Metro Life - Policy Document Lost

sj124

My father about 50 years ago done for me an insurance policy, I think it was with metro life, I have lost the  document is there anything I can do please?

to_dave007

no

• Thanks 1
sj124

thanks but iam sure iam not the only man who has lost a document

Kahuna
1 minute ago, sj124 said:

thanks but iam sure iam not the only man who has lost a document

What have you tried?  Contact the Insurance company?   There's not a lot of info here to work with...

• Like 1
Kahuna
On 8/2/2022 at 6:04 AM, sj124 said:

My father about 50 years ago done for me an insurance policy, I think it was with metro life, I have lost the  document is there anything I can do please?

Metro?

Prudential? 

I don't think you know for sure what you are looking for. :scratch_head:

Chris24

I'm assuming that this was some sort of whole life or policy on you as a child, that would build cash value, rather than something shorter term that would have lapsed/expired when the premiums stopped being paid.   In addition to contacting the insurance companies (did you mean MetLife and/or Prudential?) you might also contact the state in which the policy was taken out.  In the US, insurance companies are mostly regulated at the state level instead of by the federal government, and often in circumstances where a policy matures or money is just sitting there with no way to contact the owner or beneficiary, the insurance company is required to give the money to the state after a certain number of years pass, so the claimant contacts the state.  It will help if you have your and your father's social security numbers. 

If you post back here with what state(s) pertain I'd be happy to post back with the contact information for that/those state(s).  But best to start with the insurance companies themselves and go to the state if you can't locate the policy that way first. 

Also if you instead meant that your father had a life insurance policy on himself with you as the beneficiary, please post that also as I suspect there will be a different process for that sort of claim (which I think also varies by state).  In that situation I think you should be prepared to use an attorney in that state (after first contacting the insurance company/companies and then the state itself), and hopefully uncoverign more specific info as I'm not sure an attorney could do much with the info you have thus far, and they'd want to charge you up front unless they have enough info to know for certain that there are funds they can take their fees out of  once they recover them for you. 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man
5 hours ago, sj124 said:

iam sure iam not the only man who has lost a document

And you are also not the only man who did not collect money that was due to him.

sj124

thank u will check everything

crazygolfer

50 years is a long time... the company might have been bought up numerous times merged with other... etc etc...

However, doing a simple Dr Google search on "metro life philippines", I found this: 

Metlife Philippines - Headquarter Location, Corporate Office Address and Opening Hours | TwoInstitute

Click the above to find out if it could have anything to do with your request.

In the above link you can read:

About

Metlife Philippines is Life and Health Insurance in Philippines that focus on Provider business. They cover business area such as Provider, insurance service, individual and group customer, Philippines.

• Thanks 1