Solo female travelling in the philippines -- safe or not?

I'm kinda a wanderer, and am planning a solo trip to The Philippines and other parts of South East Asia such as Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Is it safe for a single woman doing so?

Just observe the same precautions as you would in your home country.

I'm kinda a wanderer, and am planning a solo trip to The Philippines and other parts of South East Asia such as Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Is it safe for a single woman doing so?

I think its always good to have a clear set of sensible rules to follow (there is some good advice in this forum on other postings) and most

are the same for male and female maybe the only one that differs is a hand bag could make you a target in some areas.

Singapore I consider one of the safest places in the world (allot safer than London), but even there its best to follow sensible security

rules.

Malaysia I consider safe, the only thing there is never walk beside a road with a handbag over your shoulder as its is known for crooks on

motorcycles to grab the bag and drag the person down the road if they don't let go, my girlfriend was with me in Malaysia, she looked round

Kuala Lumpur on her own and reported no problems.

Indonesia I cant advise on I haven been there, but lots of advice on other postings in this forum about security in the Philippines.

Regards Chaz

Since you are filipino chinese, no one will even look at your twice.

When you are in the province dress in local clothing and have a local bag.

You can wear your designers in the cities and rock out with your ____ out !

Lets us know when you get to Cebu so we can meet up !

:lol:

DeezNuz
When you are in the province dress in local clothing...

In some parts of the Philippines this is the local clothing...

...the baby is an optional accessory.

post-5388-1247055050_thumb.jpg

You'll blend right in. :lol::D

Edited by CebuSportFishing
In some parts of the Philippines this is the local clothing...

...the baby is an optional accessory.

post-5388-1247055050_thumb.jpg

You'll blend right in. :lol::D

You beat me to it :) one of the biggest threats is from the pick pockets and bag snatchers, yes a white American or European

is more of a target, but what they are after is money or other valuables and there is no race discrimination here. An Asian woman

is still a target if she looks like she has money, so such things as designer clothes visible jewelry etc. all flag up a good possible

target to the pick pockets and bag snatchers.

But I would suggest a happy compromise can be reached without resorting to your well selected example :D

Regards Chaz