Sign in to follow this  
fanboat

Blood Type Option?

fanboat

I noticed when I signed up for the membership I was asked what type blood I have?

I left this blank because I don't know what type blood I have?

Edited by Admin
Deleted unrelated quote and attachment. - Paul

Paul

That option was put there for possible donors. This forum, as well as the Welcome to the Philippines Forum, and a number of Yahoo Groups, are all associated with, and support the SOS_Philippines Yahoo Group.

That group is for urgency listings regarding blood needs around the country. Any member who is willing to donate, typically, will put their blood type in their profile.

If needed, we can contact those members for assistance.

Anyway, it isn't mandatory, as you already know, to put your blood type in. However, considering all the accidents that can happen here, as well as typical health problems, it is advisable for each of us to find out our respective blood types. I was fortunate enough to learn mine way back in middle school, when we had a science project concerning blood types.

HTH

fanboat

Thanks Paul,

I will find out what is my blood type,and will include it on my Bio!

Ps- I saw a pretty bad wreck in the first week I was here.

also,I drove at night time in a down pouring rain last week.

I was lucky not to re-end a tricycad or 2 on the way home

kc8ual
Thanks Paul,

I will find out what is my blood type,and will include it on my Bio!

Ps- I saw a pretty bad wreck in the first week I was here.

also,I drove at night time in a down pouring rain last week.

I was lucky not to re-end a tricycad or 2 on the way home

You can get a blood typing at any hospital laboratory in an hour or so for less the P500.

Mine was stamped on my dog-tags clear as day so I have never had the process performed since basic training.

Hospitals have very small storage facilities for whole blood and the Red Cross has no where near the storage capacity of regional offices in your home country so blood does run out, and without the storage space they cannot even do blood drives or risk wasting pints if they get too many donors.

-Nick

Paul

Do note that, upon attempting to donate, every time, they will check your blood type anyway. Well, every time I have donated, they have always checked my blood type, although I am AB+ and have known it for decades.

Paul

Please look at this thread: Blood Types

fanboat, you even have an option now. :)