The New Lead Singer for "Journey"

USMC-Retired

yep he can sing. He sounds awesome. Yet he is no Steve Perry. I can listen to him on the radio however the image of Journey is changed. I think bringing in a younger guy though is good for Journey and will keep them alive. Journey has one image in my mind and that will remain.

yep he can sing. He sounds awesome. Yet he is no Steve Perry. I can listen to him on the radio however the image of Journey is changed. I think bringing in a younger guy though is good for Journey and will keep them alive. Journey has one image in my mind and that will remain.

Yeah-he's Arnel Pineda.Don't know what happened to Steve Perry but this filippino guy does a great job.

wildman01

I think Arnel Pineda dose a good job, the fan's seen to like him from what I'v seen..

Pinoy's are very talented, it seems they can do it all :D

USMC-Retired
Yeah-he's Arnel Pineda.Don't know what happened to Steve Perry but this filippino guy does a great job.

He has teamed up with David Pack of Ambrosia. He has released a few songs with David Pack.

shadow

He has been with Journey for a year and a half, so I would no longer call him "The new lead singer".

Yes, he is good.

Larry in Dumaguete

before Journey found Arnel Pineda in Youtube, these street kids had been singing

Journey songs for a while.. :D

JamesMusslewhite

He has an incredible voice, he can hit notes that I never could. Not even if someone was nailing my nutts to the floor.

liquido

IMHO... Yes the new lead has a good voice..but..would you say an Elvis impersonator sings better than Elvis??..no way..same reasoning.many duplicators here but no originators...

An amazing story to be sure. Due to coming from an impoverished family Arnel was a "street urchin" for a while, sleeping in Luneta Park at night and scavenging trash to sell. Probably did his share of begging and pilfering too.

I read Journey paid him 5 million US for the first tour. Imitator or not he doesn't have to sleep on park benches anymore.

Whenever you see a vid of the "new "Journey" there are always Steve Perry Bitches that can't get over the fact the he's no longer there.

Steve Perry had his day, he can't sing those songs like he used to. I won't say his voice is shot, but it ain't what it used to be.

Arnel gave Journey a new life and they are back on the road, cutting CD's, making money.

Neal Schon has said Arnel is the best tenor they have had since Perry's glory days.

He has been with Journey for a year and a half, so I would no longer call him "The new lead singer".

Yes, he is good.

Larry in Dumaguete

What he said. Journey contacted him in June of 2007 and he started touring with them in February of 2008.