Sign in to follow this  
Panserhansen

Sports

Panserhansen

Being here about 6 months, I haven't seen too many expats into any sports. But Cebu does offer a good variety of sports for those interested.

Football/Soccer:

I recently joined a group of expats playing football every Saturday at Cebu International School. The pitch is quite good, and there's a mix of Europeans, Americans, Japanese and Koreans. Cost 1000 peso per 3 months to join.

Tennis:

Haven't been playing this myself, but I've seen there are a couple of courts at Sandtrap, Banilad. Believe it was 150/hour. You can also rent equipment for 100/hour, or of course bring yourself. Probably best on a cloudy day.

Basketball:

Not my kind of sports, but there are plenty of basket courts in various conditions all over Cebu.

Badminton:

Two courts indoors at Holiday Spa&Gym between the Tinderbox and Cebu Country Club. You can buy a decent beginner set for less than 1000 peso at Ayala.

Swimming:

Several swimming pools around Cebu. Holiday Spa has a good one. Waterfront too, but not any lanes there. About 1300-1500 a month to join. Waterfront 350 a day, including a small lunch, borrowing a large bathing towel and sunbed.

Golf:

Haven't played myself, but Cebu Country Club in Banilad seems good enough for those interested.

There are of course a lot of other sports activites in Cebu(please leave the naughty ones yourselves!), but what and where to do - and how much does it cost?

ricosadao

I've seen plenty of dwarves in those basketball courts...scratch_head.gif

joemama

my dream is to have/build a public disc golf course in or around Moalboal...it is a great sport, not stressful and if you dont know what it is, you can google it....the closest one to phils is in thailand. I have been playing since 1980 and started in huntington beach, ca (the first course was built in Pasadena, Ca)...they are in all states now, and many places in europe too. I think i need to talk the cebu governor into it tho...need a lotta land for the disc golf 'Park' :thumbsup:

• Like 1

washingtonian88

Panserhansen

That is very very good info!

What about volleyball for the ladies?

fanboat

Theres 2 tennis courts in Naga

4 badmitton courts in Mingalnilla

Pm mme if one want to have a game

Cary

I can't play for my life, but I love basketballthumbs_up.gif

fanboat

Gamme on @ noon today...Naga community center.

Fanboat playing tennis against Lars.

Free admission.

Exibition game.

see you there

Free beer to all who attend this event

Hope I don't pass out in the heat!

fanboat

Results:

Lars Set 1.......Win 6-1

Lars Set 2.......Win 6-2

notes:Fanboat did not suffer a heart attact (but damn close)and Lars did'nt play fair...he hit the ball clear on over to the far side on each return...mmade fanboat run like hell to get to the ball.

broden

Results:

Lars Set 1.......Win 6-1

Lars Set 2.......Win 6-2

notes:Fanboat did not suffer a heart attact (but damn close)and Lars did'nt play fair...he hit the ball clear on over to the far side on each return...mmade fanboat run like hell to get to the ball.

just pay some kids to chase the ball for you next time

fanboat

Results:

Lars Set 1.......Win 6-1

Lars Set 2.......Win 6-2

just pay some kids to chase the ball for you next time

That was the beauty of our game...we had kids chase the balls for us...and score keep too......50 pesos...it was noon time and way to hot for me.....but I am hooked and want to play this game of tennis often.

fanboat

Whos up for a few sets ot tennis this tuesday?

Naga Clay Courts.

Edited by fanboat

loosehead

my dream is to have/build a public disc golf course in or around Moalboal...it is a great sport, not stressful and if you dont know what it is, you can google it....the closest one to phils is in thailand. I have been playing since 1980 and started in huntington beach, ca (the first course was built in Pasadena, Ca)...they are in all states now, and many places in europe too. I think i need to talk the cebu governor into it tho...need a lotta land for the disc golf 'Park' :search4:

Looks like a really fun sport. I never heard of it but a quick google and it's everywhere in aussie.

thebob

In Moalboal there is football twice a week and lots of cyclists. There is a football pitch in front of the church and plenty of cycling trails. There is also a tennis club, but I don't know anything about it.

Windsurfing is also popular with some. Volleyball and basket ball are everywhere.

I'm a big fan of cycling, it's low impact (unless you crash) and a good all round workout.

fanboat

In Moalboal there is football twice a week and lots of cyclists. There is a football pitch in front of the church and plenty of cycling trails. There is also a tennis club, but I don't know anything about it.

Windsurfing is also popular with some. Volleyball and basket ball are everywhere.

I'm a big fan of cycling, it's low impact (unless you crash) and a good all round workout.

Is that real football.....usa rocksshitstormretarded.gif