good and bad news about western union

HappyinPH

The good news first - this applies to those who use the UK website. I have no idea whether it applies to sending from other countries. Previously, if you sent under £500, the fee was £1.90, but much more if you sent over £500 (I think it was £8.90). Now both under and over £500 cost the same, £3.90, so I suppose that's only good news if you normally send over £500.

Now for the bad news. I've been registered with Western Union for about 8 years, and for the past five have only sent money to my partner or myself here in PH. Now suddenly I got a message saying they couldn't process any of my transactions, and I had to write to Global Customer Reinstatements in the US. After some days, they sent me a long form full of questions and there were various documents they wanted to see. They couldn't even get their facts right, because they asked for details of my transactions to Hong Kong (I don't even know anybody there!). I don't think I'll bother - there are other ways to get money here.

This is obviously a general thing, as my transactions are neither large nor suspicious, so if you use WU, expect it to happen to you one day!