Mandaue City, Cebu

6014 Philippines

Tel: 032-420-3537

Mob. 0928-776-3243

Website

693.jpg

668.jpg

DeezNuz

Yup...the only real sport angler's Tackle Shop in Cebu.

They carry Tomman, Banax, Fire Eagle, Strike Pro, AjiKing and other Asian brands. Really low priced stuff and one of my favorite toy stores and distribute to most of the tackle shops through out the Philippines.

One note...they're hard as hell to find! These big trees are blocking the sign. Coming from Mactan, over the old bridge, after you pass the Monark Caterpillar Dealership, they'll be just about 100 meters on the right.

Also, for a real good price talk to Rainer and tell him, "BigRob said if I give you a hug, you'll give me a discount."

Edited by CebuSportFishing

Cebuned

Oh man, there must be a GOD ! Only problem for me, there goes 25% of my monthly budget out the window, once we move there.... :any-help:

Matter of fact, Margie & David and I are making our weekly trip down to the mouth of the Connecticut River tonight, where it dumps into Long Island Sound. If the tides are right, maybe I can hook into one of them Cow Strippers ( 50 + pounds ) that like to prowl around the dock there.

I'll never forget the day that I gave my brother in-law a brand new fishing rod, Ugly Stick, with a nice Penn 650 Reel on it. I handed it to him and he took it, then looked at me and asked " What is it ? " I almost died right there....LOL

Cebuned

Not a cow, but a respectable catch, from Long Island Sound, drifting live eels, over an offshore reef.

000_0157.jpg

Cebuned

Same area, same type of fish, Stripper, same fishing technic, only fishing at night instead of day. You can see in the background, just how dark it is out there. GPS, Chart Plotter, and running lights a must! This little girl went 38 lbs.

TonyandNedFishing.jpg

Cebuned

My friend from WIS., on the left, is Steve., And I'm to the right.

Fluke, caught while drifting whole squid w/a silver spinner as a teaser. 60 ft deep, off the Rhode Island Coast in the Atlantic Ocean. Probably my top 5 list of favorite fish to eat ! They are awesome if you take a fillet from one and make a crab meat stuffing to put on the inside. Man, I'm drooling, just thinking of it. If lucky, we might hook into one tonight.

100_1069b.jpg

broden

so ned when's dinner? :any-help:

DeezNuz

Halibut, FLuke, FLounder..Even catfish. I love all bottom feeding fish, tastes great.

Now here in Phil, I usually don't eat the fish because of the way it's prepared. I just can't do boiled, vingered (like in kinilaw) or dried. If it's battered with corn meal and deep fried...pass it on over to me!

Want a good fight, go out at 9PM and fish for OilFish (Species of Snake head cod) here in Phil. Yeah, you're bottom fishing at 300 meters depth, but when you have a 50 kilo monster tugging away at your line and have your 100 pound tuna stick bent in half...it's a great rush!

The guys at the sport fishing club here have been trying to open talks with the Carcar municipality to get Bass stocked at the Dam. I hope it goes through. I do miss fishing for large mouth.

post-5388-1248013841_thumb.jpg

Cebuned
Halibut, FLuke, FLounder..Even catfish. I love all bottom feeding fish, tastes great.

Now here in Phil, I usually don't eat the fish because of the way it's prepared. I just can't do boiled, vingered (like in kinilaw) or dried. If it's battered with corn meal and deep fried...pass it on over to me!

Want a good fight, go out at 9PM and fish for OilFish (Species of Snake head cod) here in Phil. Yeah, you're bottom fishing at 300 meters depth, but when you have a 50 kilo monster tugging away at your line and have your 100 pound tuna stick bent in half...it's a great rush!

The guys at the sport fishing club here have been trying to open talks with the Carcar municipality to get Bass stocked at the Dam. I hope it goes through. I do miss fishing for large mouth.

post-5388-1248013841_thumb.jpg

Rob,

Where did you catch that LMB? She's a healthy looking one for sure. I love to catch them thru the ice, when I go Ice Fishing.....It's sort of a rush, to fight them with just your hands and the line....

Cebuned
so ned when's dinner? :any-help:
Hello broden,

The second stripper, the 38 lb'er, I actually took that to a Fil-Am social club outting, that my wife and I used to belong to. I kept the fish whole, only gutting it and then stuffing it with a crab meat stuffing. It was so long, we had to put two grills together, side by side, to cook it. Once it was done and we put it on the table to be served, all hell broke loose..LOL I'de honestly have to say that it was gone in 15 mins.... Nothing was left, and I meen NOTHING, not even an eye ball...LOL It was a very big hit with the crowd.

Actually, it's not that hard to find them that size, and it's alot easier to find and catch them than one might think. Now a 50+ pounder, thats a different story. We call them Cows, once they hit 50+ pounds, and it's okay to brag when you do catch one that big or bigger, you've earned the right. For myself, after fishing for nearly my whole life, 47 years, I've still yet to catch my COW. My largest was a 48 lb'er one night, while again, drifting live eels. Eels are like candy, for Strippers... :lol:

broden
Hello broden,

The second stripper, the 38 lb'er, I actually took that to a Fil-Am social club outting, that my wife and I used to belong to. I kept the fish whole, only gutting it and then stuffing it with a crab meat stuffing. It was so long, we had to put two grills together, side by side, to cook it. Once it was done and we put it on the table to be served, all hell broke loose..LOL I'de honestly have to say that it was gone in 15 mins.... Nothing was left, and I meen NOTHING, not even an eye ball...LOL It was a very big hit with the crowd.

Actually, it's not that hard to find them that size, and it's alot easier to find and catch them than one might think. Now a 50+ pounder, thats a different story. We call them Cows, once they hit 50+ pounds, and it's okay to brag when you do catch one that big or bigger, you've earned the right. For myself, after fishing for nearly my whole life, 47 years, I've still yet to catch my COW. My largest was a 48 lb'er one night, while again, drifting live eels. Eels are like candy, for Strippers... :any-help:

man that's really some good eating..

my dad use to take us out for bluefish and others but those were always his favorite to fish for (the smaller ones were his favorite to eat).. usually night fishing .. he would catch enough with or with out is to overflow the bathtub.. we would often go crabbing to .. nothing like a fresh from the sea crab boil as soon as we got home... get the whole stove going get all the biggest pots out cover the table with news paper ... cook em up dump em out and everyone go to town

i've always wanted to go after cod

i've got to find a picture i have of my dad and scan it of a striper he caught .. right below a local dam just after they opened the gates and they call came in to feed i believe it was 38 pounds coincidentally . i know it was no smaller when i dig it out it's written on the back .. we had that picture up forever i need to find it anyway for display again i think it got moved when we were decorating for Christmas

kc8ual

That's nothing... Ask Ray about one of the club members catching a whale shark a few weeks back down south near Car Car. Out there fishing and snags one by the eye lid... The poor boatman had to free dive down to take the hook out :P Talk about a 250 kilo catch...

Oh, thanks for posting the info Paul... I mentioned the place last year, but forgot to add any more details. This is definietly a great place to hang out on a rainy day.

-Nick

kc8ual

Oh, and we already have the approval from the DNR as well as Car Car... its the financing and timing that keeps evading us. We can only get fries from Northern Luzon for about a month every year and then after that we have to wait another year. Unfortunately, they are P30 per fry and our last year's dues were not quite enough. Maybe this year we will.

-Nick

Edited by kc8ual

til

I really hope they will do that, It's been some time since I fished for Large Mouth. Would sure add some spice to my future stays in Cebu.

But how about just doing it? There are lakes with Bass on Luzon, couldn't just bring some over to Cebu?

Edited by til

kc8ual
I really hope they will do that, It's been some time since I fished for Large Mouth. Would sure add some spice to my future stays in Cebu.

But how about just doing it? There are lakes with Bass on Luzon, couldn't just bring some over to Cebu?

Of course, but it comes down to the cost of transporting them. We are looking at purchasing like 30,000 fry to feed the dam. That's where we are buying them from, but the poblem is that we needed permission and the like which caused us to miss last years spawning season. Hopefully this year... Everyone in the club is really looking forward to it... some of the guys have never fished bass in thier entire life. Right now the dam is filled with Talapia and snakehead.

-Nick