how long can a foreigner stay in pi

i have heard several different versions of this so maybe u guys can enlighten me. How long can a foreigner be in the rp before he has to pay for extended stay? I have been told 3 weeks,,4 weeks and 1 yr. Thx in advance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• EAGLE

• ancienrocka

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this reserved tone... surely you could throw a few expletives in for effect.. you will feel better for it

well in answer to my own questions:   the 6 month visa was back dated to the start of the week I applied which I thought was stingy.   on both check-ins I was asked for my return ticket out of the

Paul

21 days if he / she enters without a visa.

59 days if he / she enters with a 9(a) visa attached to his / her passport.

After both of those lengths of time expire, the visitor will have to pay for extensions in order to continue to stay in the country.

If you are going to stay longer than 21 days its better to get the 59 day visa from your home country its cheaper and you have 2 months to enjoy your holiday and not worry about visa renewals.

After both of those lengths of time expire, the visitor will have to pay for extensions in order to continue to stay in the country.

without the 9a visa what do the extensions cost for 2 months?-thx again

My first extension after a 59 day visa was P4,300 the cost varies for each extension and some one with more extended experience could tell you.

Bob Ward

As long as he wants to! :angry:

• 2 months later...
JohnFromTexas

How do u get the 60 day visa here before going over?

How do u get the 60 day visa here before going over?

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/downl...migrantVisa.pdf

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/Downloads.htm

Of course for Americans and if there is a closer consulate than Washington, use that one.

Edited by Mr. Lee
Forefall

16 months.

I'm on month 12. My extensions have cost anywhere from P2,100 to P4,300.

To pick nits, before those lengths of time expire you'll have to pay for an extension if you want to stay longer. Otherwise you'll also have to pay a fine for overstaying your current visa.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta guest coming into the Phil next week. He's only going to stay 10-days and is coming from the Middle East (where he works). He doesn't need to get a visa right? Just have proof of an exit out of country.

udonthani

citizens of just about every country did not need a visa to enter the Philippines for stays of less than 22 days.

• 5 months later...
Ivantheterrible

How long are the extensions for if you have a temporary stay visa? Another 59 days per extension??

Does each city have an office that can do them, or do you have to go to Manila to get one?