Best carinderia

MattFromGA

Street side carinderia can get fairly low end and most places I wouldnt eat at. However, there is one that stands out above the rest: R&R on v-Rama in Guadalupe. Its the only carinderia that has tropical fish tanks that I know of. You can get your cheap ginaling... You can order fancy shrimp dinners....

My favorites:

Special Order Chicken Cordon Blue - 180 pesos, but its definitely enough to feed my wife and I. Home fries and onion rings included.

On Sunday after 5pm get their fantastic meatball dinner with pasta and marinara sauce. I forget the price - something like 60 pesos or so.

The staff is wonderful, and the owners are really nice people. Lots of ex-pats hang out here, which shows you how good this place is. Just below a basic restaurant in standards, but way better than the average carinderia.

kar wren

...Just last night, hubby and i have decided to have our dates there one of these days. =) Thanks for introducing the place.

The food here is good, the place is clean, the prices are reasonable, the beer is cold and the staff speak fluent English and were willing to run a tabfor me for the evening. Karen, aka Gigi, got two dinners: one of braised pork with bean sprouts and carrots, one of braised goat guts or something :o plus two orders of rice and a bottle of spring water. I had 4 skewers of barbecued pork and three San Miguel pilsners plus an order of beef steak with onions and two orders of rice to go. It came to P349. It was all delicious except for Karen's goat which was a bit gamy tasting for my palette. I will definitely be back.

kar wren
The food here is good, the place is clean, the prices are reasonable, the beer is cold and the staff speak fluent English and were willing to run a tabfor me for the evening. Karen, aka Gigi, got two dinners: one of braised pork with bean sprouts and carrots, one of braised goat guts or something :o plus two orders of rice and a bottle of spring water. I had 4 skewers of barbecued pork and three San Miguel pilsners plus an order of beef steak with onions and two orders of rice to go. It came to P349. It was all delicious except for Karen's goat which was a bit gamy tasting for my palette. I will definitely be back.

I love you.

GG.