window to the side of the display and Windows 7 will automatically adjust it to fill one-half of the display. Not sure if it addresses your particular concern but thought I would mention it.

If you're a Windows user, Windows 7 may help with this issue. There is a feature called "snap" that will adjust the open window to either the side or the top of the display. This is to assist lining up side by side documents. The idea is that you drag the toolbar of the open window to the side of the display and Windows 7 will automatically adjust it to fill one-half of the display. Not sure if it addresses your particular concern but thought I would mention it.

I appreciate the information. While I am not running Windows 7 yet, I do have that option. Actually, I am in need of an additional monitor. So, that is why I figured I would go ahead and buy another one, but might as well go a bit larger too. Of course, I don't have to have a 22" unit. The 19" monitor I have now is still easy to view. So, it's more of a want than an actual need, I suppose.

MattFromGA

From my own experience, Samsung is one of the best brands on monitors on the market. I'm still using the first LCD I bought, which is a 21" Samsung doing 1600x1200 resolution. I forget exactly when I bought it, but it was around 2003. It survived FedEx shipping to the Philippines too. Still not a single bad pixel, though I do have a dead ant that managed to slip in between the front glass and lcd that i hope dries out and goes away soon.

I had recently bought two gateway 20" wide LCD monitors. Overall they were awesome. The had RCA jacks for direct TV and was a USB hub. I thought it was a great deal at $480 per screen, but one has already gone out (it turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off). The other still works, but I use it as a TV in the bedroom rather than a screen. The Samsung cost me about $1600 back in the day.

I guess the quality of construction is what has allowed the Samsung to keep on ticking over 6 years later, while the gateway takes a dump after just a year or so. If I had a choice between a Samsung versus Benq, I'd take the Samsung any day, even if it was 4k pesos more.

Whatever one you get, get one that supports a rotating display so that you can easy go from landscape to portrait. Web browsing in portrait mode is the best. Widescreen landscape view is only good for movies and totally sucks for web browsing as 99.9% of all web sites will look like crap super wide or will center their content and then show lots of border to the left/right.