The obligatory "I met a girl " post

calasiaobound
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, davehud said:

Were you married?

Yes

25 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Did she do massage all the way through the pandemic?  I never tried..  but I ASSUME that those places were all closed down..  especially in Cebu City itself..  which went into strict ECQ lockdown for some months..  with the army in town to enforce it. If you weren't here in that time..  you don't know just how STRICT it got..  and MUCH MORE SO in Cebu City than in any other part of Cebu. A level of strictness more like Shanghai earlier this year than California at any time in pandemic

Did she get vaccinated (COVID)?  if so she will have a small vaccination card with her true name (and I think date of birth) on it.  Can't imagine ANY legitimate massage place hiring someome who was NOT vaccinated.  And I am pretty sure everyone needed to show some ID to get vaccinated.  

Ya they closed down and she says she didn't return because she didn't want vaccine 

Also I asked her about her i.d. and she said it was a Chinese owner and he didn't follow the rules and would lie or something when they came around checking.  She said she only trained for a week and never got certified 

Edited by calasiaobound
Addition to original thoughts
  • Haha 1
A_Simple_Man
26 minutes ago, calasiaobound said:

She said she only trained for a week and never got certified 

Well how much training is really needed for a Chinese rub and tug?

• Haha 2
Headshot

There is no way to know what services she provided at whatever spa she worked at. In my experience, most massage in the Philippines is just that ... massage. As for training, the vast majority of "massage therapists" in the Philippines get all of their training OJT at the spa where they work. Therefore, they have no idea how to tailor the massage to the customer's needs. They only know one way to massage.

As for massage being highly regulated, that is laughable. Extra services are at least available at probably a third of the spas. The more upscale the spa is, the less likely that extras are available. As for a Chinese man owning the spa where she worked, there is nothing out of the ordinary about that. Most businesses in the Philippines are owned by ethnic Chinese, so that would include the good spas as well as the bad spas (where extras are regularly available).

You are asking for shortcuts, but you already know that is NOT possible. The only way you can get to know this girl is to get to know her ... in person. And that will NOT happen during a vacation to Cebu. You should know by now that it takes at least months before you will know what is in a woman's heart, if you even do then. And you must be constantly alert for red flags (and don't dismiss them) the whole time.

If anybody tells you to be careful, or tells you they have seen something out of the ordinary involving the girl, then you should always take that advice and follow it. Putting blinders on during the beginnings of a relationship is a recipe for disaster. Lastly, I think it is stupid to take a girl that you don't really know back to the US. If you do, bad things will likely happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Edwin

Decide what you want, then go for it. If you were looking for a former massage parlor girl with lice and no ID, you've found your dream girl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
DeedleNuts
On 8/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, calasiaobound said:

I honestly don't know man. That's why I came here. So all massage is a red flag?

Are you sure you're a previous resident? Really? What did you do here last time? 

DeedleNuts
On 8/23/2022 at 10:09 PM, to_dave007 said:

I ASSUME that those places were all closed down.

The one here in Taguig was running a year or so ago. Not sure before that. 

calasiaobound
On 8/29/2022 at 11:14 PM, DeedleNuts said:

Are you sure you're a previous resident? Really? What did you do here last time? 

Pretty sure I was. Dementia hasn't quite kicked in yet.

However I lived in calasiao pangasinan which is vastly different than the larger provinces and I didn't dabble in massage or girly bars. Just had my own apartment with a local girl

Edited by calasiaobound
  • Haha 1
On 8/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, Jawny said:

Massage therapy is a DOH regulated industry. A legitimate therapist will have a license if they pass a board exam after six months training at DOH authorized training centers. 

Head lice is a common problem and can be difficult to completely be rid of them. 

Easy as pie. Farmacy ask for kudo shampoo...

• Like 2
DeedleNuts
5 hours ago, calasiaobound said:

I didn't dabble in massage or girly bars.

I've never had a "happy ending" type massage either but massage is a commonly available service here. Heck I can go downstairs and choose from at least two difference massage places in this building. If the massage costs 250p, it's a massage, if it costs a lot more, I assume it's more. Just a rule of thumb but I get an actual massage with some regularity and it's not, I assure you, naughty. 

They are also not massage 'bars', one is a nail salon that offers massage and the other is a Thai massage place where the goal seems to be to hurt you so bad it feels good when they stop. 

Hard to believe a previous resident is unaware but if you say so.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man
3 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

If the massage costs 250p, it's a massage

Its the "tip" that initiates a happy ending.  A high number of 250p massage places will have therapists that give extra service.  You have only to ask.  But if you just want the massage then that's fine too.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
DeedleNuts
2 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Its the "tip" that initiates a happy ending.  A high number of 250p massage places will have therapists that give extra service.  You have only to ask.  But if you just want the massage then that's fine too.  

Depends on where, but the chunky man-handed masseuses in the places here (BGC area) I'm pretty sure that's a no. The one in Subic, maybe. The ones in Puerto Galera, probably. 

• Like 1
DeedleNuts

I'm gonna go across the street and get a massage - science you know. 

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, DeedleNuts said:

I'm gonna go across the street and get a massage - science you know. 

Tell her "Those shorts don't fit so I left them off"  Wink Wink

• Haha 1
DeedleNuts

She did OK for a tiny little thing, the normal manhand masseuse was not there late. I'm going again in a bit, and then possibly once more late tonight. I moved a few weeks ago and my back is still sore. 

On topic, none of these ladies have done anything that would disqualify them from GF duty IMO and a good massage is a plus :D

• Like 1
Chris24
12 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

She did OK for a tiny little thing, the normal manhand masseuse was not there late. I'm going again in a bit, and then possibly once more late tonight. I moved a few weeks ago and my back is still sore. 

On topic, none of these ladies have done anything that would disqualify them from GF duty IMO and a good massage is a plus :D

By some men's standards, you are getting dangerously close to becoming trapped in a committed relationship. :lol:

• Haha 1