TIN (tax identification number)

MJones

Just curious. If one is here with the retirement visa or marries a Filipino and lives here as a married couple can he obtain a Philippines TIN? A TIN is needed to open bank accounts etc in most countries. 

Goetz1965

I have SRRV and Iwork, that way I got my TIN. 
But a TIN is not required to opan a PH bank account, you just need ACR card.

reich31e

When I opened a bank account long long time ago, TIN wasn't required. But when I had to update my BPI account, they asked TIN

I went to BIR and got without any problems my TIN as a permanent resident and 13 A ACR-I card holder.

to_dave007

I don't have TIN and I have bank account here.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:10 PM, Goetz1965 said:

I have SRRV and Iwork, that way I got my TIN. 
But a TIN is not required to opan a PH bank account, you just need ACR card.

Do you think you need to work here to get a TIN? Could a retired guy get a Philippine TIN? I have a bank account here already. I am interested in a TIN for tax reasons. 

to_dave007
2 hours ago, MJones said:

Do you think you need to work here to get a TIN? Could a retired guy get a Philippine TIN? I have a bank account here already. I am interested in a TIN for tax reasons. 

Just go to the BIR office near Ayala and ask them..  I THINK you can get it easily while you are there..  and it should be free... it's JUST a number.