Paragis (Bilabila)

HappyinPH

Anyone have any experience of taking this herb? It is apparently easy to find out here in the province. It is said to help for a wide range of conditions, but of course the evidence may be shaky. Just now I have some lower back pain which is getter better anyway, but if I drink bilabila tea for a few days, and the pain clears up, people will say it's because of the bilabila. 

• Like 1
HappyinPH

Well, several members of my extended family swear by it - one said it cured her insomnia, another said it lowered his blood pressure. I think it's worth trying if it's found near where you live. Bilabila tea tastes ok, and it may do you some good, while it's hardly going to do you any harm, any more than other herbal teas. And it's free!

Almost all the info on the Internet is on websites from tropical countries. The Wikipedia entry, under the Latin name Eleusine Indica, is very brief and makes no mention of its use as medicine.

So there you are. Ask your wife/partner what she knows about it! 

DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, HappyinPH said:

Bilabila tea tastes ok, and it may do you some good, while it's hardly going to do you any harm

OK so possibly true but what would you base that assertion on? Or would you care for a little arsenic to freshen up your complexion?

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, HappyinPH said:

Bilabila tea

Google says the active ingredient is just acetaminophen