how long can a foreigner stay in pi

How long are the extensions for if you have a temporary stay visa? Another 59 days per extension??

Does each city have an office that can do them, or do you have to go to Manila to get one?

This question has been :thumbs_up: many times here. Please use the search feature on the forums for further information.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Paul

• JTS

• sperry

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this reserved tone... surely you could throw a few expletives in for effect.. you will feel better for it

well in answer to my own questions:   the 6 month visa was back dated to the start of the week I applied which I thought was stingy.   on both check-ins I was asked for my return ticket out of the

SkyMan

16 months.

I'm on month 12. My extensions have cost anywhere from P2,100 to P4,300.

After 16 months you can request an allowance to stay up to 2 years from the BI in Manila and i'm told they have been approving those. You still have to extend 2 months at a time though. 2 years is supposed to be the absolute max though as a tourist. Then you fly to HK and back the same day and start over.

Get ready to bend over and take this:

There's a new system.

On your 59th day when you go to extend again there's a new charge.... 2,3++ for a TEMP I-ACR Card that expires when you leave the country.

Express lane fee is now 1,500..

This is what these ppl do all day... come up with ways to get more out of the non-phil..

SkyMan

21 days if he / she enters without a visa.

59 days if he / she enters with a 9(a) visa attached to his / her passport.

After both of those lengths of time expire, the visitor will have to pay for extensions in order to continue to stay in the country.

Just to add a bit, the extension after the 21 day pass is 38 days taking you to the 59 days you would have had you entered with the 9a. All extensions after that or after the 9a are 59 days. You can get a shorter extension if you want also. If, for example, you want to stay 70 days you can enter with a 9a and extend only 1 month saving a few $$.

ancienrocka

Thanks for the information Jomads - didn't know about the increased Express Lane Fee!

I have started a new thread about the changes in case it gets missed here.

"IMPORTNT - New policy at BoI"

Paul

lazydays

Tony,i think you are confusing the 1yr,with the 1yr Balikbayan privilige,only available if you enter the country with your filipina wife.

P1500 express lane fee when you apply for 59day ext and ACRI,does not make any sense,how can they charge an increased express fee for ACRI,when you have to return 3 days later to collect ACRI card,thats hardly express service.taz.gifkidding.gif

Have you actually paid this?

Edited by lazydays

Don't bother with the extensions, You can bribe whoever is at the window at customs when you leave for about a 1/3 of what u owe. Seriously! Just think about how much a few thousand pesos is to the person behind the counter, its a perk of there job. I have done it many times in the PI.

Don't bother with the extensions, You can bribe whoever is at the window at customs when you leave for about a 1/3 of what u owe. Seriously! Just think about how much a few thousand pesos is to the person behind the counter, its a perk of there job. I have done it many times in the PI.

In addition to your advice being highly illegal, there is something that you aren't taking into consideration.

While you are here, if a Filipino files any sort of case against you at the BOI, you can, and will be detained on the 3rd floor of the BOI office in Mandaue City. Furthermore, you will probably be deported from the country. So, if that is what you wish to do, knock yourself out. However, I would never, ever advise anyone to do that.

Lee From Cebu

Just because you get a stamp at the office will not mean when you try to leave the country it will be in the computer...a very risky chance to take...I,ve never been to the 3rd floor of BOI and never want to be..

• 3 months later...

16 months.

I'm on month 12. My extensions have cost anywhere from P2,100 to P4,300.

After 16 months you can request an allowance to stay up to 2 years from the BI in Manila and i'm told they have been approving those. You still have to extend 2 months at a time though. 2 years is supposed to be the absolute max though as a tourist. Then you fly to HK and back the same day and start over.

hi skyman( or anyone who will reads this,) my understanding is that, a foriegner can stay for upto 16months in the Philippines, has changed from 12 to 16 months, but what i am not sure off , is when you apply for an extension, each time you must produce a return ticket from your country of origin, as each time i have only stayed upto 6 months, i have never had to worry about the return ticket. lapsing ,however, will the airlines allow you to keep renewing your ticket indefinitely? or will it lapse after say 12 months.,then i assume you have to fly to HK then purchase a return ticket and repeat the whole performance every 16 months? or is there an easier way? I have a filipino partner, do i have to marry her to get a visa that will last a decent period of time ? any ideas please....

Cheers!!!!

dealer (NZ)

ancienrocka

In addition to your advice being highly illegal, there is something that you aren't taking into consideration.

While you are here, if a Filipino files any sort of case against you at the BOI, you can, and will be detained on the 3rd floor of the BOI office in Mandaue City. Furthermore, you will probably be deported from the country. So, if that is what you wish to do, knock yourself out. However, I would never, ever advise anyone to do that.

Good advice mate - over the course of the years I have been offered some unbelievable deals - as I'm sure you have! They are just that - unbelievable and very dodgy.

A very basic principle in any country is to obey the law and you have the law on your side.

Paul

Billyand

Good advice mate - over the course of the years I have been offered some unbelievable deals - as I'm sure you have! They are just that - unbelievable and very dodgy.

A very basic principle in any country is to obey the law and you have the law on your side.

Paul

I fully agree with you Paul. But to my knowledge, there are no limits of how long you can reside here in the Philippines. Its up to what kind of visa you have.

I went for one of thees unbelievable deals and had a problem when I got my ACR card. It was dealt with there and then and I got my card!

I have been living in different country round the world, and I assure you, obey the law and you have the law on your side.