400 g Spaghetti

4-5 eggs

100 g Italian Parmesan, grated

2 dl cream

Oil to roast

Butter

Salt, pepper

Preparation:

Roast the ham slices in a frypan until crispy.

Cut into small pieces after cooling.

Strike the eggs with the Parmesan and gradually add the cream until a podgy sauce is developed.

Spice with salt and pepper. Mix the ham bits under.

Cook the Spaghetti in salted water until al dente.

Pour off the Spaghetti and add the egg-ham-sauce mix under constant stirring into the still warm pan.

Under constant stirring moderately heat up until the sauce starts to thicken.

karo2fel
:rolleyes:

patrickau

Would you please explain, what you mean?

I don't understand your comment!

Regards Karl

patrickau
patrickau

Would you please explain, what you mean?

I don't understand your comment!

Regards Karl

maybe i was harsh but to me that doesnt sound like a good carbonara recipe in my personal opinion you have it half right but the only egg u put in carbonara is generally a egg yolk placed on top wen served and then the person eating breaks yolk and stirs in or stir in yolks when you take it off the heat no egg whites are even used and u forgot lots of ground pepper and salt 2 taste and i would go with lardons instead of ham but if you like what u make thats good for you.but dont let it stop you posting more recipes im interested to see more maybe some filipino dishes would be good to see :rolleyes:

Bob Ward

This dish has many variations but the majority call for beaten eggs. A few have beaten eggs with extra egg yolks. I've only seen one with egg yolks added raw. But that would not be my favorite way to eat the dish. To each their own I think.

patrickau
This dish has many variations but the majority call for beaten eggs. A few have beaten eggs with extra egg yolks. I've only seen one with egg yolks added raw. But that would not be my favorite way to eat the dish. To each their own I think.

maybe there are variations but the raw egg yolk is more authentic from my understanding, to add whole eggs and no ground pepper its not a carbonara if someone served me that in a restaurant i would send it back as its not what i ordered .yes to each to their own i agree with you on that part

Bob Ward

If I were to make one, I'm not that fond of the dish, I'd use pancetta or good bacon if unavailable, cracked peppercorns, good olive oil, crushed red pepper, chopped parsley, 4 egg yolks (mixed in while still very hot) and a little white wine added to the obvious ingredients. I am just not fond of raw eggs really.

But I think the OP was about an everyday dish you can easily make without much prep or expense.

Edited by Bob Ward
karo2fel
maybe there are variations but the raw egg yolk is more authentic from my understanding, to add whole eggs and no ground pepper its not a carbonara if someone served me that in a restaurant i would send it back as its not what i ordered .yes to each to their own i agree with you on that part

You right, there are lots of variations.

From which country is the Carbonara Sauce?

ITALY - did you know that SWITZERLAND is Italy's neighbour in the North?

There are many people in the whole world mixing SWEDEN and SWITZERLAND!

Most of the restaurants here in Cebu are not making the really original Carbonara Sauce.

I used to eat Spaghetti Carbonara in Italy a lot since Italy is a country a lot Swiss are going for vacations!

Edited by karo2fel
patrickau
If I were to make one, I'm not that fond of the dish, I'd use pancetta or good bacon if unavailable, cracked peppercorns, good olive oil, crushed red pepper, chopped parsley, 4 egg yolks (mixed in while still very hot) and a little white wine added to the obvious ingredients. I am just not fond of raw eggs really.

But I think the OP was about an everyday dish you can easily make without much prep or expense.

the egg does cook into the dish as its hot off the stove i wouldnt say the yolk would be raw by the time it reaches your mouth.your dish sounds tasty but still not a carbonara a carbonara is a cream dish lots and lots of cream , maybe bobonara is a good name for your recipe

karo2fel
the egg does cook into the dish as its hot off the stove i wouldnt say the yolk would be raw by the time it reaches your mouth.your dish sounds tasty but still not a carbonara a carbonara is a cream dish lots and lots of cream , maybe bobonara is a good name for your recipe

Probably you are a chef to know it better.

I nowhere mentioned the sauce to be cooked!

Bob Ward

Edited by Bob Ward
karo2fel

Thank you very much Bob

75 watched it without knowing better!

What I posted was a very simple recipe and quickly prepared.

Why does it need arguments:

I feel my posted Carbonara Recipe is just like the Ford Explorer

posted from robert51.

Why is there always one who knows everything better!

I don't know if patrickau ever was in Italy to eat real made Carbonara or not.

Switzerland does not have any beaches - we used to go by car to Italy. (4 or 5 hours drive)

I believe I was more than 20 times for 3 or 4 weeks in Italy.

Why cant everybody who knows it better just cook it his own way.

Best regards to all who can just accept as it is and maybe try to prepare themselves?

Karl (karo2fel)

Turbota
Strike the eggs with the Parmesan and gradually add the cream until a podgy sauce is developed.

I am still trying to figure out what a podgy sauce is ?

Also, I am thinking that "Strike the eggs" with Parmesan means "mix" the eggs with Parmesan ?

Sorry, but I am from the US, and have never heard of a podgy sauce or strike the eggs before ... In fact, I even did a Google search for "podgy sauce" and came up empty.

Edited by Turbota
karo2fel
I am still trying to figure out what a podgy sauce is ?

Also, I am thinking that "Strike the eggs" with Parmesan means "mix" the eggs with Parmesan ?

Sorry, but I am from the US, and have never heard of a podgy sauce or strike the eggs before ... In fact, I even did a Google search for "podgy sauce" and came up empty.

Hello Turbota

Sorry, but podgy is a british word: dumpy, podgy, pudgy, tubby, roly-poly, fat (vs. thin)

strike an egg - beat an egg!

On the link below you can find synonyms for english words!

http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/

I hope I could help you!

Regards Karl

Bob Ward

See, I understood all those directions because many of my friends are from the UK and or parts of Scandinavia.

Edited by Bob Ward