An EV I could buy

SkyMan

I have a PHEV and it's great for short commutes and area shopping and gets decent gas mileage as well. But I wouldn't want a full EV now unless the range and charge time were improved a lot.

Perhaps, however,  if the car had 1.21 Gigawatts....

https://delorean.com/

• Like 2
Semper paratus

EV as in an Electric Vibrator ? Yep that's the only EV worth a crap. :ROFLMAO::showing-ass::shit_stirrer:

Edwin

On 6/30/2022 at 10:21 PM, Semper paratus said:

EV as in an Electric Vibrator ? Yep that's the only EV worth a crap. :ROFLMAO::showing-ass::shit_stirrer:

I don't know. My EV is fun.  But Ouch! That seat.  :mad_01:  

image.thumb.png.f0613c57865acf80c978cde46d88a34d.png

• Haha 1
to_dave007
On 6/29/2022 at 6:17 PM, SkyMan said:

I have a PHEV and it's great for short commutes and area shopping and gets decent gas mileage as well. But I wouldn't want a full EV now unless the range and charge time were improved a lot.

Perhaps, however,  if the car had 1.21 Gigawatts....

https://delorean.com/

I wouldn't mind getting one..  with 3 wheels .. or 4..  small..  exclusively for around town..  20km range..  or 60km would be enough for my friday "social" hour.  No popint in getting a bigger one unless it could carry me..  120 kilo..  plus my kids..  and "purchases" whatever they might me..  the ~100km to CC and back from sea level to 1000 meters.  But around town..  it would likely cut down on wear and tear on my Crosswind.. and extend it's life a couple years.

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

NWOW has a store in Mandaue where you can look up their vehicles. But its ot that much.

20220425_133835.thumb.jpg.695326c29a84e696b9a112a45e669fc0.jpg

I really dont like those 3-wheelers, I think about getting a 4-wheeler, but they come with LEAD-ACID batteries so the first thing to replace are those.

I think of getting a 4-wheeler "golf cart style" from supremo LINK: GOLF CART LEISURE (company.site)
The 4 seater buggy is 150k and the 6-seater is around 180k.
Leave away the leadacid batteries and install LiFePo4 instead
Exchange the roof with a 600W solar panel 
Install a simple hybrid inverter so you can charge the battery using solar PLUS the Inverter gives you a connection to the GRID power.

Screenshot_20220512-144811_Lite.thumb.jpg.53220c83f644ddbc4b810e2626317f26.jpg

185794058_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-30um23_42_37.thumb.png.09db349c53e1927455f7dfd78568dd2e.png

Or if I find a skilled welder and mechanic why not build it yourself like this?
1656132425846.thumb.jpg.4468b46ac5aff8c555b91d1b61f4b6c6.jpg

Theres also a YouTube channel from a guy who built his own EVs, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Techchannel91

Why do you need these full sized CARS?
Its always warm in the philippines, so a buggy style is all you need.
For rain protection just add plastic as they use in the jeepneys - thats it!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-30 um 23.42.24.png

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1
lamoe
21 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

NWOW has a store in Mandaue where you can look up their vehicles. But its ot that much.

20220425_133835.thumb.jpg.695326c29a84e696b9a112a45e669fc0.jpg

I have the 2 passenger 3 wheeler - was 30,00 I believe. Use it to go to corner store 1.2 Km, to Inabanga and have gone to Tubigon. 20Km and 50Km round trip

If anyone does try to go to the Mandaue, it's on the opposite side of the street from what Google said it was. Also no parking in front or sign that's easy to see

image.thumb.png.a150a815b2553fb675e2a649e93401a6.png

image.thumb.png.d793c48faf712ac740d1ab68fdd5275a.png

• Like 1
to_dave007
16 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I have the 2 passenger 3 wheeler - was 30,00 I believe. Use it to go to corner store 1.2 Km, to Inabanga and have gone to Tubigon. 20Km and 50Km round trip

This is kind of what I have in mind..  and i like the price..  But as Goetz says I wish they have a better battery.

They build these trikes then add a battery.. but I think they need to select the battery then build a trike around it.  The battery (and electronics) is the key element.  If I buy something like this I'd like to get 10 years from it.. at LEAST..  Can I do that with the battery they sell it with?  or will I forever have battery issues?

lamoe
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

This is kind of what I have in mind..  and i like the price..  But as Goetz says I wish they have a better battery.

They build these trikes then add a battery.. but I think they need to select the battery then build a trike around it.  The battery (and electronics) is the key element.  If I buy something like this I'd like to get 10 years from it.. at LEAST..  Can I do that with the battery they sell it with?  or will I forever have battery issues?

Depends on how careful you are with it's maintenance.  Odette killed mine (I was in US) by cutting power for months and of course they didn't take storage precautions. 6,000P to replace the set of 4.

Once a month I take t down to almost "have to push now" then do an overnight charge.

Get up to 32 /35 Kph on full charge 3rd gear

SkyMan

I don't know what kind of batteries they use but if you get 4 years from a lead acid battery in the Philippines, you're doing good. 

Semper paratus

Check with Bud Brown from Dumaguete. He's well known on his blogs or whatever they call that stuff. When I left the Phils Bud had an EV parked for over 2 years that he needed batteries for from China I believe, could have been 3 years. Be careful what you wish for with that EV shit. All is not gold that glitters. And what do you think will happen to electric rates when NORECO and the likes figure out you need them ???? Good luck.

lamoe
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Check with Bud Brown from Dumaguete. He's well known on his blogs or whatever they call that stuff. When I left the Phils Bud had an EV parked for over 2 years that he needed batteries for from China I believe, could have been 3 years. Be careful what you wish for with that EV shit. All is not gold that glitters. And what do you think will happen to electric rates when NORECO and the likes figure out you need them ???? Good luck.

I bought an extra set of wire harnesses for about 250P if I ever want to add (series then parallel) an additional 4 batteries - any brand as long as 12V . 

I bought mine just for snicks to ride locally - gets me out of the house - out every morning for bananas and buns.

Edited by lamoe
Goetz1965

All EV here use LEadAcid batteries, but these need extra care with charging and discharging. 
I asked in NWOW and the listed prices are without batteries, so the tricky part is just to get a LiFePo4 battery with the right voltage and SIZE as a replacment.
Until now I still havnt found that - as LiFePo4 cells are a bit larger theres not just a 48V or 60V battery that just plug&play replaces a LeadAcid battery sadly.
And at the moment I dont have the money and the time to DIY - even building a LiFePo4 battery is easy to do.
Maybe next year....