Balikbayan Visa, or Privilege?

From a non-contestant-Good one Bob :P Jim has some good stuff on his over and over and overly posted website.

Edited by Steve
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ayala

• JamesMusslewhite

• Bob Ward

• Paul

samatm

I kinda liked Big Jims website...http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/tourist_visa_examples.htm. Why be shy about pluggin' http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.co...sa_examples.htm. I mean if I had a website like http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.co...sa_examples.htm I would be plugging it too!

by the way my balikbayan stamps for d wife and kids cost me 4k each but thats another story.

This might be one of the most dumb ass threads I have ever read here. Ayala, get a grip!! Left, right or both!!

In that case I suggest you go back four more times! :P Paragraphs, punctuation, grammar and spelling just must not be your gig! :)

Ayala, it wasn't the topic. It's the silly ass way you guys argue over a moot point.

I gotta tell ya, Bob...your one-liners are excellent, imo. I always get a chuckle or an outright nose-squirt of coffee when coming upon one of your gems.

You using Leno's old writers for your material?

Like Bob Hope said to Dolly Parton..."Thanks for the mammaries!"

Pete of New Hampshire

This might be one of the most dumb ass threads I have ever read here. Ayala, get a grip!! Left, right or both!!

Bob if you think this is a dumb ass thread-what do you think of the one where folks are finding fault with putting THE in front of The Philippines,or calling the philippines-The Philippine Islands(they are islands correct?They ain't whole continents are they.If we choose to live in the philppines or travel there-it can't be because we want to insult the country by calling it the Philippine Islands or PI,right?How in the hell can it be rude and ignorant to refer to the Philippines as the PI especially by guys who live or travel there?Now thats dumb ass,not guys getting into a pissing contest when the title is pissing contest :P started by his honor-Paul. :)

Bob Ward

Actually I was under the influence of allot of Tanduay when I wrote that. Heck Jim, you know what they say about publicity! I just think it's short on content, technically lacking, opinionated and overly commercial. But what do I know?

Edited by Bob Ward
Bob Ward
I gotta tell ya, Bob...your one-liners are excellent, imo. I always get a chuckle or an outright nose-squirt of coffee when coming upon one of your gems.

You using Leno's old writers for your material?

Like Bob Hope said to Dolly Parton..."Thanks for the mammaries!"

Pete of New Hampshire

Sometime I suffer from what is known as moderator burn out and should just walk away for awhile. It comes in ebb and flow but there are some really lame ass things people get all frizzled over and it's frustrating to read at times. As mentioned my resistance is down when libating! LOLOLOL Pete, I hear you like to partake now and then. Next time you are here!!!

Jim Sibbick
Actually I was under the influence of allot of Tanduay when I wrote that. Heck Jim, you know what they say about publicity! I just think it's short on content, technically lacking, opinionated and overly commercial. But what do I know?

Thankyou!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The website isn't designed for you!

It is for people who have little or no experience in the Philippines and is my resource for showing them about the Philippines. IE, if they don't know what a jeepney is, I can point them to a picture. If they want to know about nice places to visit, I can point them to a video.

I will however take exception to one point, lack of content. The website has the most content of any Philippines website I know of.

Regards: Jim

Bob Ward
Bob if you think this is a dumb ass thread-what do you think of the one where folks are finding fault with putting THE in front of The Philippines,or calling the philippines-The Philippine Islands(they are islands correct?They ain't whole continents are they.If we choose to live in the philppines or travel there-it can't be because we want to insult the country by calling it the Philippine Islands or PI,right?How in the hell can it be rude and ignorant to refer to the Philippines as the PI especially by guys who live or travel there?Now thats dumb ass,not guys getting into a pissing contest when the title is pissing contest :P started by his honor-Paul. :)

I read that popycock somewhere too. It's a good example of what I was talking about ^. I will call THE Philippines THE PI if I good and damn well want to. BUT I don't very often. Grew out of some of my military jargon.

Regarding the "THE" Philippines tripe, It's just that! Usage of "THE" is common and proper when the object/subject is comprised of a group of something. ie The Baltic States, The Cayman Islands, The Bahanas, The New England States, The Himalayas..... No argument needeed!!

musicman666

this thread is so long winded....just as a recap..... whats the bottom line?? as long as the wife is with me i can get my bb even if she was less than a year out of the country?

Bob Ward
this thread is so long winded....just as a recap..... whats the bottom line?? as long as the wife is with me i can get my bb even if she was less than a year out of the country?

That's the way the rules read. But some have had problems here and there depending on who is on duty at the time.

Nangulo

The Commissioner of Immigration Andrea D. Domingo informed the Department of Foreign Affairs on 04 June 2001 that, "All Immigration Officers at authorised ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayans and Former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel". This means that the above categories of persons could now avail of the Balikbayan benefits and privileges regardless of the number of times they enter the country within a year.

I got that from here. It's on the Philippine gov website, too, but that site is not responding right now. Just do a search for "balikbayan privilege R.A.6768". It was the latest change that made the balikbayan stamp good even for returns of less than one year.

Mark ...

Sure, the true balikbayans will get the 1 year visa privilage when coming back to there country, the Philippines Imigrations is REQUIRED to give it to them, but for the majority of posters on this board, most of us (or our Filipina wives) are not really true balikbayans.

And that's the problem for most of us.

Case in point ... I am an American citizen living here on a tourist visa I extend every 2 months. My Filipina wife is a Philippines citizen, but has never lived outside of the PI.

We made a trip to Thailand together awhile ago for a vacation. When we re-entered the PI in Manila, my wife asked if I could get the 1 year stay balikbayan privilage since we were married and she could show imigrations that even out last names were now the same on both my US passport and her Philippines passport ... They gave me the 1 year visa stamp ... Excellent!

But, was imigrations obligated to do it? .... no .... Neither my Filipina wife or myself was really a "balikbayan" as discribed by the imigration laws.

So, if you or your Filipina wife is not a true balikbayan, it is a crap-shoot as to whether or not you will get that 1 year stay stamped in your passport ... The best thing to do is just ask fot it. Nothing lost in doing so ... You might get lucky like I did back in December. Just be ready to show proof that your married to your Filipina wife, and again, she needs to be with you when you both step up to the imigrations guy at the airport.

and now here I thought that jab at Jim was just good-natured ribbing...and the reason I thought that way is because I can't imagine anyone complaining about his website.

Jim's website has been a great source of information, enjoyment, videos, and much more. Not only to me, but I think anyone who visits it would feel the same.

At any rate, keep up the good work, Jim.

Don't let a former hockey player tell you what constitutes 'culture'!

Pete of New Hampshire (a former hockey player)

JamesMusslewhite

I checked a few boards in my younger days.............spent most of my time in the box, I had a little attitude problem, who would figure??? Only lost 2 teeth, but left a lot of them on the ice....hehehe Where else can you hit like football, but at 30 miles an hour!!!? never pro or semipro...just beer circuit.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite