Passport Photos.

Fossil73

I need recommendation for quality photographer to take good quality passport photos to Australian Passport. Already had 2 sets rejected. Am getting a bit frustrated.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Fossil73 said:

I need recmmendation for quality photographer to take good quality passport photos to Australian Passport.Already had 2 sets rejected.Am getting a bit frustrated.

I usually do my own but that's for US/RP passport or visa. Do they tell you what's wrong with them? Perhaps find one of the visa places that do Oz.

bert
3 hours ago, Fossil73 said:

I need recmmendation for quality photographer to take good quality passport photos to Australian Passport.Already had 2 sets rejected.Am getting a bit frustrated.

I had a lot of photos rejected at the Auzzi office. The person in the office sent me the kodak shop that was a couple years ago

i got mine photos done kodak shop across the road from the Australian embassy  Makati no probs  got new passport delivered to me at sogod southern Leyte

Fossil73

MProblem is I live 60ks south of Cebu City and trying to do it by email.Had some photos done by photo shop in Ayala Mall but they were rejected

to_dave007

Canada is also quite strict about passport photo requirements. The major reason is that they will use the photos within image recognition systems, so that photo of your face will be electronically compared to the image stored by Canadian government.  I would expect Australia does the same.

Canada publishes a set of pass port photo REQUIREMENTS to tell you whats needed..  ..  https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/photos.html

I think you must START by finding the Australian requirements (like these Canadian ones..  but for Australia) and read them carefully.  No point to fight it.  They will insist that the photos be EXACT to requirements.

Then..  I would choose a photographer who is ACCUSTOMED to making passport photos..  Instead of going to Ayala, I would go to Pacific Mall where Philippines DFA passport office located..  (or I think they have satellite office at SM Seaside now) and look for photographer there who specifically takes passport photo's.  The best wedding photographer in Philipines may be useless at passport photos because of the strict requirements.

Hmm..  a quick search found this Australia requirement..  https://www.passports.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-04/camera-operator-guidelines.pdf.  Quick read will show you how strict they are... and VERY close to Canadian requirements as well.  It's all for the computerized image recognition.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, bert said:

I had a lot of photos rejected at the Auzzi office. The person in the office sent me the kodak shop that was a couple years ago

i got mine photos done kodak shop across the road from the Australian embassy  Makati no probs  got new passport delivered to me at sogod southern Leyte

Right..  the key is that the shop was close to Embassy and frequently had to do passport photos.

A_Simple_Man
14 hours ago, Fossil73 said:

Am getting a bit frustrated.

When you get frustrated enough that you stop smiling in the pics then they will be accepted.  (Just having a bit of fun but that is a big reason for turndowns . .Applicant must show a neutral facial expression (no smiling, mouth closed) and look straight at the camera.)

• Like 1
SkyMan
8 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Hmm..  a quick search found this Australia requirement..  https://www.passports.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-04/camera-operator-guidelines.pdf.  Quick read will show you how strict they are... and VERY close to Canadian requirements as well.  It's all for the computerized image recognition.

Looks about the same as the US although the measurements might be slightly different. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

I have the guidelines but what I see in the finished photos and what the passport APO sees are two different things,however I have to go to city on Saturday so will try Pacific Mall

On 8/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Fossil73 said:

I need recommendation for quality photographer to take good quality passport photos to Australian Passport. Already had 2 sets rejected. Am getting a bit frustrated.

I have done passport pics for six Australians. Just look up the guidelines. Take it from a distance (white back ground) and crop it with Photoshop to size so that biometric specs are correct. Cropping is "not" digitally altering the pic. It's mostly about the size of the head within the size of the photograph. All mine were accepted first time. Many shops here don't even know what biometric means.

Edited by hyaku
On 8/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, Fossil73 said:

I have the guidelines but what I see in the finished photos and what the passport APO sees are two different things,however I have to go to city on Saturday so will try Pacific Mall

same here in the UK we can do our passports on line, sending a digital photo, 

The first two times I tried, the photos were rejected and yet looked to be to the correct criteria, the third time I sent the same photo but did not reduce the image size and this was excepted. They do stipulate untouched image, the software they used must have picked up that the image had been reduced and therefore not original and deemed it retouched, 

Try sending the original untouched image 

• Thanks 1