Lechon Pabo Today

• Admin (Retired)
broden

well in a few minutes i'll be putting a turkey on my pig spinner .. been wanting to try it for a while if it comes out good i may take the whole thing to my brothers next turkey fry around thanksgiving and put 5 or 6 on it at once ...

i'll get a pic or two later on ..just cleaned it out put the pole through and the two forks.. then used the same yard i used on the pig .. no bailing wire though.. and used the flavor injector and coated the outside with some melted butter mixed with soy sauce

my mother in law loves turkey her birthday is in a few days but we'll all be working then ... so this is for her .. great excuse to try something i've been wanting to try for a long time

• Admin (Retired)
broden

this is a bit over a 15 pound bird... when we deep fry em we stick to 12 to 14 pound birds

gallery_2443_106_44044.jpg

gallery_2443_106_32317.jpg

bikerdave

I had a lechon turkey last year here on Negros done by a Canadian and I must say it was just as good if not better than one done in a conventional oven but it was an imported bird. Had them before with a local turkey and it was no way in comparison. A bit tough and gamey and to put it nicely Ethiopian style=Wala carne

• Admin (Retired)
broden
I had a lechon turkey last year here on Negros done by a Canadian and I must say it was just as good if not better than one done in a conventional oven but it was an imported bird. Had them before with a local turkey and it was no way in comparison. A bit tough and gamey and to put it nicely Ethiopian style=Wala carne

take a hop down to Oz and get an ostrich and try that lechon style.. now that would be one hell of a bird to bring to the table on thanksgiving

onna these days i'm gonna get a side or more likely a half side of beef on that rotisserie and see what i can do

bikerdave
take a hop down to Oz and get an ostrich and try that lechon style.. now that would be one hell of a bird to bring to the table on thanksgiving

onna these days i'm gonna get a side or more likely a half side of beef on that rotisserie and see what i can do

Last year we had a lechon calf just fantastic it was

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Last year we had a lechon calf just fantastic it was

now there's an idea

and here's my turkey .. just at halfway done

gallery_2443_106_22500.jpg

gallery_2443_106_53458.jpg

and time for me to toss more coals on

now there's an idea

and here's my turkey .. just at halfway done

gallery_2443_106_22500.jpg

gallery_2443_106_53458.jpg

and time for me to toss more coals on

Broden, it's still too early but, looking at that Pabo, I am hungry already.

AngelofBroden
Broden, it's still too early but, looking at that Pabo, I am hungry already.

Angie, the pabo is very good- tender and juicy! Hahaha, didn't mean to make you hungrier, but it's the best pabo I've ever had:) I don't want to stop eating! Unfortunately, I need to lose lots of pounds so I have to stop eating, hahaha!

Best regards:)

bikerdave

Did you use a traditional stuffing or roast it empty. I did a rather large stuffed chicken before that was stuffed and it came out great

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Did you use a traditional stuffing or roast it empty. I did a rather large stuffed chicken before that was stuffed and it came out great

did this one empty.. did inject it though .... might try jut brining it next time.. when i slow oven roast pork i always brine it ... that really makes it

That twine looks interesting. Hmmm, cribbage, anyone? :shocked:

Seriously, the bird looks nummy! And I'm off to Rustan's on an onion run- gonna make a batch of chili for dinner tonight.

• Admin (Retired)
broden
That twine looks interesting. Hmmm, cribbage, anyone? :wt-hell:

Seriously, the bird looks nummy! And I'm off to Rustan's on an onion run- gonna make a batch of chili for dinner tonight.

:shocked: i really gotta learn that game

Angie, the pabo is very good- tender and juicy! Hahaha, didn't mean to make you hungrier, but it's the best pabo I've ever had:) I don't want to stop eating! Unfortunately, I need to lose lots of pounds so I have to stop eating, hahaha!

Best regards:)

Hello Day! I have not eaten pabo, didn't know it would look like that when roasted. That one looks very lami!!!

DeezNuz

Man...that bird looks scrumptous!

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Man...that bird looks scrumptous!

now it looks pretty much gone :shocked: