Sign in to follow this  
tradjazz

cheapest throw away ticket???

tradjazz

Hello listmates-

Trying to return home to Dipolog again without breaking the bank for a 8 month stay. Since all airlines limit stays to a max of 6 months or less, I plan to follow advice from other listmates and buy a one way with a throw away onward ticket to show the Immigration if they request one (they never have)

My question-what is the cheapest way out of this? Which airline? What destination?

This topic runs to 9 pages already, have skimmed them but not found the answer-What do those of you do who use this method of remaining more than 6 months???

Thanks in advance- Ted

udonthani

My question-what is the cheapest way out of this? Which airline? What destination?

it's Air Asia's Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight. Pretty much always the cheapest, but non-refundable. Website easy to use, print your ticket out and that'll be enough for the airline, immigration, or anybody else that wants to see an onward ticket.

easy44

it's Air Asia's Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight. Pretty much always the cheapest, but non-refundable. Website easy to use, print your ticket out and that'll be enough for the airline, immigration, or anybody else that wants to see an onward ticket.

Yup, I agree. I used one on my return from Bangkok and it cost me P880 a couple of months ago. Last time I checked I think it was up to P1250, still cheap enough to throw away.

http://www.airasia.com/

HTM
Hello listmates-

Trying to return home to Dipolog again without breaking the bank for a 8 month stay. Since all airlines limit stays to a max of 6 months or less, I plan to follow advice from other listmates and buy a one way with a throw away onward ticket to show the Immigration if they request one (they never have)

This topic runs to 9 pages already, have skimmed them but not found the answer-What do those of you do who use this method of remaining more than 6 months???

Thanks in advance- Ted

New Zealand Airlines, ETIHAD, Thai and Lufthansa have 12 months ticket I believe. (Although I use Singapore Airlines 6 months ticket)

Harry

2_little_time
Hello listmates-

Thanks in advance- Ted

You have been given several airlines that have up to a 1 year stay, so your assumption that ALL airlines limit stays to a max of 6 months is flat out wrong.

Also, airlines know the law that passengers flying to the Philippines MUST have a return or onward ticket, so the airlines enforce that rule upon passengers. You will have a hard time even getting on the flight to the Philippines if you can't prove you have a return or onward ticket. The airlines are very strict about this, as they can be penalized for allowing passengers without return/onward tickets to fly to the Philippines. Yes, Philippine Immigration does have the right to see your return/onward ticket, but without it, you probably would have never made it on the flight to the Philippines in the first place.

Markham
New Zealand Airlines, ETIHAD, Thai and Lufthansa have 12 months ticket I believe. (Although I use Singapore Airlines 6 months ticket)

Harry

KLM can be added to that list as can (I believe) its "Sky Team" partner, Northwest; Qatar also has a one-year ticket. Certainly in KLM's case, the airline will guarantee no applicable fare increase for one year but the maximum duration is initially set at 11 months however it can be extended free of charge to one year. Beyond one year you may have to pay extra.

12 month tickets are often (but not always) more expensive than those of a shorter, fixed duration. I always buy my tickets from a consolidator - rather than from a travel agent or the airline direct - and get considerably better fares by so doing.

Mark

samatm

I bought a CathayPacific OPEN 1 yr ticket back to HKG....refundable (less $20 fee) . I just keep the printout with me at all times...in case I need it..... I needed it once at immigration in CEB .. and usually at every airline counter.

loosehead

Yep this is the one my aussie mates use. They tell me it's only US$20 if you book well in advance. The other cheap options involve Cebu Pacific's website which is a bit risky when using an overseas credit card. There is also a very cheap flight Peurto Princessa - Kota Kinabalu but I can't recall the name of the airline.

Edited by loosehead

udonthani

There is also a very cheap flight Peurto Princessa - Kota Kinabalu but I can't recall the name of the airline.

it's Seaair - not exactly sure of the prices of that particular route, but they're not really a budget airline like Air Asia.

that is a very unlikely route and I was amazed when I heard the announcement. I would be surprised if it lasts all that long. After all, Air Asia axed their Bangkok-Kota Kinabalu flight.

hagler
There is also a very cheap flight Peurto Princessa - Kota Kinabalu but I can't recall the name of the airline.

I would be surprised if it lasts all that long. After all, Air Asia axed their Bangkok-Kota Kinabalu flight.

and are about to announce Clark - Jakarta leg. that should be another cheap option

bikerdave

Cebu-pacific promo Ceb-KK 688

tradjazz

Thanks fellows-I will try the AIR ASIA route first. I know that some airlines sell extended stay fares, but usually at double the advertised fares on their promos. I have been offered several one-way tickets already-but wouldn't chance it without a throw away to present.

This must be a real problem for all the pinoys here who are traveling back to the RP because they lost their jobs here. I have found one-way tickets to be as expensive as round trips---$866 in the case of China Air- and the airlines are still charging the "fuel surcharge" although oil is selling for half of what it was a year ago-