Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Tackle Shop in Cebu

DeezNuz
Rob,

Where did you catch that LMB? She's a healthy looking one for sure. I love to catch them thru the ice, when I go Ice Fishing.....It's sort of a rush, to fight them with just your hands and the line....

We have a 4-acre pond at my Pop's place in Sylvania, Georgia. We get some good size bass, catfish and Perch.

When I'm bored, I'll take out the 45 and pop a few rounds at the Beavers and Geese. :lol:

There's nothing like deep fried Goose served up with a side of some Beaver Dumplings! :P

Hey Nick, yeah..Bass would be a fantastic addition. Do you live in Carcar?

Edited by CebuSportFishing

til

Snakehead should go for lures I believe?

kc8ual
Snakehead should go for lures I believe?

Well I just found out yesterday, that the reason the Bass are now on hold, is because some politician in Manila is under the impression that the Large Mouth Bass will eat all of the other fish in the dam. I told the club president to tell him not to worry, because the bass will only eat what it thinks will fit in its mouth, so the big talapia and snakehead are safe. I also said that the bass was smart and not as stupid as the talapia so they will never attack the fry that swim at the overflow so they are safe as well. But I don't think that would help any... Personally, I have never eaten talapia, but I am almost certain that bass tastes 10 times better, grows faster and has more nutritional value then talapia or snakehead and being a predator fish guarantees their survival... They should expect the local Filipinos near the dam to get fat over the next few years from eating a real man's fish. But of course we all know that a politician will never intentionally do anything that is in favor of the betterment of the Filipino people... like the millions of dollars that would be spent on sportfishing in the area over the next few years, the increased income for the locals that would maintain the fisheries in the dam, more financial freedom for those who supply food, drinks and of course worms and a better over all living environment for those living near the dam.

-Nick

DeezNuz

That's terrible.

Our pond in Georgia has Catfish, Perch (Tilapia tastes a bit like Perch) and plenty of Bass. They all thrive very will in a small 4-acre pond.

I think someone needs to make a copy of a Bass Masters tournament and show the politicians here. Then they'll see how much money the species can generate.

By the way, a few of us will be heading to CarCar dam this weekend to see what we can catch for dinner. Anyone want to come along?

Chaz
Yup...the only real sport angler's Tackle Shop in Cebu.

They carry Tomman, Banax, Fire Eagle, Strike Pro, AjiKing and other Asian brands. Really low priced stuff and one of my favorite toy stores and distribute to most of the tackle shops through out the Philippines.

One note...they're hard as hell to find! These big trees are blocking the sign. Coming from Mactan, over the old bridge, after you pass the Monark Caterpillar Dealership, they'll be just about 100 meters on the right.

Also, for a real good price talk to Rainer and tell him, "BigRob said if I give you a hug, you'll give me a discount."

Hey Big Bob, I'm not so sure about giving him a hug :unsure: But that looks a good tackle store. You mentioned elswhere in the forum you run

sports fishing and shark fishing boat trips where you sometimes travel North up the highway. I'm quite interested in both the sport fishing

and the shark fishing, and do have some experience.

Are those closed groups or do you also have room for extra guys to go along? If so what are the costs (giving you the chance for

a plug here) B)

Regards Chaz

DeezNuz
Hey Big Bob, I'm not so sure about giving him a hug :) But that looks a good tackle store. You mentioned elswhere in the forum you run

sports fishing and shark fishing boat trips where you sometimes travel North up the highway. I'm quite interested in both the sport fishing

and the shark fishing, and do have some experience.

Are those closed groups or do you also have room for extra guys to go along? If so what are the costs (giving you the chance for

a plug here) :)

Regards Chaz

Yeah..CebuSportFishing.com is a pet project I started a while ago to help those visitors to Cebu/Philippines. Many people visiting want to go sport fishing during their stay and usually don't know where to start out. Most of the time they end up visiting a local pier and set off with anybody they find.

To make a long story short, I wanted to make sure what happened to me doesn't happen to the short term visitors. Hell, people that visit Cebu want to have fun and do not want to get robbed in a Jeepney, much less not get robbed by one of those people at the piers.

One time, I spent over P30,000 for a local charter (now a competitor) and only caught a 1-inch fish. The charter service I had used couldn't even recommend what gear I should bring nor what type of bait to use. Hell, the boat captain had no clue where to go! A few months later I end up finding out the boat captain was merely a cook for the owners other business.

I spent a quite a sum of money myself, believing any yahoo that owns a boat and tells me that they know where the fish are and how to catch them. All were not telling the truth and just wanted my dollars.

...Sorry for ranting :unsure: ...hehehe

Anyways...It took me over a year to meet the right people and begin to learn about fishing in the different regions. We don't own any boats, we just do the job of getting the guest set up with one of the reputable fishing guides, a fishing lodge for the stay and an experienced boatman. So all they have to do is go fishing and have fun. :D

As for the local crowd, they're always welcome to come on a group outing (not CebuSportFishing related) and just pay their way. Like this one for Carcar, we'll all most likely car pool down or just meet up there. Then head out to the lake to catch some fish (i'll bring the dynamite)... B) just kidding.

Our Shark Fishing trip is coming up in August and if you PM me your e-mail address I can send you the planned itenerary. It encompasses the transportation to the resort, one night stay, boat rental, bait, fuel...and all the other stuff. You'd just need to bring you're own gear and we'll tell you how to set it up for the sharks over here.

They're usually not that big (10-50kilos), but once in a while you may get caught up with a 100+ kilo monster like I saw in Moalboal last year. It was a nice sized Tiger Shark...all the women on the boat (including a few of the men) were scrambling around the deck of the boat screaming like little school girls.

Chaz
Yeah..CebuSportFishing.com is a pet project I started a while ago to help those visitors to Cebu/Philippines. Many people visiting want to go sport fishing during their stay and usually don't know where to start out. Most of the time they end up visiting a local pier and set off with anybody they find.

To make a long story short, I wanted to make sure what happened to me doesn't happen to the short term visitors. Hell, people that visit Cebu want to have fun and do not want to get robbed in a Jeepney, much less not get robbed by one of those people at the piers.

One time, I spent over P30,000 for a local charter (now a competitor) and only caught a 1-inch fish. The charter service I had used couldn't even recommend what gear I should bring nor what type of bait to use. Hell, the boat captain had no clue where to go! A few months later I end up finding out the boat captain was merely a cook for the owners other business.

I spent a quite a sum of money myself, believing any yahoo that owns a boat and tells me that they know where the fish are and how to catch them. All were not telling the truth and just wanted my dollars.

...Sorry for ranting :unsure: ...hehehe

Anyways...It took me over a year to meet the right people and begin to learn about fishing in the different regions. We don't own any boats, we just do the job of getting the guest set up with one of the reputable fishing guides, a fishing lodge for the stay and an experienced boatman. So all they have to do is go fishing and have fun. :)

As for the local crowd, they're always welcome to come on a group outing (not CebuSportFishing related) and just pay their way. Like this one for Carcar, we'll all most likely car pool down or just meet up there. Then head out to the lake to catch some fish (i'll bring the dynamite)... B) just kidding.

Our Shark Fishing trip is coming up in August and if you PM me your e-mail address I can send you the planned itenerary. It encompasses the transportation to the resort, one night stay, boat rental, bait, fuel...and all the other stuff. You'd just need to bring you're own gear and we'll tell you how to set it up for the sharks over here.

They're usually not that big (10-50kilos), but once in a while you may get caught up with a 100+ kilo monster like I saw in Moalboal last year. It was a nice sized Tiger Shark...all the women on the boat (including a few of the men) were scrambling around the deck of the boat screaming like little school girls.

Sounds good I will PM you

fanboat
That's nothing... Ask Ray about one of the club members catching a whale shark a few weeks back down south near Car Car. Out there fishing and snags one by the eye lid... The poor boatman had to free dive down to take the hook out :P Talk about a 250 kilo catch...

Oh, thanks for posting the info Paul... I mentioned the place last year, but forgot to add any more details. This is definietly a great place to hang out on a rainy day.

-Nick

Gee...do them whale sharks eat people???...I was out in fanboat and I jumped in the water too cool off..I did'nt know about them sharks...Nick???

fanboat
Sounds good I will PM you

Chaz...my friend...I live in carcar...can I trade you 10 hambugers for a fishing guide to the lake???

kc8ual
Gee...do them whale sharks eat people???...I was out in fanboat and I jumped in the water too cool off..I did'nt know about them sharks...Nick???

Whale sharks are very gentle and the Philippines is one of the prime locations for a close encounter with them.

Just do not get too close to their mouth or you might get sucked in and don't jump on their tails.

-Nick

kc8ual
Like this one for Carcar, we'll all most likely car pool down or just meet up there. Then head out to the lake to catch some fish (i'll bring the dynamite)... :P just kidding.

Yeah, you almost HAVE to carpool to the dam. Lot of winding roads with sheer drop offs along the way but makes for an interesting trip. The talapia fry should be bountiful this time of year... you will see them staying away from the predator fish (snakehead) by hanging out right at the edge of the spill-over. I wonder how many of them never make it because they get sucked over?

You are going down to Oslob aren't you? Down there you can expect some small sharp-nose seven gills and most likely even some Hammerheads. But you will most likely run into some black tip sharks down there before you get a snag from a hammerheads. But good luck, getting a full-sized hammerhead in breeding season should make for a heck of a fight :P

-Nick

PeteHK
Whale sharks are very gentle and the Philippines is one of the prime locations for a close encounter with them.

Just do not get too close to their mouth or you might get sucked in and don't jump on their tails.

-Nick

DeezNuz
Yeah, you almost HAVE to carpool to the dam. Lot of winding roads with sheer drop offs along the way but makes for an interesting trip. The talapia fry should be bountiful this time of year... you will see them staying away from the predator fish (snakehead) by hanging out right at the edge of the spill-over. I wonder how many of them never make it because they get sucked over?

You are going down to Oslob aren't you? Down there you can expect some small sharp-nose seven gills and most likely even some Hammerheads. But you will most likely run into some black tip sharks down there before you get a snag from a hammerheads. But good luck, getting a full-sized hammerhead in breeding season should make for a heck of a fight :D

-Nick

Originally it was planned for Moalboal...and only started researching Oslob as of recent.

With it being monsoon season and all we've had to cancel/postpone many of our charters. Just too damn dangerous with all this wind.

Cebuned
Originally it was planned for Moalboal...and only started researching Oslob as of recent.

With it being monsoon season and all we've had to cancel/postpone many of our charters. Just too damn dangerous with all this wind.

For those who do know the Tackle Shop, what high end brand names do they carry for rod's and reel's? Do they stock Penn and Okuma?

If you can't get it there and you would like, I'de be glad to try to find any wanted items here Stateside and ship them to you. At no mark up in cost or shipping cost....

Just want to help out.

Tight Lines !

Ned

kc8ual
For those who do know the Tackle Shop, what high end brand names do they carry for rod's and reel's? Do they stock Penn and Okuma?

If you can't get it there and you would like, I'de be glad to try to find any wanted items here Stateside and ship them to you. At no mark up in cost or shipping cost....

Just want to help out.

Tight Lines !

Ned

TCE Tackles is no ordinary centre for fishing tackles. It offers quality products with reliability and high performance coupled with good value for money. We place emphasis on research and development for the betterment of our tackles.

With the great co-operation of our oversea manufacturers such as China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea, we have successfully carried out our continuous efforts in R&D as well as inculcate sense of sportmanship and customer loyalty; and also in strengthening our team of network to enhance the image of our own Malaysia Brands of worldwide quality.

We carry a comprehensive range of our Malaysia's own brands:

Tomman

Fire Eagle

Xpuyu

Ajiking,

Bakau

Lemax

Figo

Tcamp

Ikan Toman

BJ Dive

GL