how long can a foreigner stay in pi

How do u get the 60 day visa here before going over?

Simple

Go to the PH embassy in your country and pay for it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• EAGLE

• ancienrocka

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this reserved tone... surely you could throw a few expletives in for effect.. you will feel better for it

well in answer to my own questions:   the 6 month visa was back dated to the start of the week I applied which I thought was stingy.   on both check-ins I was asked for my return ticket out of the

16 months.

I'm on month 12. My extensions have cost anywhere from P2,100 to P4,300.

Yeah they alsways vary, I think from memory you can keep extending up to 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Marry a Pilipino and get 1 year visafree entry! June 2011 I enter Philippine with my son and got 1year. He has dual citizenship. He called back my son and when he show his passport, he accepted 1 year visafree entry as BalikBayan.

• 2 months later...

16 months and after that you need to go see the head in Manila. Bureau Chief. If you have a legal valid reason or a pecular situation out of your control and nothing is wrong. He will approve.

I understand there is now a new schedule ( new to me) for renewal of tourist visas? After a period of time you must renew for one month then every other renewal is alternating from 2 months to one month. can any one confirm this?

SkyMan

Marry a Pilipino and get 1 year visafree entry! June 2011 I enter Philippine with my son and got 1year. He has dual citizenship. He called back my son and when he show his passport, he accepted 1 year visafree entry as BalikBayan.

A little confused here. Your son being a dual citizen shouldn't have needed any stamp. Are you saying you got a BB stamp for coming in with your son? I've never heard of a parent getting BB. The BI site only mentions spouses and children or did you forget to mention your wife was with you?
  • 4 weeks later...
Happynaess

No, I am divorced. I come to Phil with my son only and I was granted status BB(balikbayan). My son did not need a stamp. He got status PP(pasaporte) in the norwegian passport when he showed his Ph passport. What I was informed then asked in Ph Embassy in Norway: Now they say "travel with family"(read near/close family)

My wife and I will be living 6 months in Canada and 6 months in Philippines, Would the BalikBayan pass be the way to go or would it be better to get a 13a ? Balikbayan is free where 13a cost money, Is there benefits to having a 13a over Balikbayan. I realize that a Balikbayan is not always guaranteed but Think it is around 99%

• 1 month later...

Hi Scott, if you are only here for 6 months at a time stick with a Balik Bayan visa as they are good for 12 months, if you decided you wanted to retire here in the future for good, then is the time to get your 13a sorted out. You should never have a problem getting a Blaik Bayan visa if your wife who i presume is filipino is standing by your side when you go through immigration.

I`m a Canadain married to a Filipina, so I get the BalikBayan visa. So I am wondering, can my son, who is not filipino, ( so he would be my wife's stepson ) get the BalikBayan stamp if he comes with us to the Phils??? We usually stay seven weeks when we go there.

• 3 months later...

16 months.

I'm on month 12. My extensions have cost anywhere from P2,100 to P4,300.

Everyone is talking "EXTENSIONS" - does the PI not have a one year VISA (renewable annually)

such as the Thai Retirement VISA

[for 'old' expats over age 50 with sone financial requirements

and it costs 1,900 Baht/year ($60 USD +/-) and if you wish to

leave Thailand and reenter and retain this VISA - a single

reentry stamp costs 1,000 Baht ($30 +/-). A 'multi-entry

stamp, good for unlimited comings and goings for the full year,

costs 3,900 Baht ($120 USD +/-).

or

an annually renewable "Marriage" VISA????