Sign in to follow this  
mattwilkie

EMERGENCY Contact needed in - iligan san miguel - AFTER STABBING

mattwilkie

Bit of an update (ive been out at work all day) she contacted my friend this evening and will be out of the hospital shortly and in a wheel chair for a week.

Point to note :- "Nobody asked for money for the operation" thats what the panic was about because she had sustained injuries and NOBODY asked him to send money the problem was getting in touch with her. One of my first comments when the situation came about was how sure was he this was real. But no doubt in a few days he will receive photos of the scarring which pretty much will prove the fact. Im keeping an open mind because they didnt ask for money also this isnt a "online" romance they have been together in the Philippines (although cant remember how long for).

Thanks Bob for moving the post..

Daisy not sure whats going on with the names sounds a bit odd to me.. but I dont know how close the cousin is because if anything like me I dont see my cousins for decades wouldnt be able to tell you any details :-s

think we will just have to wait and see what happens...

Thanks everyone for the help though especially Daisy on the ball as usual ;-)

mattwilkie

Well the benefit of the doubt seemed to be a waste in this case as she has turned out to be a scammer.. not sure of all the details but a new addition to dragon ladies will be added later..

Any expats in Davao that can help my friend hook up with someone who is genuine please get in touch as this is the 2nd time hes been bitten.

bikerdave
Well the benefit of the doubt seemed to be a waste in this case as she has turned out to be a scammer.. not sure of all the details but a new addition to dragon ladies will be added later..

Any expats in Davao that can help my friend hook up with someone who is genuine please get in touch as this is the 2nd time hes been bitten.

Like they say 3rd times a charm. Hopefully he's a bit wiser with the next one. wish him luck from me sounds like he could use it.

mattwilkie
Like they say 3rd times a charm. Hopefully he's a bit wiser with the next one. wish him luck from me sounds like he could use it.

Im hoping i can help him out with finding No.3 as he wants to retire soon hes even had to cancel his air tickets. Nice enough guy aswell.. just a pity there are so many of the scammers idling online waiting for someone to extract money from..

Will pass on your msg..

bikerdave
Im hoping i can help him out with finding No.3 as he wants to retire soon hes even had to cancel his air tickets. Nice enough guy aswell.. just a pity there are so many of the scammers idling online waiting for someone to extract money from..

Will pass on your msg..

He should really come here and spend some time and meet the girls in person. On-line doesnt seem to be doing him justice. Let him hook up with some of us and we can show him around.Im sure he will do better here in person even just hanging out at the mall than surfin the dating sites

Cipro

I'm just happy no one got a knife in the belly.

katja06
He should really come here and spend some time and meet the girls in person. On-line doesnt seem to be doing him justice. Let him hook up with some of us and we can show him around.Im sure he will do better here in person even just hanging out at the mall than surfin the dating sites

RIGHT! These people here in the forum is pretty much chill, let him hang out these guys in here and Im sure he will decide better once he is there in cebu. Once we will be in Cebu im looking forward to meet a friend from here also...can't wait to go home ;)i miss cebu much

As to scammers, dang!there are tons of internet cafe's in cebu and tons of scammers lining up in xoom or western union or whatsoever money transfer thing over there getting there money.

softail

Like the slogan goes "trust but verify". No wonder so many members here are so cynical about relationships, seems that we here so much about people being taken advantage in love scams. I

kar wren

...That's sad. I hope he'll get over it.

It still helps to be still. Be still.

It's a stressful thing he underwent.

Most of the time, not everything comes in like a neat package.

We can make plans but we can't always make it happen.

Edited by kar wren

Art

Thanks for the update these things do happen scamming and robbing so its good to clear which is which. Whats his hurry in finding a woman I would rather be alone than be with the wrong woman life is hard enough without someone adding their drama to it ?

mattwilkie

Im hoping he will head out to Cebu or team up with Daisy and Alan in the hope to find a nice match.. Hes a nice guy just looking to retire on a happy note..

Thanks for the replies btw..

Daisy

When I chatted with this guy and he forwarded to me the picture of the girl My friend, another member of ELCI, who is a native of Iligan City and I knew then that the girl is a scammer!!!!!!!! I told him also that, the address is a squatter's area and she lied to him. Her stories doesn't fit and even told him I SMELLED something FISHY. How could there be a 4 bedroom house in that place because I believe the description of my friend than the story the guy heard from his "girlfriend". She never asked moneyaccording to him but he offered to ive every now and then. In fact that day she was supposedly stabbed, she just pick up W.U 3K for medicine of her child. If she asked money for her child's med how come she didn't tell him right away what happen to her? It was plain and simple and invented story.

The very reason I just told him and I posted it here "for your sake I hope it it true that she is in the hospital" and that the end of my participation on his case.

Alan and I would be happy to meet him too Matt!

daisy

Edited by Daisy

loosehead
Thanks for the update these things do happen scamming and robbing so its good to clear which is which. Whats his hurry in finding a woman I would rather be alone than be with the wrong woman life is hard enough without someone adding their drama to it ?

Spot on. Never rush in. It's the easiest place I've ever been to meet quality women. Just rent a place, settle in, make friends and there will be plenty to chose from.

Bad luck for this guy but propably a good lesson learnt. I'm sure Daisy and her Expat Ladies Matchmaking Group will point him in the right direction.

aka
When I chatted with this guy and he forwarded to me the picture of the girl My friend, another member of ELCI, who is a native of Iligan City and I knew then that the girl is a scammer!!!!!!!! I told him also that, the address is a squatter's area and she lied to him. Her stories doesn't fit and even told him I SMELLED something FISHY. How could there be a 4 bedroom house in that place because I believe the description of my friend than the story the guy heard from his "girlfriend". She never asked moneyaccording to him but he offered to ive every now and then. In fact that day she was supposedly stabbed, she just pick up W.U 3K for medicine of her child. If she asked money for her child's med how come she didn't tell him right away what happen to her? It was plain and simple and invented story.

The very reason I just told him and I posted it here "for your sake I hope it it true that she is in the hospital" and that the end of my participation on his case.

Alan and I would be happy to meet him too Matt!

daisy

So you can tell by looking at a picture of a girl that she is a scammer?? Maybe you should start a business dealing with things like that.

I know you live in CDO and i hate to spoil your story but San Miguel ain't no squatters area. My best buddy ( a Canadian ) lives in that barangay and he actually has a 5 bedroom house and its actually a rather affluent area.

Please don't make up stories to make some dude feel better

Daisy
So you can tell by looking at a picture of a girl that she is a scammer?? Maybe you should start a business dealing with things like that.

I know you live in CDO and i hate to spoil your story but San Miguel ain't no squatters area. My best buddy ( a Canadian ) lives in that barangay and he actually has a 5 bedroom house and its actually a rather affluent area.

Please don't make up stories to make some dude feel better

It is not only the picture...we talked about her first, what happened, called the number he gave and when the one who answered does not know her, I asked for the picture and that's how I said "I hope for your sake that it's real because her story does not fit. Never entered to consider it a business....or a possible business

It is not the whole barangay but that particular area given only. We chatted for awhile, remember? I don't want to make anyone feel better by making up a story and the friend who is my source is a native of Iligan.