The PACT Act and your VA benefits

lamoe

This includes Agent Orange

https://www.va.gov/resources/the-pact-act-and-your-va-benefits/?utm_source=Feature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VetResources&utm_id=10AUG2022

The PACT Act and your VA benefits

The PACT Act is a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances. This law helps us provide generations of Veterans — and their survivors — with the care and benefits they’ve earned and deserve.

• Like 1
smokey

To little to late i joined army in 1968    5 of us all same class in high school 3 army 2 marines all viet nam and now i be last man standing other((( 4))) 1 car accident 20 years ago rest cancer    hummmm

mikecon3

The ads and lawyers are out in full force here in eastern NC because of the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. None of my ailments fall into the list they've provided, but I'm considering myself fortunate. The list is some pretty nasty stuff and I'm thankful I don't have any of them.

• Like 1
Banacon

Just got IU, Permanent and no future reviews. Agent Orange heart issues. At 74, hope this Marine, Viet Nam vet can finish my wall in bohol..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Chris24
3 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

The ads and lawyers are out in full force here in eastern NC because of the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. None of my ailments fall into the list they've provided, but I'm considering myself fortunate. The list is some pretty nasty stuff and I'm thankful I don't have any of them.

I'm getting all sorts of spam email about Camp Lejeune, but I don't think it's selective and I've never been there.  I did however do three tours at Ft. McClellan Alabama which gets some press due to contaminated soil and water from a nearby Monsanto plant, plus years of training and testing of various agents there by the army chemical warfare school.  The VA says that people stationed there  "may have been exposed to one or more of several hazardous materials, likely at low levels"  - but-  "there are currently no adverse health conditions associated with service at Fort McClellan."  Some other non-government sites say yes.   I'm not sure what the truth is.  Fortunately I dont have any health issues that I'm aware of.   In fact the last time I saw a doctor, I was examined, X-Rated, and sent home. :rolleyes:

• Like 1